Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What makes you say that?…
EDIT: what makes you say it wouldn’t make Q3?… I ordered about 10 minutes after is went to 5-7 months.
The current predicament of Shanghai, the number of people still waiting from Q4/early Q1 (first 2-3 weeks) across multiple types, the fact NA vehicles are now being delivered with old parts as of today that Shanghai likely doesn't have spares laying around of.

Ordered 3 at 8-12, currently at 6 months for 2, and have had one delivered.

A march order like yours won't be filled in Q2 and is quite possible it won't be Q3 either, although that is the one you may get lucky for.
This only applies for LR/P. Most LFP RWD variants have been delivered on time, maybe even sooner. My SA told me that RWD will definately recieve sooner. When I asked Chatswood reps seperately (3 of them) they said the same. This has been confirmed by other posters, as well as trends(in this very thread) show NCA battery Tesla's are primarily the ones being delayed.

Reactions: penn_ and Cmoney991
The current predicament of Shanghai, the number of people still waiting from Q4/early Q1 (first 2-3 weeks) across multiple types, the fact NA vehicles are now being delivered with old parts as of today that Shanghai likely doesn't have spares laying around of.

Ordered 3 at 8-12, currently at 6 months for 2, and have had one delivered.
Can you elaborate on this? Cars are being delivered with old parts? Source? What are NA vehicles?

Can you elaborate on this? Cars are being delivered with old parts? Source? What are NA vehicles?
no Matrix headlights on cars built in the last 14 days from Fremont, suggesting significant parts shortages occurring.

They still have AMD.

How far this reaches (may not affect shanghai, may be worse in shanghai, shanghai cars may be missing many more things, or using much older stock, etc.)

Last edited:
Matrix headlights on cars built in the last 14 days from Fremont, suggesting significant parts shortages occurring.

They still have AMD.

How far this reaches (may not affect shanghai, may be worse in shanghai, shanghai cars may be missing many more things, or using much older stock, etc.)
Interesting. Where's this info coming from?

I think we'll be ok for Shanghai. They only had 1 week of parts as per 19 April and the article i posted above says 80% of the original 666 businesses are now back up. Also China has also approved a list of over 1100 additional businesses that can now resume production. Plus the land freight is being opened up and digital passes implemented for truckies. And Shanghai is better placed to receive those where they need to be shipped to the US.

Optimist til i die.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cmoney991
Interesting. Where's this info coming from?

Other reports on reddit as well.

Other reports on reddit as well.
Cheers! Will be interesting to keep an eye on this to see if it's a factory screw up, just a batch because they found a pallet or a thing that's actually happening going forward.

Hella (who manufactures in 35 countries) manufacture Samsung headlights for Tesla so working out the supply chain there could be difficult.

Het team, ordered M3P on the 18th Jan 22.....just passed the 14 week mark. I was told they get shipments every three months from China for Brisbane distribution. Was told mine should be on the next shipment :rolleyes: I'll belive it when I see it. I have never waited for so long for something in my entire life, especially something this expensive....not going to lie, not the best feeling.
14 weeks is not a long wait, but I’m guessing you have another 3 months of waiting. Try waiting for a RR, it took me just on 12 months for a factory build.

In better news Turandot has anchored off Shanghai.
Hopefully just going to "wait about" for a few days before loading up with a "shipload" of Teslas.
Screenshot_20220501-195047.png

Reactions: Loxmyf
They will notify you of the VIN usually via SMS.
The source code just gives us early access to it.
I got my SMS a day after a VIN was assigned.

Tesla Update: A vehicle has been assigned to your order. Visit your Tesla Account to view your delivery estimate and complete any outstanding tasks: ts.la/account

Closer to the delivery estimate visible in your Tesla Account, you will receive an SMS to schedule your Express Delivery appointment.

Reactions: Cmoney991