Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came across this forum recently looking for info on whether completing these initial steps made any difference, but I ended up doing it the other dayanyhow. Estimated delivery is 6-9 months when I ordered and that hasn't changed. I just assumed that my order would progress even without completing all of those steps and there would be a point when the vehicle is actually being delivered that I would need to complete it. I hope that didn't put me back in the queue. Oh well, fingers crossed for a shiny blue Xmas present!
M3 RWD blue with black interior OD 17/03 in Brisbane. No VIN yet.
Also, I'm obsessively checking for the VIN even though I know it will be a while away yet 😂

I came across this forum recently looking for info on whether completing these initial steps made any difference, but I ended up doing it the other dayanyhow. Estimated delivery is 6-9 months when I ordered and that hasn't changed. I just assumed that my order would progress even without completing all of those steps and there would be a point when the vehicle is actually being delivered that I would need to complete it. I hope that didn't put me back in the queue. Oh well, fingers crossed for a shiny blue Xmas present!
Also, I'm obsessively checking for the VIN even though I know it will be a while away yet 😂
The obsession wears out in a few months until you know the time has almost come.

The obsession wears out in a few months until you know the time has almost come.
There are phases.

The obsessive checking (part 1)
The purchasing of Tesla accessories (part 1)
The installation of the charger (and some people digging trenches?!)
Purchasing more accessories (part 2)
and finally back to obsessive checking (part 2)

In the more terminal phases you can expect agonizing over shipping waiting off various coasts, paint protection, hourly checks and much more.

Finally you reach the final phase where you go to pick up the car and trigger the horn multiple times from your phone during delivery while smiling.
Then you drive off and forget any of this happened like a young chick emerging from the egg.

There are phases.

In the more terminal phases you can expect agonizing over shipping waiting off various coasts, paint protection, hourly checks and much more.

Finally you reach the final phase where you go to pick up the car and trigger the horn multiple times from your phone during delivery while smiling.
Then you drive off and forget any of this happened like a young chick emerging from the egg.
The obsessive checking (part 1)✅
The purchasing of Tesla accessories (part 1)✅
The installation of the charger (and some people digging trenches?!)✅
and finally back to obsessive checking (part 2)✅

I have yet to purchase more accessories because I have bought way too many during Part 1.

I have yet to purchase more accessories because I have bought way too many during Part 1.
Yes you haven't reached the phase when you realise there are always more accessories:

1657759619294.png
1657759664303.png
1657760005097.png

There are phases.

Excellent summation there young man... I've managed to avoid the accessories (parts 1 & 2) but am currently OD'ing - caused by the OD - my theoretical place in the Q.

Yes you haven't reached the phase when you realise there are always more accessories:

View attachment 828306View attachment 828307View attachment 828309

There are phases.

View attachment 828306View attachment 828307View attachment 828309
I have been trying to hold off getting accessories yet, but that steering wheel 😍😁

• Funny
Reactions: Ormaus

I've been trying to wait but I might treat myself to one accessory for now.

• Funny
Reactions: Ormaus
My optimistic thoughts are aligned to others in here. The Perth orders were assigned early to allow the connecting water based shipping to be arranged. As per previous shipments, the East Coast orders will be assigned between now and port in Brisbane. Look back to the last boat with assignments and they occurred when the ship was moored off the Sunshine Coast. I for one look forward to driving around in our new car come end of August

But those allocations were from stock that was originally sent for demos so not a typical shipment. Were there on-water allocations done previous to that?

Mycle
M3LR Blue/Black OD 15/1/22