Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD got changed today from 8th Sept - 22nd Sept to 9th Sept - 15th Sept

Yet still no invoice on my account or confirmed delivery date? I was assigned a VIN 28th Aug.

Anyone else get their EDD updated again today?
For me after it changed to 9-16 Sep, a day or two later I got the schedule delivery sms, confirmed my date, then had the SA contact me a little after I confirmed my date (within an hr or so). Vin popped up in the app soon after the call, and took roughly 3-4days and some emails/calls back and forth with the SA before I finally got my invoice today. I'd say you should be expecting a call soon 🤞.

• Informative
Reactions: Missimpatient
Sorry everyone, hit the wrong button😂
but my account page has changed yet again...could it be that there will be another shipment before October after all....
wondering if other March Orders have had a change in account page as well?
Possibly looking at two different websites. The US vs the AU site has different wording in that little bit of text believe. Don't want to crush hope but I and many many many others in this thread (hundreds of pages ago) had the same thing happen when looking at the US/AU site.

Possibly looking at two different websites. The US vs the AU site has different wording in that little bit of text believe. Don't want to crush hope but I and many many many others in this thread (hundreds of pages ago) had the same thing happen when looking at the US/AU site.
The wording has actually changed, not the usual AU/US difference. I’m attaching exactly no significance to it though, waaaay past that stuff being a salty Februarian and member of the vanilla revolution.

I did notice that the wording on my account page changed a few days ago but didn't take any notice of it. 11/3 order date.

"Once a VIN Has been assigned, your Final Invoice will be available in your Tesla account."

I swear it didn't say that a week ago. Do others with later order dates say something different?

For me after it changed to 9-16 Sep, a day or two later I got the schedule delivery sms, confirmed my date, then had the SA contact me a little after I confirmed my date (within an hr or so). Vin popped up in the app soon after the call, and took roughly 3-4days and some emails/calls back and forth with the SA before I finally got my invoice today. I'd say you should be expecting a call soon 🤞.
Did you have to keep reminding your SA that you needed the invoice still? I feel like that shouldn't be something you need to remind Tesla to do.. but then again this community has told some horror stories haha

For anyone reasonably new:

Log in to your tesla account and then in a separate tab open the api link: https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders
I found that the easiest way to check whether I had a VIN or not.

If you use chrome there is an extension called JSON formatter that makes the text string look a bit prettier and easier to read. But you'll be able to spot your VIN easy enough.

If you get a TOKEN error its because you haven't logged into your tesla account recently enough.

edit: also, when you visit that api link you'll see a url after "imageUrl". Go to that for a nice high quality image of your future Tesla :)

I did notice that the wording on my account page changed a few days ago but didn't take any notice of it. 11/3 order date.

"Once a VIN Has been assigned, your Final Invoice will be available in your Tesla account."

I swear it didn't say that a week ago. Do others with later order dates say something different?
Just checked. Same for me, order date 29/4. Seems far too early for it to be any movement on my order. Is this not just a general wording change across the board?

Me too. And EDD still 6-9 months. There was a lot of talk here a about VINs, so I wonder if they made the change based on a lot of enquiries they may have received about VINs?
I would agree with that. Mine changed too and my order date is April 15th so it would be some kind of miracle if that were the case....plus, aside from personal joy, I'd also feel pretty terrible that quite a few of you had missed out, ordering months earlier than I.

Just checked. Same for me, order date 29/4. Seems far too early for it to be any movement on my order. Is this not just a general wording change across the board?
It’s very much that, the previous wording was something like “we are preparing your final invoice”. Surely didn’t make sense to put that up given the current wait times. About time they changed it.

Yeah agreed! I think a T2 to T2 cable is a reasonable investment, especially when you’re straying into more regional areas.
Excuse my ignorance but what is a T2 to T2 cable?
EDD got changed today from 8th Sept - 22nd Sept to 9th Sept - 15th Sept

Yet still no invoice on my account or confirmed delivery date? I was assigned a VIN 28th Aug.

Anyone else get their EDD updated again today?
yes mine is the same as yours. No invoice and no delivery date.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a T2 to T2 cable?

yes mine is the same as yours. No invoice and no delivery date.
Sorry I was being lazy. Type 2 to Type 2 cable, like this:

For chargers like this, without fixed cables.
1662807699627.jpeg

Did you have to keep reminding your SA that you needed the invoice still? I feel like that shouldn't be something you need to remind Tesla to do.. but then again this community has told some horror stories haha
I wouldn't say I had to keep reminding, but rather i just had to put it nicely that I need the invoice done sooner rather than later, as I still have to finalise finance paperwork and my delivery is literally a week away. They had to reconfirm my trade-in details before they could generate an invoice and once we got that sorted over the phone, they generated the invoice overnight. Why I had to chase them up for the invoice to start the trade-in update process and not get it started themselves, I don't know 🤔.

That being said, my SA has been really great through email/phone correspondence, just took a few phone calls to get through, but they are extremely busy so i dont hold it against them. After 7 months of waiting, if I have to nag them to get things started then I will 😅, i don't want to leave things till last minute and somehow get delayed, especially when I've taken time off work to pickup the car and appointments organised around the delivery day.

Reactions: StewBurgah
I wouldn't say I had to keep reminding, but rather i just had to put it nicely that I need the invoice done sooner rather than later, as I still have to finalise finance paperwork and my delivery is literally a week away. They had to reconfirm my trade-in details before they could generate an invoice and once we got that sorted over the phone, they generated the invoice overnight. Why I had to chase them up for the invoice to start the trade-in update process and not get it started themselves, I don't know 🤔.

That being said, my SA has been really great through email/phone correspondence, just took a few phone calls to get through, but they are extremely busy so i dont hold it against them. After 7 months of waiting, if I have to nag them to get things started then I will 😅, i don't want to leave things till last minute and somehow get delayed, especially when I've taken time off work to pickup the car and appointments organised around the delivery day.
thanks for that information. Did they honor your original trade in value or did they change it on you? That's something I've been a bit nervous about as well as it affects how my whole loan is structured.

thanks for that information. Did they honor your original trade in value or did they change it on you? That's something I've been a bit nervous about as well as it affects how my whole loan is structured.
No worries at all, glad I can help you and potentially others 🙂. They did my trade-in valuation in Feb/Mar, now in Sep they dropped it by $500, due to extra kms and car being 7 months older.

Reactions: StewBurgah