Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feels like the next logical step for Tesla, is to arrange a pickup in the local Maccas carpark :).

I guess a local shopping centre is more convenient to driving to an industrial area somewhere and visiting a warehouse.
As you noted earlier, yep, nailed it.
A shopping centre carpark has many benefits, but the cul-de-sac at his HJs had little to offer except for identifiable location.
I would have liked the home delivery we were promised, but transporter driver was unsure about location, and ability to maneuver his semi.
An alternative suggested was to wait [yep, wait again] unload in city, and bring the car to us another day.
I guess that means that we agreed to meet at HJ's, and really have nothing to complain about save for the thick layer of dust and dirt the car had collecte dafter leaving the Tesla distribution centre.

Maybe tomorrow, a day off work, will allow a carwash and sparkling new vehicle.

Anyone got any recommendations where to buy the Black Tesla Logos, want to swap out the stock silver when I finally get my M3
I got mine off Amazon, only $10 or so I recall and come with 3M adhesive to the back. Rather fitting for an M3. Like you though, I'm still waiting for my car so haven't been able to actually fit them. They look good sitting on my shelf though

I'm in the feb-may 2023 window but I ordered in late June (June 25th). I was hoping that my order wouldn't be moved up as I don't want the car until next March or later. Would I be able to delay it if they move it up or will I lose my spot and have to start from the back of the queue?
In in a similar boat to yours. My EDD is same as yours and I will be not be able to accept the car at least until late January or start of my EDD if they decide to bring the date forward. Though looking at the way the queue currently is, I doubt they will be able to bring it forward much anyways unless they suddenly manage to ramp up the Berlin factory for EU deliveries and that frees up capacity from Shanghai.

I would also be interested to know how the queue system works if you cannot accept the delivery when they first offer it. Will you just be swapping the spot with the next person who does not have VIN or will you be pushed further down the queue or back to the end? Of how much can you just push back the pickup time if you want to keep that specific car? I understand they don't want to push it to next quarter, but inside the same quarter it will not affect their reporting?

Reactions: 121Gwatts
In in a similar boat to yours. My EDD is same as yours and I will be not be able to accept the car at least until late January or start of my EDD if they decide to bring the date forward. Though looking at the way the queue currently is, I doubt they will be able to bring it forward much anyways unless they suddenly manage to ramp up the Berlin factory for EU deliveries and that frees up capacity from Shanghai.

I would also be interested to know how the queue system works if you cannot accept the delivery when they first offer it. Will you just be swapping the spot with the next person who does not have VIN or will you be pushed further down the queue or back to the end? Of how much can you just push back the pickup time if you want to keep that specific car? I understand they don't want to push it to next quarter, but inside the same quarter it will not affect their reporting?
How do we find out an answer to this? I find my sales rep absolutely useless as I have messaged him twice over the last 3 months and he never replied.

I'm in the feb-may 2023 window but I ordered in late June (June 25th). I was hoping that my order wouldn't be moved up as I don't want the car until next March or later. Would I be able to delay it if they move it up or will I lose my spot and have to start from the back of the queue?
I'm in the same window and ordered mid June if you get it early I'll take it. :p my order was blue RWD though .... Maybe the same???

Reactions: 121Gwatts

Not sure how credible this is, or how to feel about it if it happens. Most changes often start with the shanghai plant, so it could be possible the next rwd batch will have this wheel.
They seem to bring these changes out at the start of a "Year" fairly close but not exactly on a calendar year. Like the updated interior and ryzen chip in the MCU were bundled up as part of a model update. I think it makes the paperwork easier to get a bunch of things approved at once. So I guess I'd expect this to start being delivered early next year... But It's a guess more than anything

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 4.22.02 pm.png

Must be gettin' close now. Only thing left for them to do seems to be to register the car and give it to me. Seven months to the day since ordering with a May EDD. I can almost taste it.

They seem to bring these changes out at the start of a "Year" fairly close but not exactly on a calendar year. Like the updated interior and ryzen chip in the MCU were bundled up as part of a model update. I think it makes the paperwork easier to get a bunch of things approved at once. So I guess I'd expect this to start being delivered early next year... But It's a guess more than anything
I have been wondering if they will announce the FSD hardware 4 during the AI day and start getting the higher res cameras and new drive computer for next year models also maybe. They hinted at the hardware 4 and higher res cameras last year AI day, so would make sense if that would start getting close to deployment.

I have been wondering if they will announce the FSD hardware 4 during the AI day and start getting the higher res cameras and new drive computer for next year models also maybe. They hinted at the hardware 4 and higher res cameras last year AI day, so would make sense if that would start getting close to deployment.
Just my 2 cents but I and most Aussies should not bother with FSD and ignore it entirely until maybe half a decade later. By then it will be HW7 or something. EAP maybe if you want auto lane change, but you're better off spending for acceleration boosts or a vinyl wrap. The cameras are fine for basic AP.

Reactions: kpdog