Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
I'm picking up on Saturday from the Don Juan batch.
Can anyone recommend a reasonable insurance vendor? Need to organise that tomorrow.
I'm assuming you can organise insurance with just the VIN if the rego is not done until the day.
Yes, you can do insurance with just VIN, I have been driving for 3 years on my Model 3 with just the VIN on the insurance, after I asked them to renew for 4th year is when they asked the rego number to add to the insurance contract.

The RWD from Shanghai and freemont are both LFP batteries now but am not sure if they are from the same supplier.
Do you know what battery chemistry and battery size do they put currently into LR Model 3 made in Shanghai? Over the years they have had few adjustments and changes, but I could not find a credible source that would say what goes in them now...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, cars shipped by Tesla to AU are either:
1. Molace RoRo
2. Amracup

If I can't find VIN on the RoRo link, it's likely to be shipped by Amracup (and if I want more information, I can sign up to Vedaprime, that manages Amracup ships)?
@Vedaprime is an independent person with years of logistics experience. He uses a lot of previous data to model and predict which ship your car is on and track it's most realistic delivery window.

Also, the discord channel had some good people on to talk to about so things Tesla!