Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok had 2 text messages now from Telsa, a day apart:
1. To inform me my final invoice is ready to pay
2. Sign registration documents

Frustrating thing is...these texts are not for me and it's an admin error for another customer. Said no guarantee I wouldn't receive more text non associated to my order! Are they taking the P1ss?
Wow ever 'Tony' is congratulations by the way! That's who the texts were for!

Just to change our focus and maybe allow time to pass and VINs arrive...
The "Order Fee" (deposit) we paid way back when.... am I right in saying this amount does not show as a "credit" paid by the customers, but an outright fee. In other words, the "deposit" we paid does not come off the price of the vehicle at settlement.
No it does not come off. As such the WA Department of Transport say that the Order Fee and the Delivery Fee, being MANIFACTURER levied fees, not “negotiable” dealer fees, form a part of the car contract price. So the M3 that I was hoping to order (base 3 at $65500 with blue paint and white interior adding up to $68500) and get the $3500 EV rebate on, actually is contracted at $68500 plus delivery of $1375 and order fee of $350 so adds up to $70255. No rebate BECAUSE of that bloody order fee!! If only they kept THAT off the final invoice/off the books!!

Reactions: *Sparkles*
No it does not come off. As such the WA Department of Transport say that the Order Fee and the Delivery Fee, being MANIFACTURER levied fees, not “negotiable” dealer fees, form a part of the car contract price. So the M3 that I was hoping to order (base 3 at $65500 with blue paint and white interior adding up to $68500) and get the $3500 EV rebate on, actually is contracted at $68500 plus delivery of $1375 and order fee of $350 so adds up to $70255. No rebate BECAUSE of that bloody order fee!! If only they kept THAT off the final invoice/off the books!!
Sorry about that... not a good situation. I must be naive, I always thought when you pay a deposit on an article... that becomes credit... not disappear in a big hole because they deem it an "Order fee"

Depends what you mean by coming off the price of the vehicle at settlement. WRT Car Contract Price and government rebates etc you are correct.

But its part of the overall price so you have a small credit already. So the balance to pay is smaller.
You can see it under your order agreement.

1657249861063.png

Just to change our focus and maybe allow time to pass and VINs arrive...
The "Order Fee" (deposit) we paid way back when.... am I right in saying this amount does not show as a "credit" paid by the customers, but an outright fee. In other words, the "deposit" we paid does not come off the price of the vehicle at settlement.
This is how it is included in the Price Details on my account page.

Payments Received​

Order Deposit -$350.00

• Love
Reactions: Ormaus
Screenshot_2022-07-08_11-23-18.png

I'm also in WA - this is my order and it looks like the total price (inclusive of the delivery fee and order fee) is below the $70K limit so I'll qualify for the rebate. I'm assuming the blue paint is what pushes you above - can you not change to white paint (or black seats) to get yourself under the threshold for the $3.5K?

I have... that's why I'm querying... no big deal, but I thought a deposit is a credit to your account.
Correct. It took $350 off the Driveaway Price eg Driveaway Price $69350 Amount Owing $69000.
I must be thick... Using "Zarbs" example above... where does the $350 order fee come off the drive away price. It shows as a debit in the top section, but is not deducted as far as I can see.

I have... that's why I'm querying... no big deal, but I thought a deposit is a credit to your account.
You have not paid a deposit. The $350 is a non-refundable order fee to cover the administration required to process your order. If you complete the order, making full payment and take delivery the order fee is subtracted from your total payable. If you cancel they keep your $350.