Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... For extra points, add your signature, like mine below, to your account here, so we can see on each post what and when you ordered. It gives very helpful context to all of these conversations.
Just remember that you can only add a sig after you have posted 5 posts. At least I think it's 5. If unsure have a look in the Website Tutorial.
Caught me out originally as I thought it was a great idea for reference to other people's status.

Morning all. We are M3LR White/Black Melbs OD 1/12 - can those who have received VINS tell me how they received them? Email? Our account is now showing 'pay now' button, but thought we would receive a VIN before that...Also, could someone provide a link to the spreadsheet - can't seem to find it. Many thanks.
Does that make you breezy_tesla from the spreadsheet?

1656544285930.png

Yep, that's me. Just called Tesla, sit tight they said. Ugh!
My understanding is you have go through the App and/or Web page and accept the new terms (Range Change, Visual Auto Pilot) and then a VIN is assigned possible hidden on the webpage.

If that is all done then you have the VIN and should mean the car already exists (maybe?!) and will be on its way in good time.

Reactions: javataco
My understanding is you have go through the App and/or Web page and accept the new terms (Range Change, Visual Auto Pilot) and then a VIN is assigned possible hidden on the webpage.

If that is all done then you have the VIN and should mean the car already exists (maybe?!) and will be on its way in good time.
Yep, we accepted the new terms, which was a decrease in range due to new chip, and no longer ships with radar. Alas, still no VIN, and have checked source code. *sigh*

Reactions: Ormaus
🤣 Actual meltdown over people being cranky? Id be surprised if you don't work for Tesla. Pull your head in mate.
What meltdown? What I wrote is a clear headed, unemotional observation on a number of people in this forum threatening class action lawsuits and getting mad at Tesla without good reason.

It might be helpful for you to clam down and read what I wrote again and think of how you fit into it all. As I said,

“I’d suggest that if you’re getting mad about a car delivery you would be best to chill for a while enjoy the community anticipation. Cars are being allocated and any time now you’ll probably have a VIN.”

Would you have the link to the spreadsheet by chance?

What meltdown? What I wrote is a clear headed, unemotional observation on a number of people in this forum threatening class action lawsuits and getting mad at Tesla without good reason.

It might be helpful for you to clam down and read what I wrote again and think of how you fit into it all. As I said,

“I’d suggest that if you’re getting mad about a car delivery you would be best to chill for a while enjoy the community anticipation. Cars are being allocated and any time now you’ll probably have a VIN.”
This meltdown. 😉 Clam down yourself Tesla employee. Going around defending the honour of corporations and attempting to control the vibe of online discourse. Weird hobby.

Anyway trolls dealt with. I am seeing a second day of no progress on the spreadsheet. Do we think these are a couple of cars in a ship? Doesn't fit building unless they are saving vin allocations to the 4 days the plant is shut down. Or those initial ones were a test of the splash page.