Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No it does not come off. As such the WA Department of Transport say that the Order Fee and the Delivery Fee, being MANIFACTURER levied fees, not “negotiable” dealer fees, form a part of the car contract price. So the M3 that I was hoping to order (base 3 at $65500 with blue paint and white interior adding up to $68500) and get the $3500 EV rebate on, actually is contracted at $68500 plus delivery of $1375 and order fee of $350 so adds up to $70255. No rebate BECAUSE of that bloody order fee!! If only they kept THAT off the final invoice/off the books!!
Yup can confirm - the EV rebate form asks for the dutiable amount which includes delivery and order fee. That really sucks, I wonder if changing interior to black would affect delivery date, it still looks amazing

My LR order date 8/2
"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."
dont know what it was or f it changed.
definite change

Estimated delivery: Aug - Oct 2022​

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.

Reactions: Mattflow
Yup can confirm - the EV rebate form asks for the dutiable amount which includes delivery and order fee. That really sucks, I wonder if changing interior to black would affect delivery date, it still looks amazing
Yep. DoT said that had the delivery fee or order fee been DEALER costs, they would not form part of the contract from their perspective and then I’d qualify. But because they are MANUFACTURER costs, they form part of the vehicle cost. So I’ll have to forgo either the blue paint or the white interior to qualify for the $3500 EV rebate.

Reactions: MagicalseT
View attachment 826048
I'm also in WA - this is my order and it looks like the total price (inclusive of the delivery fee and order fee) is below the $70K limit so I'll qualify for the rebate. I'm assuming the blue paint is what pushes you above - can you not change to white paint (or black seats) to get yourself under the threshold for the $3.5K?
I can forgo either the blue paint or the white interior and then I’ll qualify.

When did you order at the $59900 car price? AFTER the date the rebate came into effect?

Yep. DoT said that had the delivery fee or order fee been DEALER costs, they would not form part of the contract from their perspective and then I’d qualify. But because they are MANUFACTURER costs, they form part of the vehicle cost. So I’ll have to forgo either the blue paint or the white interior to qualify for the $3500 EV rebate.
Go white, the skin it with whatever colour you want!

It looks like you have changed the color in April, did Tesla say it will impact your EDD ?
Not the person you asked, but didn't for me. Ordered white rwd late Jan, changed colour to red in April, retained base pricing (ie didn't get the price increase added) and have vin and Aug EDD window while April orders don't.
Electronic order confirmation did reflect the April date, but doesn't appear to have affected place in the queue.

Last edited:
The vin check url has stopped working for me, am definitely logged in to my account.

It's working for me - try clearing your cache?
Screenshot_2022-07-08_12-39-34.png