Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't that contradictory? A big chunk to happen over the next week yet allocations happen as they come off the line and the line is supposedly shut down at the moment..
*speculation warning*
I was thinking about this. And someone probably already has had the same thoughts/discussion but maybe when they shut down production they only close a certain part of the factory for work. Maybe there is cars that are built but need to be tested and QA'd before they actually get the tick of approval and a VIN allocated to a customer. I don't know what the rejection rate would be (presumably low) but if they assigned VIN's as a car popped out the factory door before any testing that might be a bit risky on their behalf. Lots could still happen between then and loading onto a ship, even then that's not a guarantee of safety for the car. That also might explain why many here have said previously that VIN's are assigned once its on board and sailing!

Has anyone got a good website for aftermarket accessories (like the dashboard display) that sites like tessories don't have?
Hansshow is pretty good.
I've bought the following items from them:
- Screen swivel (all directions)
- Carbon Fiber spoiler
- Illuminated door sills

I am very interested in this very simple dashboard display (that doubles as a wireless phone charging mount) as I can use Waze. Model 3/Y Switchback Dash

Apart from Hansshow I've bought a lot of cheaper accessories off Aliexpress, a phone mount from Temai, and a couple things off Amazon

Reactions: j4rryd
Hansshow is pretty good.
- Carbon Fiber spoiler
- Illuminated door sills

I am very interested in this very simple dashboard display (that doubles as a wireless phone charging mount) as I can use Waze. Model 3/Y Switchback Dash

Apart from Hansshow I've bought a lot of cheaper accessories off Aliexpress, a phone mount from Temai, and a couple things off Amazon
Thanks 👌 I'll check them out

Hansshow is pretty good.
- Carbon Fiber spoiler
- Illuminated door sills

Guys I wanted to clarify two NSW Driving Laws

1. Is is illegal to tap the phone screen when driving if the phone is being held up by a phone holder.
2. Is it illegal to touch the screen of tesla while driving?

A recent friend of mine got booked for fiddling on the phone and when he disputed his action he realised that touching any touch screen regardless it is mounted or not is illegal.

I found th is bizzare and disputed. Keen to know if anyone has a view or insight into this?

Guys I wanted to clarify two NSW Driving Laws

1. Is is illegal to tap the phone screen when driving if the phone is being held up by a phone holder.
2. Is it illegal to touch the screen of tesla while driving?

A recent friend of mine got booked for fiddling on the phone and when he disputed his action he realised that touching any touch screen regardless it is mounted or not is illegal.

I found th is bizzare and disputed. Keen to know if anyone has a view or insight into this?

2. Can I touch my phone if it is in a cradle?​

If your phone is secured in a cradle, you can only touch your phone:

• To make or receive a phone call;
  • For audio playing functions; or
  • For using a driver’s aid (such as navigation).
Using a mobile phone legally can still be distracting. Consider the traffic conditions before using your phone.

I think this rule would extend to the Tesla's display

I am through MacQ, and have needed to be refinanced. Had call today, told them I have invoice, but still being pushed to 4.99% ☹️ ... $5k deposit extra gas nullified the higher monthly payments however, so not too bothered... only had the extra $$ due to delay in getting car...

Isn't that contradictory? A big chunk to happen over the next week yet allocations happen as they come off the line and the line is supposedly shut down at the moment..
Well, we don't have the confirmation if the line is currently shut, or if the line is shut how long it would have been shut for. All News/Speculations/hearsays on social media are unverified and somewhat contradictory to each other.

*speculation warning*
I was thinking about this. And someone probably already has had the same thoughts/discussion but maybe when they shut down production they only close a certain part of the factory for work. Maybe there is cars that are built but need to be tested and QA'd before they actually get the tick of approval and a VIN allocated to a customer. I don't know what the rejection rate would be (presumably low) but if they assigned VIN's as a car popped out the factory door before any testing that might be a bit risky on their behalf. Lots could still happen between then and loading onto a ship, even then that's not a guarantee of safety for the car. That also might explain why many here have said previously that VIN's are assigned once its on board and sailing!
Tell you something would confuse you more. In February the Model 3 line was shut down for upgrade and Tesla used the Model y line to make Model 3s.

• Helpful
Reactions: axelfair89
I got quoted last month and my finance company didn’t even mention the upcoming changes. Maybe I should ask again

I originally applied for a loan through peppers and they straight out said you’ll get the rate at the time of settlement, no locking in
We use Simply Green and they were happy to work up a quote for me based on my order documents and on the assumption that FBT exemption goes through. Perhaps a work around for your packaging company is to ask for a quote that doesn't use the ECM method and then you can just minus the FBT liability yourself to see the result. At the end of the day the outcome will be light years ahead of any other option from my perspective - even more so if you leave the cash in the bank.

Reactions: fobo
We use Simply Green and they were happy to work up a quote for me based on my order documents and on the assumption that FBT exemption goes through. Perhaps a work around for your packaging company is to ask for a quote that doesn't use the ECM method and then you can just minus the FBT liability yourself to see the result. At the end of the day the outcome will be light years ahead of any other option from my perspective - even more so if you leave the cash in the bank.

Thanks, to be honest I can’t make much sense of the quote but will see how it looks with the new method

Frantic, busy, manic day at work.
Anyone want to venture a summary of the day's hypothesising?
Are we more and more convinced some of our people's cars are in Clara?
And some have VINs that missed Clara (therefore on V Passama or M Crystal)
And therefore chance of more allocations for those boats before they leave?
IF they are still producing for us...
All random thoughts I had on my NON TESLA drive home 😖

Reactions: axelfair89