Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mate, they took back my VIN as well but the new EDD remains. What a joke.
What. The. Hell. This is bs. I hope they figure out what they're doing soon.
My VIN disappeared this morning. By afternoon despite not having received an invoice I was advised by Tesla that my invoice had been sent by mistake and would issued in my EDD window. This afternoon my EDD of 10 - 24 Dec had gone back to Aug - Nov, ??????
Yeh same!

Reactions: ecatt
What. The. Hell. This is bs. I hope they figure out what they're doing soon.

Yeh same!
Yep it IS BS. Apparently those VIN from Tuesday mini storm is for Perth. FML 🙄
99573C19-0719-4E74-B289-D262F4E7068B.png

Mine has done the same, pretty sure ours are on the same ship (RCC Shanghai) and it’s currently off the coast near Bundaberg due in to Port Kembla on Saturday morning so I’m still hopeful for the end of next week on the assumption they’ll be offloaded at Port Kembla + quarantine/paperwork and trucked up to the GC.
Mine too 😂 wave as it passes by today to detour down through Port Kembla. It does look like the ship is also docking in Brisbane but not until 18th 🤷‍♀️ guess we'll wait and see!
Screenshot_20221104-063538_Chrome.jpg

Mine too 😂 wave as it passes by today to detour down through Port Kembla. It does look like the ship is also docking in Brisbane but not until 18th 🤷‍♀️ guess we'll wait and see!
View attachment 870815
Yeah, hopefully there’s some sort of indication they’re off the ship tomorrow and not staying on for the next 2 weeks.

I was gonna check the RAV database to see if there were any updates over the next few days but no point doing that because it’s got this message:

“Vehicles cannot be entered on the Register of Approved Vehicles (RAV) from 12 pm AEDT on Thursday 3 November to 9 am AEDT on Tuesday 8 November 2022 due to planned maintenance.”

Yeah, hopefully there’s some sort of indication they’re off the ship tomorrow and not staying on for the next 2 weeks.

I was gonna check the RAV database to see if there were any updates over the next few days but no point doing that because it’s got this message:

“Vehicles cannot be entered on the Register of Approved Vehicles (RAV) from 12 pm AEDT on Thursday 3 November to 9 am AEDT on Tuesday 8 November 2022 due to planned maintenance.”
Wow, they need 5 days for maintenance?! 😮

So what do we think now? The Tesla bloke writing down VINs with his pencil had the wrong print out?

My theory of assigning VINs based on throwing darts at a dartboard seemed outlandish, but it appears their actual method is just as bad.
Imagine a somewhat automated system. It has a record of the VINs on a particular shipment, and they're going to tell it to allocate those to orders. Someone has to tell it which delivery locations should be allocated from it, based on where the ship is going to dock.

If they accidentally left 'Melbourne' in the list for a shipment docking in WA, that would adequately explain it.