Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you going for this and what are you getting done?
Clean Getaway Car Detailing (Warana ?) - they have a youtube channel and the guy (Joe) seems very genuine and down to earth.

Booked in for a couple of weeks away.

Tinting: Rayno S9 to all side windows and the rear window + the sunroof.
PPF: SunTek PPF Ultra film to front, sides, back quarter, fuel cap, middle pillar, rear tail gate and luggage strip and A pillar.
then Graphene Coating over whole car including the glass and PPF.

Reactions: kpdog
Absolute Gold !!!!

Even the kid has jumped ship.
Dad's pride and joy just got spanked !!!!!
Time to move on, take a picture of it, frame it, and put it in the pool room. Then go out and buy yourself a Tesla.

Do tell us more stories as they come to hand, it is helping me (and others I think) tolerate the wait.
Lmao when I'm an old person I can't wait to return to such childlike excitement over a car.

I had locked in to pick my M3 this Monday from the Brisbane delivery centre but got a call today saying the truck was delayed and it had to be rearranged till later in the week.

Im not worried about the extra wait (been waiting since Jan anyway) but I had PPF, tint, ceramic booked in for Tuesday morning which now won't happen and have to try and rebook.

They said there were about 20 people effected by the delay. I was just wondering if anyone in the forum had the same call?
With everything that's gone on the last 8 months I'm just a bit sceptical.

Thanks

Mate tbh it was quite funny, I myself used to have BMW M3 V8 and the LR would destroy it.

He was spewing, didn't even look at me, his son looked over from the passenger seat with a big grin on his face and a thumbs up 🤣

The best part? Not even having to worry about "driving in" in the motor, I picked up the car yesterday 😃

I'll be honest, the car is truly worth the wait
I'll be in CBR in a couple of weeks with the new blue M3LR [ delievery due early next week], and family are keen to experience. any recommendations where its "safe {enough}" to demo the thrills you speak of??

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueMagnolia
So WuWa's latest video shows heaps of RHD vehicles in the Giga lot, but no indication of their destination, other than a mention that Glovis is berthed up to head to Europe. We may be relegated to joining the next round of deliveries, so those of us with an "Aug-Nov" estimate may be lucky to hit the backend of that. This would put some people on this forum at around 10 or 11 months since order, from an initial "estimate" of what - 8 weeks?
View attachment 842919
I used to hang out for those videos, and search all the dock sites, and inspect the carparks.
But now all irrleevant . ... deliever early next week.

It just blows me away how genuinely quick it is, it doesn't make sense to my primate brain as there's no soundtrack of a powerful engine doing the work

...and clearly old mates either haha
About 30 years ago i had a vaguely similar experience in Mazda RX4 rotary. Not silent, but quiet enough that my mate called a sewing machine.
Up against a power brute of unrecalled origin, and matched him, even after allowing him a head start. Despite the city roads - its was fun!!

I looked at that too and kind of thought it was a bit un-Tesla like. Seemed like a good idea, yet just shouldnt be necessary. I think it was about $600 or so, cannot recall if that was USD or AUD.

So happy to hear you think the main screen will suffice. 1 more accessory ticked off the list.
I still like the look of the extra screen but only with the yoke steering wheel.
Am I the only one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220820-200301_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820-200301_Google.jpg
    910.2 KB · Views: 75
I still like the look of the extra screen but only with the yoke steering wheel.
I think it looks fine with the standard wheel too, the screen's not too detracting from the stock aesthetic. Only thing holding me back right now though is needing to run cables through the firewall out to the 12V battery for Ryzen based cars, making it annoying to install/uninstall and possibly more troublesome for the car's warranty.