Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1658103614280.gif

So much conviction in this statement! I truly hope I’m not replying in two days with a sad face emoji! 😂
Well, it's not that it's impossible, there hasn't been any official announcement of when the line upgrade starts and finishes everything else is just pure speculation based on a piece of leaked Memo.

I would think the chance of Feb/March RWD getting a VIN this round is as slim as an A4 paper. It's okay as it still falls in the initially promised 5-7 months range.

I really hope you are right. Then im confident we should get Feb and some March orders done
I think the hope is very slim.

Think about it. LR makes 14% and Performance makes 4% of the total orders. If monthly delivery is expected to be 2000, LR and P together make about 360 cars. They took almost a week to allocate the December, January and Feb LR/P orders which are about 1000 cars altogether.

RWD for Feb alone is 1640 cars (based on estimates). We have two more days max for these cars to allocate if the upgrade is on the 18th.

Well, it's not that it's impossible, there hasn't been any official announcement of when the line upgrade starts and finishes everything else is just pure speculation based on a piece of leaked Memo.

I would think the chance of Feb/March RWD getting a VIN this round is as slim as an A4 paper. It's okay as it still falls in the initially promised 5-7 months range.
Yeah if I get it in September - October I am totally fine with that

I am so confused. A second ago you were saying we shouldn’t lose hope as there is no official word of a shutdown, and now you’re saying it’s as slim as an A4 piece of paper. Oddly specific btw. Not A3?

Also, I was told 14-20 weeks when I ordered. Not 5-7 months.

I am so confused. A second ago you were saying we shouldn’t lose hope as there is no official word of a shutdown, and now you’re saying it’s as slim as an A4 piece of paper. Oddly specific btw. Not A3?

Also, I was told 14-20 weeks when I ordered. Not 5-7 months.
I am saying we shouldn't lose hope but don't put the hope either. Maybe the best way is just to limit our refresh to once a day? Your OD is very close to the end of Jan so for you the chance of getting a VIN today is still very high.

Realistically it's very likely the upgrade is going to happen. I hope it finishes earlier than 3 weeks though.

estimate delivery date finally got updated last night, was almost too excited to sleep. order date 24/1, estimated delivery date 27/8-05/9 Sydney
Anyone know what the next step is? the vin still don't seem to be there, or do i have to finish paying off the car before i get the vin?
Thanks everyone

Reactions: Ormaus