Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone using a Fronius Wattpilot? I suspect the 11kW Go version, accessories kit and cable to come in more expensive than a Tesla Gen 3 and mobile connector. For 6 months of the year I get 20kW plus excess solar (max 5kW instantaneous) and 5-15 kW excess per day the rest of the time.

I’m trying to compare connecting up the Gen 3 and letting the car charge at say 4kW and using the Wattpilot which would limit itself to excess solar only. The car is frequently at home during times of solar generation not to be a factor. Anyone got any experience with this? Does the Wattpilot accessories kit include facility to plug into a standard household power point?
Just use charge Hq with the Tesla charger and it will run on excess solar
I have been using charge hq for 2 weeks now, it has been really good. It hooks up to my solar analytics and only charges my car on solar excess.

Well if you are talking about RWDs , I think it is looking that way to me , especially if no VINs come out this week,
and I can't remember the last basic white RWD VIN for February/March, certainly not in the last 10days.
If they are not putting out any RWDs on the upcoming ship, when will they?
Have they stayed on the old pattern of just making our cars in the first month of the quarter?
these are the depressing thoughts that happen when there is no communication.
Staying positive is going to be harder if we are still here talking about lack of VINs this time next week!
lets hope tomorrow or tonight!🤞

Veda is confident there are a lot more ships coming.

It's hard to keep the hope alive though. Seeing multiple other cities get some VIN's and your city being ignored completely is a really frustrating experience.

1667882482520.png

This was posted on Facebook last night.

So no vins for us leftover feb orders. We got left out in june and its happening again now , what a disappointment from such a company.
What Tesla has been doing for M3s so far in Q3 is definitely too little and, if there's going to be more VIN allocations this quarter, it's definitely all coming too late as well. Too late in that they're going to deliver the cars around the Christmas/NYE break which is annoying and inconvenient, or some time into January 2023 which will be a really poor effort.

For what it's worth, Vedaprime replied to someone's post on FB saying that there are more ships coming in this quarter (he's tracking 17 ships apparently...). I really hope he's right. I assume he has a better idea than most but other than (maybe) him, I wouldn't put much faith in anyone else's opinions on this forum about what's being built and allocated. Some just like to spout their opinions and guesswork as though it's fact, much like many of the SA's out there.

Too late in that they're going to deliver the cars around the Christmas/NYE break which is annoying and inconvenient, or some time into January 2023 which will be a really poor effort.
Could not agree more. It is pathetic. It's simple - they are either playing games, have absolutely no idea or both. Enough is enough for Feb orders.

I had a whinge to SA and an SM just called me. First time I've had a decent conversation where it's finished and I feel like it wasn't just crap talk.

Indicated that for Brisbane, they expecting VIN matches towards the end of month and that Feb orders should be cleared by the end of the year, hopefully prior to Christmas, but with shipping logistics up in the air it may be over the Christmas period. I asked if they would be showing greater flexibility on pick ups over this time due to people going away and he said that would be on a case by case basis and they'd do what the can to accommodate people over this time.

I then reiterated the fact that the delays are a bit ridiculous, they need to improve comms and deliveries at this time of the year are crap for those of us who are relying on selling cars to help secure loans. Imagine getting allocated a car December 1 and trying to sell a car in the lead up to Christmas. That can't be a good thing and I'm not looking forward to it.

I've just ordered the Tesla wall charger, now I'm wondering whether it needs to be installed by the few electricians that Tesla recommends on their website, or can any professional electrician do it?
Any electrician can install these. They are actually quite easy to do so. I own an electrical company and I do these all the time. Even from the first install they have been straight forward, so rest assured no matter the electrician to do the installation it will be done correctly.

Reactions: ecatt
If it's a cancellation it's probably delivered to the delivery centre which is a different pick up point to yours
Thats totally rubbish if thats the case, it shows that tesla communication is rubbish how hard is it to call me and say we have a car that matches urs but its in different location would you be willing to pick it up from there or should we allocate to someone else, my argument is its because one day after my order date, they should fill them by order placed when available no based on location. After 9 months of waiting ill pick it up from the moon if i have to( figure of speech)