Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Also on other online portals.
Thanks! I had googled it and couldn't find anything, bad googling..

The 18s have the same rolling diameter as the 19s - higher profile tyres are used - so the ground clearance should be the same.

(My SR+ with 18s had a single 19" loaner wheel on it for a few days at one point!)
Yes, so true. A mate who bought a RWD Tesla said that to me this morning and I had to explain that they were the same rolling diam, the difference is only marginal.

Heading to Korea, to pick up Hyundai's??
I thought so but it's not actually stopping at Ulsan. Stopping at Pyeongtaek (where Teslas have been reported being offloaded in the past. Right near Seoul) and then to Masan (not the big Hyundai Ulsan port but right next door). Might be the same deal with Tesla. Cars come out of different local ports because shipping companies vary. Who knows. Not me yet. I'll have a great working knowledge by the time it is no longer required because i will have my car!

• Funny
Reactions: rtvanda
Given there were roughly 4000 Teslas delivered to AUS in Q1, I propose that customers awaiting orders would be similar (or more?) for Q2. Maybe not all personal orders, and def not all on this forum.

Perhaps a large portion are going a little insane, while waiting, without our collective group support.
I think it depended on what “run” Tesla were doing. My mate ordered his RWD after some of the P guys in the spreadsheet and he got his a couple of months ago, and yet they are still waiting. I hope (selfishly) they are doing the LR now.

Reactions: Zogman
I thought so but it's not actually stopping at Ulsan. Stopping at Pyeongtaek (where Teslas have been reported being offloaded in the past. Right near Seoul) and then to Masan (not the big Hyundai Ulsan port but right next door). Might be the same deal with Tesla. Cars come out of different local ports because shipping companies vary. Who knows. Not me yet. I'll have a great working knowledge by the time it is no longer required because i will have my car!
… and then to Port Kembla?

Reactions: garylovesbeer
Hi IcedCoffee, I ended up calling an SA to ask them about the benefits of moving down to the 18" from the 19" (which will not result in a refund for difference in cost, in case anyone was wondering).

I did voice my concern about the ample anecdotal feedback regarding the 19" being more susceptible to pothole damage, but he did bring up a valid point, it really depends on your driving style and how fast you're going when you hit a given pothole. He also mentioned that he personally has a Model 3 LR that has 19" wheels and he hasn't had any issues with potholes so far.

He also mentioned that, ideally to capitalise on $$$ I should probably look at picking up 18" wheels after-market if I change my mind about the 19" wheels, selling the latter for a little bit of $.

For anyone still wanting to switch from 19" to 18" though, the SA mentioned that it would not impact/affect your place in the queue, nor will it impact the purchase price. :)
Seems there is an active market for Tesla wheels - people swapping between 18" and 19" - so you could keep your eye on Marketplace and grab a set if you find some.
Like all of us, you have plenty of time to search ...

I think it depended on what “run” Tesla were doing. My mate ordered his RWD after some of the P guys in the spreadsheet and he got his a couple of months ago, and yet they are still waiting. I hope (selfishly) they are doing the LR now.
Parts problems as well as incorrect assumptions on demand I would think. Hope you get yours as well Max - waiting is no fun.

Seems there is an active market for Tesla wheels - people swapping between 18" and 19" - so you could keep your eye on Marketplace and grab a set if you find some.
Like all of us, you have plenty of time to search ...
I do love the look of the 3P wheels,, but i hated large wheels with rubber band tyres on my Audi Rs3 so was over it... hit a pot hole and clench ya buttocks to see if its blown!

I commented this morning to a colleague that I 'm developing a deep pool of rather useless knowledge about shipping.

My guess is that if we dont hear of VINs being assigned in the next week or so, we can put a line thru that one... So, on that note, it's time to go and do the source code check again for the fifth time today LOL

So WA have introduced a $3500 EV rebate for cars up to $70k!

Great news for us who got a M3 order in before the price rise, mine is $67k OTR
In QLD, they have given rebates of $3,000 for vehicles up to $58,000. The basic Tesla (at the time) was $59,000 and was the only EV available in QLD except for the Audi eTron or Merc EV which were well over $100,000.