Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No news here but (incoming speculation) two possible ships it's on (Viking Passama & MSC Immacolata) are both moored in Brisbane. Some say it's on Immacolata not VP. Either way, I'm guessing it's here and that's why we haven't seen wild EDD changes (yet). There are apparently various delays for Australia deliveries, and I wonder if ours might be quarantine related, or something similar, if there are actually any delays for us.
I believe the delivery centre is at Hendra (Headley Ave according to Google). At least it doesn't have far to go from the ship to the delivery centre.
Yep. Hendra. Big shed alongside the vehicle auction house just before the turnoff to the M1.

My concern is that the Australian management team is simply not competent with new vehicle sales delivery and associated customer relations and may have have a poor share of voice among the management teams in other countries Telstra supplies. Either too soft or too junior. I'm concerned that Tesla might eventually consign Oceania to the opposition and abandon the marketplace over the next 3 years as US/Chinese/European competition reduces Tesla's market share and profitability. Same way GM dumped Holden and its dealers. Musk is moving on - it's the next Tesla senior board and major motor vehicle manufacturer shareholders that will determine Tesla's longevity in Australia and internationally - watch this space!
Absolute nonsense lol, I’m not sure how the hell you managed to come up with all that?🙄

Reactions: simesinbris
No news here but (incoming speculation) two possible ships it's on (Viking Passama & MSC Immacolata) are both moored in Brisbane. Some say it's on Immacolata not VP. Either way, I'm guessing it's here and that's why we haven't seen wild EDD changes (yet). There are apparently various delays for Australia deliveries, and I wonder if ours might be quarantine related, or something similar, if there are actually any delays for us.
I believe the delivery centre is at Hendra (Headley Ave according to Google). At least it doesn't have far to go from the ship to the delivery centre.
Don’t ask me how I know but your correct. >1000 teslas came off the MSC immacolata during the week, at the Port of Brisbane. I’m still stuck at the point of receiving an invoice after accepting revised trade in offer. And a delivery window other than TBD. Shouldn’t be long now now though, 🙏🏻 hopeful mine was on the MSC along with others patiently waiting in Brisbane/QLD.

Don’t ask me how I know but your correct. >1000 teslas came off the MSC immacolata during the week, at the Port of Brisbane. I’m still stuck at the point of receiving an invoice after accepting revised trade in offer. And a delivery window other than TBD. Shouldn’t be long now now though, 🙏🏻 hopeful mine was on the MSC along with others patiently waiting in Brisbane/QLD.
That is very exciting!!!! Will have to make sure I've fully paid pronto!
That is strange that you have a TBD window when others have 19-31 December. Not sure if it's order date related or something else. I thought it might have been home deliveries, but some have said they are pick up in Brisbane. Very strange.

Reactions: daisy22 and Minties
Ok, full disclosure – if you aren’t interested in reading a negative rant about Tesla, please skip the following. I don’t want to bring anyone’s day down! But if you want validation that your growing frustration with the company is justified, read on.

I ordered my blue RWD back on Feb 10th with a 14-20 week delivery time (so end of June EDD). There was a 3-week lockdown so somehow this got pushed back 5 months to Aug-Nov. This then got pushed back another month to Dec 5-19th, for no reason. This then got pushed back another couple of weeks to Dec 12-30th, again for no given reason. I called and complained (politely) and said I needed the car by the 20th if possible. They managed to offer me a delivery date of today, Dec 18th at 11am. Then l got a call last night to say this was to be pushed back to Dec 18th at 1:30pm. Alarm bells start ringing at this point. Then they just called this morning and told me they now can’t deliver until Tuesday (despite last night confirming I would have it at 1:30). That will mean I will have been waiting 311 days, if it even comes then. 6 months late, with no reasons being given other than a 3-week lockdown and recent shipping availability issues. Remember, this isn’t a situation like Toyota, who don’t have the parts to make the cars. This is just a poorly run company.

