Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you don't mind me being pedantic, but Viking Passama etc are also RoRo ships. It refers to the method of self-loading (Roll-on, Roll-off)
compare cargo ships with on-board cranes which are LoLo (Lift on, Lift off)

The RoRo link allows you to search MOL ACE's fleet of RoRo ships.

That's the link I used - still no joy, maybe its not listed because it's been unloaded?

I hope you don't mind me being pedantic, but Viking Passama etc are also RoRo ships. It refers to the method of self-loading (Roll-on, Roll-off)

Happy to be corrected, I'll freely admit I know very little about this!

I do appreciate this straight forward explanation

More likely it was on one of the Armacup RoRo ships, not one of the MOLACE ones.

Armacup don't have a public search page, but they do publish their shipping schedule so with your build date you can make a reasonable guess which ship it's on.

Oh dear, the Don Juan was Armacup so if it's not listed at this link, then god only knows where my car is.... Did any other Melbourne customers with EDD now moved to 2/12-16/12 confirm their car was on Don Juan? I just assumed based on EDD.

Just checked them for me. I'm also $1200 per year which is the best quote I've gotten so far.

I was looking at Rollin insurance as they were $111 a month for full comprehensive, rental car (3 weeks, $80 per day) and glass cover. I might go with Allianz, unless anyone here has any horror stories?
I wonder what you guys fill in to get these cheap quotes. I tried the same Allianz, it was upward of $1500 even with $2000 excess. I have a clean driving record with no at-fault insurance claim ever. I'm 37 - could it be the age that is making all the difference?

Reactions: MaskaChaska
Try Allianz they’ve done something in the background and the quotes I’m getting at 30% cheaper today than it was a month ago
Yep same here

They and RACV and now almost the same

Everyone else is 3k plus for me

I'm 37 - could it be the age that is making all the difference?
No, a lot of it's purely based on location and driving habits

If you're not parking in a garage or driveway it also jacks up the price quickly

I wonder what you guys fill in to get these cheap quotes. I tried the same Allianz, it was upward of $1500 even with $2000 excess. I have a clean driving record with no at-fault insurance claim ever. I'm 37 - could it be the age that is making all the difference?

gender of primary driver, insured for under 25, garage vs street, estimate of km per year, postcode, etc, etc, etc, etc,

Try Allianz they’ve done something in the background and the quotes I’m getting at 30% cheaper today than it was a month ago
I am in Canberra I am shocked how good the price is from Alliance. I was about to go with Commonwealth bank insurance who quoted 99/month without options but alliance is cheaper even WITH options such as hire car window shield replacement etc 90/month. Happy days.

Reactions: AlbertParker
I think it must be area you live in maybe?

I'm male, 34, no insurance claims in previous 5 years.

I live in a decent, newly built area and the car will be inside a garage when at home.

I've gotten many expensive quotes as well. Commonwealth bank wanted $350 a month for full comp + glass cover + car rental. Insane.

Hey guys, first post here after lurking since my order date of October 18th this year.

I managed to update my order to get one of the cars that is currently listed available for VIC on the Tesla website. Had to make a slight amendment to my spec, but was on the phone with Tesla Sales at the time and got one of the cars that I assume has just arrived on the ships that have been tracked.

I originally had a Blue LR, Black Interior and 18" wheels on order, saw some in stock in Victoria and called Tesla Sales, pressed 2 for existing orders and spoke to someone to see if I could change my order, was told it was a 'glitch' as others have reported. I spoke to my Novated Lease provider who called BS on it as it lets you go all the way and pay for it. He suggested I just make a new order to see if I get allocated one.

Turns out it is BS, as I called Tesla back and spoke to someone else, but this time I went through to New Sales (option 1). Spoke to someone else and asked the question of whether the cars on the site were available and what delivery timeframe there was. He said they just arrived and asked if I already had an RN. He then guided me through updating my order to a spec that is listed and within 2 minutes of changing, my EDD changed from Feb - May 2023 to Dec 1 - Dec 14 2022. Unreal, I can't believe it. If anyone is waiting on a LR still and isn't too bothered on what spec they actually get, give it a go. Seems like it might be luck of the draw for who you get on the line. as the guy said they usually don't do it, but because I had been really nice and polite through the whole thing, he wanted to secure one for me lol. There were 10 white in stock when I called.

Thanks to those posting about stock listed elsewhere and keeping us updated on ships, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have randomly checked stock this morning and be getting a car in the next two weeks.

This is incorrect. Some novated leases even posted here have interest rates of 11%. Double the interest rate obvsiouly completely negates the benefit of a tax reduction.
This seems like slightly oversimplification, there are more factors to it. For example, the company I work for gets GST off, so I save GST on the novated part, though GST remains on the balloon payment at the end of the lease. The exemption for FBT means I get those payments pretax meaning 32.5% savings on the payments. Then there are a few downsides like higher interest rate (often hidden interest rate, so possibly 8-13%). Can have also monthly lease admin fees depending on the lease company and also, they try to bundle insurance and other costs that you need to make sure you get comparison quotes as their ones are usually not best deals.
at the end of the day if you do your own checks and comparisons, you can make your own call if its worth it or not. For me it ends up being much cheaper even with higher interest rate because of the savings on tax and GST.