Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to see people are being given VINs/EDDs.

For those going through Macquarie for finance my current pre-approval (from April 2022) expires on the 19th of October and they've just advised me of the following changes;

• Fixed rate option - 2.99% to 6.19% (today)
  • Variable option (new) - New variable rate option @ 5.94% (today)
  • Establishment Fee - $0 to $990 establishment fee (not happy)
  • Annual fee - $0 to $83
  • Pre-approval period - 180days down to 90 days
  • Edit: Forgot to add - There is a break early fee ("unknown") if you want to payout the loan early or need to end it early.
Definitely annoyed about the fees coming into play now, was advised the original offer with Tesla vehicles was no fees and the lower rate, seems Macquarie are now wanting to make more off the loans.

While I don't like my chances, hopefully an invoice before the 19th.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Dilepa and Draco

For those going through Macquarie for finance my current pre-approval expires on the 19th and they've just advised the following changes;

• Annual fee - $0 to $83
Definitely annoyed about the fees coming into play now, was advised the original offer with Tesla vehicles was no fees and the lower rate, seems Macquarie are now wanting to make more off the loans.

Do these changes take effect only after your pre approval expires?

Reactions: NathanWilliams
Sounding more and more like Morning Crystal has Teslas on it, which gives me some hope that maybe November could happen after all

Morning Crystal goes Brisbane, Port Kembla then onto Melbourne so if the VIN allocations continue to follow that then for us in Perth the vessel Tugela hits Melbourne on the 5th November so we would be the last to be allocated VIN's and then into Freo on the 15th

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JoK77 and j4rryd
Quick question guys - ordered my M3 RWD back in mid-March, Tesla app still shows 6-9 months for delivery, no VIN assigned (obviously).
My plan is to finance part of the total cost, but I haven't even started to approach a bank yet. Was told by the SA back in March that ideally it would be better to wait for a VIN assignment to kick-off a loan application, as it usually expires in a few weeks and the car could be pending delivery still.

What's the best way to move forward in this case, for those who've been through this step? Since I'm expecting a VIN at any time now, better to start thinking about it sooner than later I reckon.

For those going through Macquarie for finance my current pre-approval expires on the 19th and they've just advised the following changes;

• Annual fee - $0 to $83

Check out Plenti. No fees at all. My experience with Macquarie in the past is also terrible early payout fees.

Yeah, so my original pre-approval was from ODD back in April and expires on the 19th, so I have to reapply.

So if anyone was going to apply for a Tesla load via Macquarie today, what I've quoted would be likely.
Yes - I concur. Mine expired last week and my Macquarie guy quoted me the same figures. Quite a big change, I'll do some shopping around now. Macquarie were probably hoping like anything that the deliveries would be delayed so they didn't have to honour those old rates!!