So I just gave them a fairly large spray. I explained that they choose not to advertise, instead creating hype and emotion around this product to sell it – and then fail again and again to deliver, so it’s little wonder this disappointment creates an equally strong emotional reaction. I told him the only reason I have been waiting so long is because either Tesla is logistically incompetent or driven by profit not customers. And we all know that the answer is both. My car wasn’t even built until Oct 9th, 8 months after ordering, yet they are making thousands a day and have a surplus of stock in other countries. There’s no excuse for this. And then it took over 2 months to get here, when Model Y after Model Y has arrived in the interim. Shipping restrictions therefore aren’t the issue – it’s just a bunch of crappy decisions on their part. I’m also aware from being on this forum that there are many people in Melbourne who ordered my spec after me and are already driving their cars. I’m genuinely happy for them, but surely this isn’t the fairest allocation system they could create. And I only got my first acknowledgement/apology for my situation yesterday, 6 months after I was supposed to get it. No make goods or compensation either.

I know people on this forum will say ‘first world problems’, and perhaps that’s true, but ask yourself – have you never once in your life complained about customer service? We all have, and that’s because these experiences can be infuriating – and this one I am currently having tops them all. Yes, this post may come across as ‘woe is me’ but I’m a car nut and this vehicle is the most expensive, important and exciting purchase I have ever made. I was so excited about this car originally, and this whole experience has completely soured it. I let the SA know that I have told every single person who has asked about my car in the last couple of months never to buy from Tesla, and I wholeheartedly mean that. What a deeply disappointing experience. So frustrating! I hope other people have better luck.

Ok, full disclosure – if you aren’t interested in reading a negative rant about Tesla, please skip the following. I don’t want to bring anyone’s day down! But if you want validation that your growing frustration with the company is justified, read on.

I ordered my blue RWD back on Feb 10th with a 14-20 week delivery time (so end of June EDD). There was a 3-week lockdown so somehow this got pushed back 5 months to Aug-Nov. This then got pushed back another month to Dec 5-19th, for no reason. This then got pushed back another couple of weeks to Dec 12-30th, again for no given reason. I called and complained (politely) and said I needed the car by the 20th if possible. They managed to offer me a delivery date of today, Dec 18th at 11am. Then l got a call last night to say this was to be pushed back to Dec 18th at 1:30pm. Alarm bells start ringing at this point. Then they just called this morning and told me they now can’t deliver until Tuesday (despite last night confirming I would have it at 1:30). That will mean I will have been waiting 311 days, if it even comes then. 6 months late, with no reasons being given other than a 3-week lockdown and recent shipping availability issues. Remember, this isn’t a situation like Toyota, who don’t have the parts to make the cars. This is just a poorly run company.

So I just gave them a fairly large spray. I explained that they choose not to advertise, instead creating hype and emotion around this product to sell it – and then fail again and again to deliver, so it’s little wonder this disappointment creates an equally strong emotional reaction. I told him the only reason I have been waiting so long is because either Tesla is logistically incompetent or driven by profit not customers. And we all know that the answer is both. My car wasn’t even built until Oct 9th, 8 months after ordering, yet they are making thousands a day and have a surplus of stock in other countries. There’s no excuse for this. And then it took over 2 months to get here, when Model Y after Model Y has arrived in the interim. Shipping restrictions therefore aren’t the issue – it’s just a bunch of crappy decisions on their part. I’m also aware from being on this forum that there are many people in Melbourne who ordered my spec after me and are already driving their cars. I’m genuinely happy for them, but surely this isn’t the fairest allocation system they could create. And I only got my first acknowledgement/apology for my situation yesterday, 6 months after I was supposed to get it. No make goods or compensation either.

I know people on this forum will say ‘first world problems’, and perhaps that’s true, but ask yourself – have you never once in your life complained about customer service? We all have, and that’s because these experiences can be infuriating – and this one I am currently having tops them all. Yes, this post may come across as ‘woe is me’ but I’m a car nut and this vehicle is the most expensive, important and exciting purchase I have ever made. I was so excited about this car originally, and this whole experience has completely soured it. I let the SA know that I have told every single person who has asked about my car in the last couple of months never to buy from Tesla, and I wholeheartedly mean that. What a deeply disappointing experience. So frustrating! I hope other people have better luck.
I 100,000,000% agree with you, only to add regional orders don't even get a date, just TBD. It's been like that for 307 days...and counting

