Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few people have reported here recently that their SA has indicated we should be seeing progress this month. This is a change from previous reports of nothing.
Either it's a new standard response from Tesla or there is some truth to it.
I'm leaning towards it having some truth, mainly to keep optimistic but other things I've seen here (e.g. post from Veda Prime) supports the theory.
My SA is convinced we'll get our VINs this month. Not holding my breath but I can hope right? I mean I woke up early this morning and checked my phone and saw a VIN - THEN I really woke up and reality hit - it was a dream.

Model 3 RWD White / Black & White
OD 19.02.2022
EDD Aug-Nov 2022

A few people have reported here recently that their SA has indicated we should be seeing progress this month. This is a change from previous reports of nothing.
Either it's a new standard response from Tesla or there is some truth to it.
I'm leaning towards it having some truth, mainly to keep optimistic but other things I've seen here (e.g. post from Veda Prime) supports the theory.
They are guessing based on the fact that VINs are allocated every quarter and its 3 months since the last lot, but given VIN's are allocated every quarter theres no reason to think that guessing isnt accurate

Reactions: Snoopy1
They are guessing based on the fact that VINs are allocated every quarter and its 3 months since the last lot, but given VIN's are allocated every quarter theres no reason to think that guessing isnt accurate
Have they confirmed this, or are you guessing that they are guessing?
I'm guessing that you're guessing that they're guessing 😂

My hope is that it’s soon. Tesla has updated EDD for MYP to push them out later next year. Current delivery dates for MYP if you order online is also updated to April-June 2023. All other models (3 RWD/LR/P and YRWD) are still showing Feb - May 2023.

So gives me hope, they have enough info to push out one model, they’d do for all if required, if that makes sense. That’s my logic. The Tesla Jedi-mind-trick logic they’ve got me doing. Thinking way to much about their cars. 😂😩
I am so sorry to break your optimism. As a future owner of both vehicles, MYP has "ORDER_PLACED" status VS M3 has "BOOKED" status. You may see it as another Model X or S 2022 that is an undelivered model to our market. The EDD only showed up a week before the postponement therefore I even suspect the EDD showed up to send the message about the postponement.

M3 RWD is a completely different story. EDD was there from Day 1, the pre-delivery tasks were done on Day 1 etc.

But I still think the overdue M3 RWDs will be delivered this quarter.

Reactions: j4rryd
My SA is convinced we'll get our VINs this month. Not holding my breath but I can hope right? I mean I woke up early this morning and checked my phone and saw a VIN - THEN I really woke up and reality hit - it was a dream.

Model 3 RWD White / Black & White
OD 19.02.2022
EDD Aug-Nov 2022
I had that dream 5 months ago.

Right, I spoke to the pleasant guys at Tesla Fortitude Valley, totally top guys BTW. But no luck, they did say I could get my Vin in Oct or early next month....maybe,

DOES ANYONE have a VIN for an order from MAY?? Any insight from the Tesla Community would be great!

Cheers
I’m a May order and no luck so far. My estimated delivery date is February - May so I don’t think we will be receiving a vin anytime soon unless someone cancels an order. I’m just here curious about the process of getting the car and what to expect. Unfortunately it looks like we will be waiting with nothing happening for a while

Best feature I've found is the Ignore feature, hides them completely besides I see responses like this one but it hides the content you are responding to with the option to reveal it.

On the mobile view these were the steps:
1. Click on the users name
2. Click the "More options" drop down
3. Select Ignore (it switches to saying Unignore once it's active)

You're welcome ;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221013-171805.png
    Screenshot_20221013-171805.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 67
Best feature I've found is the Ignore feature, hides them completely besides I see responses like this one but it hides the content you are responding to with the option to reveal it.

You're welcome ;-)
Excellent tip!

Reactions: danwale

You're welcome ;-)
Done… (and ignored) it’s hard enough waiting without that distraction. Thanks.

I've been pretty active in reading this forum and the latest VIN's that I've seen are as follows:

LR/P - 1st April
RWD - 10th February (second hand report from facebook), 5-7th posted here on this forum.

This is the AU/NZ tracker where people can enter their VIN when they receive it:
Where can we get the update file? This is handy to know where people have received the VIN and order?

Where can we update our details for this spreadsheet?

You're welcome ;-)
That’s soo much better. Can’t stand that troll.

Reactions: danwale
I’m a May order and no luck so far. My estimated delivery date is February - May

I ordered in Early September, and my estimated delivery date is February - May too!... But I can't honestly believe it to be true based on everyone elses EDD experiences.... but who knows.... Maybe a flood of cancellations due to expired finance might bump me further up the queue... 🤔

Interestingly an SA called me few days ago to ask what my finance position was and could I complete a purchase if given a car sooner than Feb - May.... I tried not to be excited or read into it lol probs just the SAs trying to keep people firm on their orders by any means possible.

Last edited: