Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*sugar*. Work issue prevented me from attending the 'virtual education' session today 😟. Anyone here attended this 'education'? Was it important? Anyone able to give a quick rundown on what I may have missed?
Thanks in advance.
If they haven't changed anything, was no more than you could get from the videos that are floating around, only bonus was if you had questions, somebody would actually answer them..
So probably didn't miss outon anything important😉

Reactions: TDogRJ
Just arrived a little early at Chatswood, they only open at 10am. Having a look around there are ALOT of cars here, and funnily enough a truck just arrived with what I could count like 6-7, all varying colors, specs. The only one on the truck I saw closely was a white/black Performance, to whoever might have that. There were a few reds/blues also.

Reactions: PcS000
Wait! Is Shanghai in sort of/maybe/partial lockdown? Sort of hoping for a few months delay on my order so I can have it registered in 2023 and be eligible for the government subsidies.
Have to say I am in the same boat. Ordered in February and still have “Aug - Nov 2022” as estimated delivery. I want to fund it with a Novated Lease with an FBT exemption for EVs, and want clarity on it before the car arrives – so the later it arrives the better at this stage. We might have an answer soon though, with the legislation possibly passed by the Senate when it sits Sep 26-28.

I have paid a deposit via bank transfer and it shows in my Tesla account as received. However the invoice in my account is still old and shows deposit outstanding. Apparently the invoice gets updated when payments are made - anyone know how long it takes for payments in your account to translate to an updated invoice?

I have paid a deposit via bank transfer and it shows in my Tesla account as received. However the invoice in my account is still old and shows deposit outstanding. Apparently the invoice gets updated when payments are made - anyone know how long it takes for payments in your account to translate to an updated invoice?
I have found that the invoice that is showing on your account doesn’t update unless requested. It is done on the backend. Mine didn’t change untill I went in an asked because I needed an updated one for finance.

Bit of poetry in motion... solar charging car and battery View attachment 852295

Captain's log: Day 223.
We stopped pressing F5 after going through 4 keyboards, but the crew is now growing restless. Seeing an increasing number of Teslas on the road is not helping!
I am a month after you and also getting annoyed waiting! We sold our second car as our friends ordered a Y after us and got it a few weeks ago :-(. I wish I had have ordered a LR now as my sister just got her VIN and ordered a few weeks after us... *sigh*
We also ordered a silver as we were told the colours tend to come around faster... lol. Now Elon is making the silver free! Cant win at this rate... :) Still very excited about the imminent text (keep the faith!!)

Delivery done, hang it there those still waiting, it is worth it. I know everyone says it, but it is something else, it's remarkable. For me, I've decided to get PPF and Ceramic Coating done, so have to wait 1 more week 😥 so only got a tease today.

Quite a few deliveries were made in the morning, mine took slightly longer due to finalising trade-in.

*HANDY TIP* for those trade-ing, make sure to bring your servicing history, for me I didn't have a servicing book, but managed to get in touch over the phone with my local servicing centre I went to and got some receipts sent to my email. If I couldn't provide, they would've dropped the trade-in offer another $500-$1000. They were great and happy to wait for me to source the receipts.

Otherwise the entire process took probably 10mins at most. They guide you through the basics, but let's be honest, we all have watched the vids multiple times 😅.

Last edited:
Delivery done, hang it there those still waiting, it is worth it. I know everyone says it, but it is something else, it's remarkable. For me, I've decided to get PPF and Ceramic Coating done, so have to wait 1 more week 😥 so only got a tease today.

Quite a few deliveries were made in the morning, mine took slightly longer due to finalising trade-in.

*HANDY TIP* for those trade-ing, make sure to bring your servicing history, for me I didn't have a servicing book, but managed to get in touch over the phone with my local servicing centre I went to and got some receipts sent to my email. If I couldn't provide, they would've dropped the trade-in offer another $500-$1000. They were great and happy to wait for me to source the receipts.

Otherwise the entire process took probably 10mins at most. They guide you through the basics, but let's be honest, we all have watched the vids multiple times 😅.
How thoroughly did they go over your trade in? I had a dealer come look at mine last week and literally inspected every square inch of the car from top to bottom

AsiaNZSchedule_1.jpg

Reactions: scoturner
*sugar*. Work issue prevented me from attending the 'virtual education' session today 😟. Anyone here attended this 'education'? Was it important? Anyone able to give a quick rundown on what I may have missed?
Thanks in advance.
I attended one a couple of weeks ago. Look, it's nothing you probably wouldn't know if you haven't trawled posts on here or in general on the internet, or reading some of the online owner's manuals on the Tesla website.

I found it pretty dry, but obviously there is the chance to ask specific questions about anything you are unsure about.

I reckon you'll work it out. Oh and make sure you download the Tesla app before delivery day.

How thoroughly did they go over your trade in? I had a dealer come look at mine last week and literally inspected every square inch of the car from top to bottom
They literally grabbed the keys off me, drove it into their carpark, probly a 5m drive from where I parked it on the street side and that was it. In my particular case I feel they were more interested in servicing paperwork than the actual car 🤣

Reactions: Namrof