Good and bad customer service with any type of company is normal, for every good story there is a bad one, name me another car company where everyone’s experience is perfect? I can’t think of one? People moaning about 6 or 12 month waits where I’ve got a mate who’s been waiting nearly 2yrs now for his Golf R, just a RAV4 hybrid is a 2yr wait, if you’ve had it with Tesla then simply cancel and go buy from another company and lets see how much fun you have with them? lol

Good and bad customer service with any type of company is normal, for every good story there is a bad one, name me another car company where everyone’s experience is perfect? I can’t think of one? People moaning about 6 or 12 month waits where I’ve got a mate who’s been waiting nearly 2yrs now for his Golf R, just a RAV4 hybrid is a 2yr wait, if you’ve had it with Tesla then simply cancel and go buy from another company and lets see how much fun you have with them? lol
How long have you been waiting for?

It's a crap situation, but giving a "fairly large spray" to the person on the other end of the phone who has no control over the manufacture or logistics, is fed as little information as we are, and is hamstrung by the company's communication policy, is a bit rough. That would be better aimed at management, or put in an online review to inform other potential buyers.

Not wanting to add to the negativity (but I'm gonna just for a moment and then move on).
I just spoke to an SA about the possibility of getting a VIN now we're on the 18th, the following was given to me.

If any vins arrive now, they are because of cancellations, no more vin allocations are expected outside of this.
He went on to say, vins will start again and those given at the very start of Jan will be delivered from the end of Jan to March. I asked him does this mean, I may not see my car until March, he said it is a possibility... Who knows what the interest rate will be by that point but all I know is, I should have gone with my gut and ordered a Y in those first 24hrs or ordered an LR way back when as the difference then would be more bearable instead of losing so much of it to interest... I mentioned to the guy, the worst of it all is that other states ordered in Aug and got a car allocated, existing inventory remains for M3RWD's and a days drive away, folks are sat waiting.
What a way to enjoy a Sunday... Anyway, it's time for me to leave this forum. I'll check back in when I have my car on my drive. Being here, while I respect and appreciate the conversation only puts me into a more negative state because I have false hope and excitement. I forget to appreciate other things that I should focus on instead and be grateful for. Thanks to all of you for your input, feedback, advice and support. Congratulations to you all who have cars and those who have dates. Have a fantastic Christmas and Holiday, enjoy the sunshine, family time and friends. You're all legends. 🍻

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a crap situation, but giving a "fairly large spray" to the person on the other end of the phone who has no control over the manufacture or logistics, is fed as little information as we are, and is hamstrung by the company's communication policy, is a bit rough. That would be better aimed at management, or put in an online review to inform other potential buyers.
Totally true - I certainly didn’t swear or yell at him or anything, and worded my criticisms at Tesla rather than him. He said he would pass it on to his Sales Manager so hopefully that has an impact.
(It won’t)

Well I had a drive around Port of Brisbane, lots not in view from the road so me not seeing Tesla's lined up by the hundred is not surprising, no car carriers in sight but they wouldn't have hung around.
I thought to myself on my way home this isn't far from the delivery centre at Hendra, my wife has probably never been there, so off we went. It was closed but you could see inside a huge industrial unit filled wall to wall with empty space 😔 there were 2 white M3 but that's it.
There hiding at the dock then.😃

Not true.

It’s berthed at a non vehicle offloading berth.
Doesn’t move to a vehicle offload berth till some time in the next little bit.

All publicly accessible info.
Have a look at marine traffic website for where it’s berthed and the google maps where they can offload cars. Not the same.

Last edited:
Not true.

It’s berthed at a non vehicle offloading berth.
Doesn’t move to a vehicle offload berth till some time in the next little bit.

All publicly accessible info.
Have a look at marine traffic website for where it’s berthed and the google maps where they can offload cars. Not the same.
How can you tell on Google Maps where they can offload cars? Is there an obvious sign or feature?

Hi, while waiting thought I would research and set-up my Charge accounts (inc. Evie) and noticed the following:

"Cost: As a promotion, RFID cards are currently $0."

Disclaimer: also listed on OzB, I'm not sure if any value/real/apologies if duplicate etc, but I wanted to get a physical card in prep as back-up to the app.
Mods - happy to remove if not allowed, approved, appropriate content et al - clearly, I haven't experienced the service as yet, so not a promo 🙂

Last edited: