Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was hoping for the delivery date message today too.

Datapoints!
Last year when I ordered the Model 3, it was assigned four days later and delivery SMS came same day, scheduled five days after that.
At the time of order it wasn't listed as inventory stock, so I assume I was assigned a cancelled order.

I ordered the Model 3 on the 19th August, same day the car arrived on Crystal Ace (didn't know this at the time). Vehicle assigned on 23rd August and the delivery scheduled for the 28th. Leasing company dragged their feet getting the paperwork done so delivery date pushed right to the 1st September.

I have a good feeling about tomorrow 😉
FYI When I got a message "My Model 3 has arrived in Australia" on the 31/05/2024, and received the message "Your model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery" on the 06/06/2024, but the earliest available date for pick up was on the 17/06/2024. So I picked up my model 3 on the 17/06/2024 at 11am. This timeframe maybe give you an idea when you are getting the updates.

FYI When I got a message "My Model 3 has arrived in Australia" on the 31/05/2024, and received the message "Your model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery" on the 06/06/2024, but the earliest available date for pick up was on the 17/06/2024. So I picked up my model 3 on the 17/06/2024 at 11am. This timeframe maybe give you an idea when you are getting the updates.
Your issue was three ships backlogged - Morning Crystal was two weeks late, Torrens and and another ship whose name escapes me turned up really close together just after.

It *shouldnt* be that slow ordinarily - like now when there’s no other shipment.

Reactions: V3nom and MaB-WA
i spoke to a guy from Koba car insurance who (I think) said that they weren't going to send out any delivery appointments the first week of the financial year. It wasn't super clear - and I didn't ask for clarification. Seemed weird, as I thought Elon would fire them for not moving vehicles, also given the EDD.

i spoke to a guy from Koba car insurance who (I think) said that they weren't going to send out any delivery appointments the first week of the financial year. It wasn't super clear - and I didn't ask for clarification. Seemed weird, as I thought Elon would fire them for not moving vehicles, also given the EDD.
That doesn’t track, Melbourne’s Turnadot delivery docked and unloaded the exact same times as ours - their first pickups are Friday, texts went out Monday.

Reactions: Jules22
Dates changed in the app this morning
IMG_0479.jpeg

Reactions: AkaJoonbuggy
I’m really not toooooo concerned,we know they’re here - I’d expect it to be right at the front of the new window. Friday the 12th sounds nice ;)

What I mean by that is I don’t expect it’ll actually be any later than the initial EDDs range, just won’t be at the front end as we’d initially hoped.

Last edited:
Reactions: V3nom
Delivery options now show the new O’Connor location when looking at inventory stock.
View attachment 1061761
Interesting, I have an inventory model on the way since 25th June and my EDD has disappeared this morning (was for late July/early August). I wonder if this is why.

New here, hello world! Placed an order for a white/black RWD on 12th June but switched to an inventory model as it was promised a lot earlier (which doesn't seem to be the case now ... 🥲). Was also asked for registration details again despite already providing them

Reactions: Jules22
Interesting, I have an inventory model on the way since 25th June and my EDD has disappeared this morning (was for late July/early August). I wonder if this is why.

New here, hello world! Placed an order for a white/black RWD on 12th June but switched to an inventory model as it was promised a lot earlier (which doesn't seem to be the case now ... 🥲). Was also asked for registration details again despite already providing them
12th June may not have netted you your car depending on allocations - what did you switch it to? A HW3?

All inventory means is unassigned from the most recent shipment. There are no guarantees beyond that.

The next ship after this one won’t he here until August.