Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Silly question for the Tesla veterans here. I'm booked in to pick it up from the Adelaide DC on Thursday but I'm now in a fight with work about keeping the day off because it turns out they've accidentally given all the senior managers the same time off. Anyway, the app says everything (payment, registrant, etc.) is done so what are my chances if I call and ask for an earlier delivery (i.e. over the weekend). I'm guessing it would be a pointless endeavour...

Silly question for the Tesla veterans here. I'm booked in to pick it up from the Adelaide DC on Thursday but I'm now in a fight with work about keeping the day off because it turns out they've accidentally given all the senior managers the same time off. Anyway, the app says everything (payment, registrant, etc.) is done so what are my chances if I call and ask for an earlier delivery (i.e. over the weekend). I'm guessing it would be a pointless endeavour...
Give tesla a call, I am sure you can move the date once you explain your circumstances.

Just got home from picking up the car from the paint people. I will let these photos do the talking for me. 😊

1000027379.jpg

1000027388.jpg

1000027394.jpg

What tinting did you get done? Lowest legal tint? 20% rear and 35% front? I don't like the way some cars look with 20%/35% so I was thinking just getting 35% all around to keep it uniform, but that doesn't look too bad.

Also need to make a choice on matte or glossy PPF for my black 3.
I went gloss PPF as it was aligned with the original paint job. And I wanted my car to look like KITT from Knight Rider as much as possible. 😂

In terms of the tint, I went with darker than legal tint to make the black paint pop. So glad I did. Looks stunning. Just chat with your detailer and go from there. That's what I did.

Well the .uckers at tesla just called me. They have moved my date for pickup from tomorrow at 2:30pm to next Wednesday the 22nd at 9:30. Just spent 15 minutes on the phone blasting them. I am not happy.
This is to ensure the smoothest, best possible delivery experience for you. The same happened to me; was booked in for 4th of may and was moved to the 10th so the friendly team at Tesla can provide a safe, smooth and all-round competent delivery experience - which i completely understand (km not a car guy). The 22nd is just around the corner, hang in there bud.

It really depends on how busy the delivery centre is. My first M3 was only delivered with 28% and I had a 100km drive home so was a bit worried and mentioned it to them and they apologised and said that they had so many cars going through they just didn’t have time to charge them. It did make it home though. When I picked up the MY it was at around 60%-ish from memory.
Same here with me. Had 48% state of charge dude. Ended up making it home with 5% left - was quite nerve recking for a first time EV owner! Hope you're well.

Well the .uckers at tesla just called me. They have moved my date for pickup from tomorrow at 2:30pm to next Wednesday the 22nd at 9:30. Just spent 15 minutes on the phone blasting them. I am not happy.
Hi Wagits

Thats bad, what is the reason they are telling? Even here ship came on 01-May, but my delivery is only 25-May and reason he was telling is the car is coming from port only on 23-May