Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This makes the Tesla unappealing, I'm seriously contemplating just buying a second hand ICE at the current rates and cutting my losses with waiting this long.
This is exactly what I'm thinking.

I budgeted this car at the lower $6xk price (I can't remember what it was in Jan/Feb). By the time I had convinced myself it was a good idea, the price had gone up. Interest rate remained low so I didn't mind as much.

Now, any other year in the last 5+ the wait wouldn't have been an issue at all, however this year every month rates have risen. The fact I'm paying more money for the car + higher and higher interest rates push this to a cost I'm not comfortable with.

If I get an invoice before the 4th on January I'll keep my order, as I'm locked in for 4.99%, however if I have to re-apply with what ever rate January has for us I'll likely cancel.

Re-evaluating your decision to buy the model 3 is by design. The cheap price people locked in at the start of the year is very low - you cant even get anywhere near that price in america when you make a proper apple for apple comparison (remove all tax/driveaway/ rebates).

I was very happy to wait as long as possible due to having locked in such a low price, and as others have discussed already, there really isnt great EV avaliability otherwise.

This is exactly what I'm thinking.

I budgeted this car at the lower $6xk price (I can't remember what it was in Jan/Feb). By the time I had convinced myself it was a good idea, the price had gone up. Interest rate remained low so I didn't mind as much.

Now, any other year in the last 5+ the wait wouldn't have been an issue at all, however this year every month rates have risen. The fact I'm paying more money for the car + higher and higher interest rates push this to a cost I'm not comfortable with.

If I get an invoice before the 4th on January I'll keep my order, as I'm locked in for 4.99%, however if I have to re-apply with what ever rate January has for us I'll likely cancel.
I was just thinking that (but I won't) but for 64K

1666761124661.png

Or just go big

1666761291399.png

Are you sure about that have u received any invoice from tesla, it will be deducted from the final price its something u paid its not gunna disappear into thin air. And what service have u provided to me from the day i ordered everything was done online. Dont say anything if ur ignorant stay out of this conversation, and all the other bullshhit ur talking about is included in the price of the sale of the vehicle thats why there dealer delivery fee and so on. Get ur facts right. Now we have someone defending tesla here. What ever i stated its not from me thats from a silicitor who knows the law. So hush.
Please consider how you are talking to others in this forum. People here are just trying to offer advice. He is not from Tesla - he is merely quoting information from the Tesla page which might help inform you about refunds. I understand you're frustrated about not getting your car, but calling people ignorant isn't necessary, nor is it in the spirit of this forum. Maybe take a break from the forum for a few days if it's making you angry, rather than taking it out on others.

Please consider how you are talking to others in this forum. People here are just trying to offer advice. He is not from Tesla - he is merely quoting information from the Tesla page which might help inform you about refunds. I understand you're frustrated about not getting your car, but calling people ignorant isn't necessary, nor is it in the spirit of this forum. Maybe take a break from the forum for a few days if it's making you angry, rather than taking it out on others.
I didnt ask him to comment on my post abruptly, if he doesnt have anything right to say ,then dont say its as simple as that, ive read the agreement and know it. But to come and tell im not entitled for a refund and what law im talking about that just pissed me off, its as if he is a tesla lawyer and defending them. He replied to my comment without understanding a word of it and what i meant.

Last edited:
I didnt ask him to comment on my post abruptly, if he doesnt have anything right to say ,then dont say its as simple as that, ive read the agreement and know it. But to come and tell im not entitled for a refund and what law im talking about that just pissed me off, its as if he is a tesla lawyer and defending them. He replied to my comment without understanding a word of it and what i meant.

I understand your frustration, but unless tesla cancels it on their end, the deposit is non-refundable.

Reactions: MozMan
On a different topic, I think I must have missed it, but did the people who ordered in Feb or March actually receive the recharging cord with their M3 when they recently picked them up? And if so did they need to ask for them, or were they already in the car?
as a March 12 RWD order it would be nice to know what happens now that new orders need to buy the cord.
apologies if everyone else knows the answer already.

On a different topic, I think I must have missed it, but did the people who ordered in Feb or March actually receive the recharging cord with their M3 when they recently picked them up? And if so did they need to ask for them, or were they already in the car?
as a March 12 RWD order it would be nice to know what happens now that new orders need to buy the cord.
apologies if everyone else knows the answer already.

I ordered 14-Feb and only now in the Oct-26 - Nov-09 window, still waiting on an actual date.

I expect to get the UMC as they only stopped including it in July:

Reactions: danwale
Reactions: NathanWilliams
That doesnt look good theyre all left hand drive now. We are screwed.
Not necessarily. If they build to the ships they have lined up then this could only mean there isn't an ANZ ship at the dock with booked space. Like their production schedule, most space will be pre booked months in advance on ships which is how they would inform a production schedule. No different to any other retailer that produces a product. Most don't like holding stock so if they can cater to minimising stock on ground then they will. I'm as mad as the next person I've had to wait this long (251 days) but I still hold out hope that we'll receive some good news prior to years end