Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do your own calculations because it will depend on your overall income. Generally speaking novated lease will only be beneficial if you can find a provider that doesnt try to fleece you on the interest rate and other additional costs.

Also... ?what payout.
The balloon payment I think it's called, or possibly something else. Seems to be a residual amount at the end, depending on how long your lease is.

Mine too.

I just rang Tesla because there is an exact spec to my order sitting in 'inventory'. I was told any RWD listed on inventory is there in error. The LR versions listed are cancelled orders and they are not yet at the delivery centre anyway. Apparently they 'landed' at the port 'today'. These will be the Don Juan cars. Likely still sitting at the port waiting for a truck to pick them up and deliver them to Mulgrave.

So my car is probably sitting next to the 'inventory' cars at Webb Dock.

The rather excruciating wait continues.......
Have you had any luck finding your VIN using the RoRo search? I've only just realised my build date was after the departure date of the Don Juan, so the wait continues, however the EDD hasn't yet shifted back from Nov 29 - Dec 13...

Should I just go knock on Tesla Adelaide's door and see if it's there yet? :p
1669774132736.png

Mine too.

I just rang Tesla because there is an exact spec to my order sitting in 'inventory'. I was told any RWD listed on inventory is there in error. The LR versions listed are cancelled orders and they are not yet at the delivery centre anyway. Apparently they 'landed' at the port 'today'. These will be the Don Juan cars. Likely still sitting at the port waiting for a truck to pick them up and deliver them to Mulgrave.

Oh sure.. It's just a mistake.... your car is just around the corner... all the back log will be cleared this year :rolleyes: Sure, sure!

Reactions: Eamon
I got the best offer from Allianz. from memory - $1200 full comp, hire car and glass options, $750 excess.
Just checked them for me. I'm also $1200 per year which is the best quote I've gotten so far.

I was looking at Rollin insurance as they were $111 a month for full comprehensive, rental car (3 weeks, $80 per day) and glass cover. I might go with Allianz, unless anyone here has any horror stories?

Viking Passama left Shanghai on the 27th, so maybe that one. Otherwise it would be on a Roro ship
I hope you don't mind me being pedantic, but Viking Passama etc are also RoRo ships. It refers to the method of self-loading (Roll-on, Roll-off)
compare cargo ships with on-board cranes which are LoLo (Lift on, Lift off)

The RoRo link allows you to search MOL ACE's fleet of RoRo ships.