Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cannot remember when was the last time when I was this much excited about something 😊

1660701971941-png.841758
Nice, we're you RWD on euphony ace by any chance?

VIN received yesterday 🎉🎉🎉
Order date 07/02
M3 RWD midnight silver
Brisbane
Build date 15/08
EDD : Sep 24 - 30
Congrats!!! Its getting close. I am so confused with Tesla building structure. I understand its on Config its just all over the place. You see some people with the same config but earlier not have a VIN some do. Its weird. But maybe they are still building OZ. Maybe they arent doing there first half international, second half domestic. These are different times. So many more ships then usual.

Come on love to us Standard configs

Think historically larger VIN allocations have happened on Fri, Sat and Sun mornings which sort of lines up with these two ships. Fingers and toes crossed for a big RWD VIN dump this weekend🤞🤞🤞
I'm pretty sure the last major VIN shower happened on a Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday in July. I only remember because it was during my Snow holiday and when I got off the mountain I had something like 14 pages of forum to go through. That was when it started as a flood of vehicles for WA and moved over to the East Coast.

So, this is it. My pick up is tomorrow at 3pm.

When I bought the car in February, I was absolutely thrilled. I was given the EDD of 14-20 weeks and I could not stop watching YouTube videos, reading articles about the car, trying to find anything about how the delivery & pick up process works, etc, etc.
I then came across this forum in April and decided to sign up instantly. I hadn't talked on this for some time until I had a question and this community was so nice to answer it so quickly and easily and I just felt so comfortable.

The wait ended up being way longer than 14-20 weeks, however, my life has completely changed after joining this forum back in April. I actually don't know what I would've done for the 6 or so months of waiting without the existence of this forum.

I've learnt so many things, such as stalking ship arrival times on armacup, how to figure out whether you got your VIN assigned in the source code, checking your VIN on the RAV to see whether the car has been registered, etc.

The ones who are ordering now or have ordered recently, enjoy the ride. Enjoy the community that this forum brings and enjoy the wait for one of the most exciting cars in the market. I've heard some people say that once you receive that car, you forget about the wait, which I can already agree with because I haven't been able to sleep properly knowing that I am going to be a soon-to-be tesla owner.

I love you guys. Thank you for the memories. Thank you @Ormaus for your VIN allocation tables and everyone for putting in the work and helping each other out. TMC on top. Tesla on top.

See you guys on the road.

Love,
Centrals
Hey Centrals. I’m picking up at 3pm tomorrow too. At Chatswood. Completely agree with you about the forum. It’s been unbelievably useful ( and comforting !)

Pickup Report:
Just as I arrived at the warehouse, I received a call from Tesla saying that "there was a problem with Qld Transport" and they hadn't been able to complete the registration yet and that there would be "a delay".

I wasn't too impressed, having just driven for an hour to get there, only to be told that I couldn't have the car. Luckily though, they said they were onto the problem and the wait shouldn't be any more than an hour.

There weren't too many cars waiting for pickup (at least, not compared to the photos I've seen of Sydney and Melbourne.
1660704498728.png

There were probably about another 5 cars, out of shot to the left, ready for pickup and maybe another 5-10 being readied for pickup at the other end of the warehouse). Majority were LRs, with a handful of P's and even a couple of Y's right down in the back corner.

While I waited, I was allowed to sit in the car and start messing with stuff... so I did. Build quality appears to be 10/10, nothing that I could fault.

Anyway, sat in the car and got everything set up and then eventually ran out of stuff to do, so I fired up Netflix on the screen and started watching the original Top Gun movie :)

Finally, after about 45 minutes a bloke came over with the number plates and attached them for me and I was free to go.

Initial impressions:
  • Red is a sexy colour (exhibit 'b' below)
  • The sound system is great
  • Driving was way quieter than I remembered from my test drive (road noise)
  • The basic autopilot features had finished calibrating by the time I completed the ~15km drive home
  • I'm going to get *so* many speeding tickets - doesn't matter what speed you're going, as soon as you even think about pressing the accelerator, you're suddenly doing 10km/h over the speed limit.
  • No sign of @Ormaus - probably a good thing, as I'd forgotten the water and snacks.
1660704951413.png

Thanks for putting up with me in the waiting room, and may VINs rain down upon you soon!

I imagine that’s because the technology doesn’t exist yet, you can be optimistic but I’m not
Cruise Control has been around for a while, Advanced cruise control, lane keeping, blind spot monitoring and similar tech have all been available for some time in many luxury and semi luxury brands. Tesla also isn't the first to introduce automated driving, they are however moving faster and with a rapidly growing and larger user base than any car, people moving or transport company at present.

Where there's a will there's a way - Which is probably why we're seeing a shift with Tesla using the term "enhanced Auto Pilot" again. It smashes all those 'known' and accepted technologies already in the market place together in a neat package.

To say our legislation will 'axe' any of it from happening - Unlikely.
To say we'll never see it in our lifetime - Unlikely.
To say that a specific government will axe it or NEVER allow it..- Also unlikely, Public opinion is incredibly powerful. Look at Germanys recent court proceedings against FSD/EAP.

Pickup Report:
Just as I arrived at the warehouse, I received a call from Tesla saying that "there was a problem with Qld Transport" and they hadn't been able to complete the registration yet and that there would be "a delay".

I wasn't too impressed, having just driven for an hour to get there, only to be told that I couldn't have the car. Luckily though, they said they were onto the problem and the wait shouldn't be any more than an hour.

There weren't too many cars waiting for pickup (at least, not compared to the photos I've seen of Sydney and Melbourne.
View attachment 841776
There were probably about another 5 cars, out of shot to the left, ready for pickup and maybe another 5-10 being readied for pickup at the other end of the warehouse). Majority were LRs, with a handful of P's and even a couple of Y's right down in the back corner.

While I waited, I was allowed to sit in the car and start messing with stuff... so I did. Build quality appears to be 10/10, nothing that I could fault.

Anyway, sat in the car and got everything set up and then eventually ran out of stuff to do, so I fired up Netflix on the screen and started watching the original Top Gun movie :)

Finally, after about 45 minutes a bloke came over with the number plates and attached them for me and I was free to go.

Initial impressions:
  • Red is a sexy colour (exhibit 'b' below)
  • The sound system is great
  • Driving was way quieter than I remembered from my test drive (road noise)
  • The basic autopilot features had finished calibrating by the time I completed the ~15km drive home
  • I'm going to get *so* many speeding tickets - doesn't matter what speed you're going, as soon as you even think about pressing the accelerator, you're suddenly doing 10km/h over the speed limit.
  • No sign of @Ormaus - probably a good thing, as I'd forgotten the water and snacks.
View attachment 841783

Thanks for putting up with me in the waiting room, and may VINs rain down upon you soon!
OOOOOOOH SEXY RED - We are all jealous and wish you the best