Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If we haven't received a VIN yet can we expect to get ours 7 weeks from 19/7, 24/7 or 8/8 which is the next ships heading to aus?
No one is sure.

If you have your VIN then its coming (at some point - just becomes a ship spotting exercise :) ) otherwise its somewhere off in the future.
Good news is, those 'in the know' say that VINs will be coming out over the next few weeks.

VINs also come out while the vessel with the car is in transit already.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard the slow boat from China!

Please add your order details to the Teslike spreadsheet linked in my signature below by adding your order details to the form linked below.

Please also consider adding your details to your signature, like I have below.

This will save a dozen questions and answers later on like "when did you order" 😉.
Cheers mate. Hope to see some progress soon! (fingers crossed) ;)
Added the details to the form and I have been trying to figure out how to edit my signature but I was unable to find it. Can you tell me where I can find this?

Hey Guys,
Good morning.
It was sad to see that we only got maximum 1 (maybe 2) VINs allocated yesterday.
Not to get too many hopes high but we have always seen Tesla flirt with us on Fridays. We also had the Aug-Oct delay call on a Friday (well at least I did), so let's hope we can get Tesla to tease us with more VIN allocations today!

Reactions: *Sparkles*
Hi all,

Just found out about this forum and signed up.
I am waiting for my M3 RWD - white / basic option with sports wheel as well

OD - 23/1/2022
EDD - Aug-Nov 2022
Vin - not yet

I will share any updates here which I am hoping to get sometime this/next week.
You'll be able to put those details in your signature after posting more than 5 time I think it is. Thanks for onboarding! The more data points the more confusing it gets 🤣.

Ok, so maybe I have been on here too long and have gotten WAYYYY to deep into finding the meaning in things on my Tesla account page on pc but I am 99% sure they changed the language under the little section: Estimated delivery (Dont worry I was on the AU site every time)

I posted this a few weeks ago and copy and pasted it from my account:

Australian Model 3 Waiting Room

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Now it reads:

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.

Ok, so maybe I have been on here too long and have gotten WAYYYY to deep into finding the meaning in things on my Tesla account page on pc but I am 99% sure they changed the language under the little section: Estimated delivery (Dont worry I was on the AU site every time)

I posted this a few weeks ago and copy and pasted it from my account:

Australian Model 3 Waiting Room

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Now it reads:

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.
Never took notice of this before but mine also says the same thing, so can't comment if this has changed or not.