Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So…ship watchers… Morning Crystal didn’t anchor nor dock at Shanghai. Is moving to Longkou.
Wasn’t expecting much from it (given M3 line closure) but curious given Armacup schedule.
Only one website (Shipfix) showing that. Interestingly I can't see a live location on any of them so *shrug*

Also Shipfix says it is going to arrive 2 days in the past so maybe take it with a bit of salt.

1658702567869.png

Things could have changed but I'd wait until a live connection to the ship and other ship tracking sites show similar info before putting too much weight on it.

• Informative
Reactions: Julcars
Ok. I gotta ask. What did you spend $25k on??? There might be accessories I’ve missed and NEED!🤣🤣

Advan GT with 265/35/19 PS4S rubber and centre caps
Rays TE 37 with 265/35/19 PS4S rubber and centre caps (couldn’t decide, so got both)
Kics T107 lug nuts
Kics R40 lug nuts
HPWC
Carpro ceramic coating kit
Tesla roof shades
Heatshield shades for all windows
Mountain pass coilovers and adjustable arms

There’s probably other bits I’ve forgotten.

If you add the wall mounted pressure washer with retractable reel, along with tools I purchased to fit the MPP bits it’s well over 30k 🙈

Don’t tell the wife!

I'm a late-February orderer, and had the gen 3 wall connector installed last week. Posted to the Facebook Tesla groups if there were any local car owners who might like to help me test the installation. I wanted to see if it would go to full 32A power delivery, and, you know, work, without blowing up my house or something. Someone kindly popped over this morning with their 18 month old Model 3 RWD - the car was one of the first off the Shanghai production line, apparently.

My take on the wall connector is as follows:
  • Perfect for minimal effort charging - it doesn't require all the faffing around that you'd endure with the universal mobile connector (UMC)
  • I think the wall connector is safer than the UMC, particularly for continued use - the plug is designed to provide a secure connection for high current delivery; on the other hand, plugging and unplugging something to a standard wall plug, like you would every couple of days with the UMC, may cause wear and tear over time
  • I like that I can get a full charge in about 8 hours - although I understand the reasoning some come to that they can live with the slower 10A available from the UMC + standard wall plug
  • You take the plug, press the button near the Tesla's butt hole, and the Tesla opens it up - this required no pre configuration, the guy just drove his Model 3 up and it all "just worked"
  • After it's plugged in, the car locks the plug to the charging port, and the touch screen goes in to charging mode showing the battery info (see photo below)
  • The car took seconds to ramp up to full 32A power delivery
  • To stop charging / unplug, hold the button on the plug for a few seconds and you hear a click, the plug is unlocked and holding the button down you can pull the plug from the charging port
Although it's internet connected, you don't get any information from the wall connector itself. If you browse to the wall connector's IP address on your WIFI network, all you get is a basic screen with the wall connector's serial number.

You can go into "commissioning mode", by turning it off and on with an upstream isolation switch, or by holding the plug button down for a period of time. Commissioning mode lets you:
  • Configure the WIFI
  • Specify whether you want to restrict the connector to specific Tesla cars, all Tesla cars, or all cars
  • Change the maximum power delivery (which your electrician should specify when they install)
  • Update the wall connector's firmware
All-in-all I see the wall connector is designed just to sit there as an appliance ready to charge your car. There's talk about future firmware updates offering new features, but no one know what the features will be. Perhaps monitoring, but who knows?

My understanding is you can tell the car to schedule recharging at different times e.g. if you have peak / off peak tarriffs with your electricity company.

View attachment 832202
can use charge HQ APP with it......

Reactions: Joutsen
TC
Advan GT with 265/35/19 PS4S rubber and centre caps
Rays TE 37 with 265/35/19 PS4S rubber and centre caps (couldn’t decide, so got both)
Kics T107 lug nuts
Kics R40 lug nuts
HPWC
Carpro ceramic coating kit
Tesla roof shades
Heatshield shades for all windows
Mountain pass coilovers and adjustable arms

There’s probably other bits I’ve forgotten.

If you add the wall mounted pressure washer with retractable reel, along with tools I purchased to fit the MPP bits it’s well over 30k 🙈

Don’t tell the wife!
Total spend on accessories so far = $zero.
You are making me feel like a pauper.!

Reactions: choppa
TC

Total spend on accessories so far = $zero.
You are making me feel like a pauper.!
Total you need to spend on your new M3 to enjoy it = zero.

I don’t drink, I don’t gamble, I don’t smoke or take drugs, I’ve worked very hard for a long time to build a business which is now doing ok.

Don’t let my spending on my one guilty pleasure (cars) detract from your pleasure of ownership - enjoy her in good health! We are all very lucky to own one of these, full stop.