Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you tell on Google Maps where they can offload cars? Is there an obvious sign or feature?
Go to marinetraffic.com. Search for MSC Immacolata. Switch to sat view on the map. You can see it's currently berthed at a container terminal. If you look south of that you can see the berths with a long flat area and some carparks nearby. There's 2 or three car carrier spaces there where they drop a ramp off the back of the ship and drive the cars off. Can't unload at the container berth.
Look for "Car Precinct Flyover"

• Informative
Reactions: Missimpatient
Hi, while waiting thought I would research and set-up my Charge accounts (inc. Evie) and noticed the following:

"Cost: As a promotion, RFID cards are currently $0."

Disclaimer: also listed on OzB, I'm not sure if any value/real/apologies if duplicate etc, but I wanted to get a physical card in prep as back-up to the app.
Mods - happy to remove if not allowed, approved, appropriate content et al - clearly, I haven't experienced the service as yet, so not a promo 🙂
We only have one up our way.. “but I’ll take your free stuff”

Reactions: No EV and BegaPride
Then hang on to those positives. You can’t ALWAYS get what you want, but you know you ARE getting the car you want now. There’s always something new around the corner.
So confirmed; I will now be picking up a Model 3 RWD with VIN indicating 2022 build in 2023. In an earlier post someone explained that the 10th digit in the VIN indicates model year. Pretty sure it was 'N' for 2022 & 'P' for 2023. My VIN contains an 'N' as the 10th digit. Has anyone received a VIN with a 'P' as 10th digit indicating 2023 model?
I came to thinking that first registered in early 2023 may seem better than first registered late 2022, even if technically build date is late 2022. My build date is 22/11/2022. Anyone feel the same or is this my perception?

Reactions: Robdunc
So confirmed; I will now be picking up a Model 3 RWD with VIN indicating 2022 build in 2023. In an earlier post someone explained that the 10th digit in the VIN indicates model year. Pretty sure it was 'N' for 2022 & 'P' for 2023. My VIN contains an 'N' as the 10th digit. Has anyone received a VIN with a 'P' as 10th digit indicating 2023 model?
I came to thinking that first registered in early 2023 may seem better than first registered late 2022, even if technically build date is late 2022. My build date is 22/11/2022. Anyone feel the same or is this my perception?
It's going to be a 2022 model, when you sell it it will have to be listed as 2022 unfortunately, no way around it.

True story: I was employed by the company I work for, in November, many years ago.

I took some leave without pay and now they say my date for “continuous service” falls in January.

My staff number is still the same one they issued to me in November.

In my opinion, I will always have a start date in November - that will never change - but to them, I’ve been working nearly 2 months less than that.

By the time I get my new car, it will be about a month old but hasn't done any work yet.

I have no problem with that.

It's going to be a 2022 model, when you sell it it will have to be listed as 2022 unfortunately, no way around it.
As mentioned in a contributors earlier post. It is interesting that cars listed in California's inventory are listed as both 2022 & 2023 models. Demonstrators listed as 2023? Maybe this is related to manufacturing regulation relevant to respective countries? Otherwise you would expect consistancy?

With the amount of mileage I’ll be doing, I think having a 2022 (24/11/2022 Build), will actually count in my favour. But I share your concern. Then again, with the refresh 2023 model rumoured for Q3, that might be another distinguishing factor depending on the features they add.

With the amount of mileage I’ll be doing, I think having a 2022 (24/11/2022 Build), will actually count in my favour. But I share your concern. Then again, with the refresh 2023 model rumoured for Q3, that might be another distinguishing factor depending on the features they add.
Ok, do you mean you will be doing a lot of kms so therefore potentially a lower average per annum?

Ok, do you mean you will be doing a lot of kms so therefore potentially a lower average per annum?
Yup. I’ll be doing about 30 000kms per year. Going on past experience, and the last car I sold after 6 months of ownership from new with 15 000km on the ODO, high mileage for the model year dropped my trade-in price considerably. I’m planning on keeping the M3 for 5 years. So in my mind, it being at 2022 model year, my 150 000kms will be spread over 6 years instead of 5 when its time to sell. Granted, my wife is the maths genius and she didn’t argue with me when I pitched this to her, so I assume I’m right. 😋

So, for those of us waiting in WA has anyone got a pickup date? A certain paid service has stated Liberty Ace was carrying Tesla’s to Freo, well I can’t see any...loads of cars on the dock but not a Tesla to be seen...My EDD is 30-31 December and it is expected to blow out to week 3 in Jan as car is currently booked for Pegasus Ace arriving 31 Dec (car has sat in Singapore for over a month)...so frustrating ODD 04/22

So, for those of us waiting in WA has anyone got a pickup date? A certain paid service has stated Liberty Ace was carrying Tesla’s to Freo, well I can’t see any...loads of cars on the dock but not a Tesla to be seen...My EDD is 30-31 December and it is expected to blow out to week 3 in Jan as car is currently booked for Pegasus Ace arriving 31 Dec (car has sat in Singapore for over a month)...so frustrating ODD 04/22
My VIN is showing as coming on the Liberty Ace carrier which had docked in Freo on 16th/17th. My build date is 16/10 and has been parked up in Singapore also for a while. Tesla app is now showing estimated delivery of Dec 20 - 31 and I ordered back on April 7th but I haven't received a call to organise delivery yet.

Reactions: Waiting in WA
My VIN is showing as coming on the Liberty Ace carrier which had docked in Freo on 16th/17th. My build date is 16/10 and has been parked up in Singapore also for a while. Tesla app is now showing estimated delivery of Dec 20 - 31 and I ordered back on April 7th but I haven't received a call to organise delivery yet.
My situation is exactly the same except with an order date of 19/3. I’d be pleasantly surprised if it’s ready this week (customs, detailing, delivery centre throughput) but hopefully next week isn’t out of the question.

My situation is exactly the same except with an order date of 19/3. I’d be pleasantly surprised if it’s ready this week (customs, detailing, delivery centre throughput) but hopefully next week isn’t out of the question.
I ordered mine in April. Got the final invoice and every other bit of paperwork but no delivery date yet. Still EDD 18-31st December.

Go to marinetraffic.com. Search for MSC Immacolata. Switch to sat view on the map. You can see it's currently berthed at a container terminal. If you look south of that you can see the berths with a long flat area and some carparks nearby. There's 2 or three car carrier spaces there where they drop a ramp off the back of the ship and drive the cars off. Can't unload at the container berth.
Look for "Car Precinct Flyover"
It just moved an hour or two ago.
1671361894141.png

Now contains said "Car precinct flyover". The schedule says it'll be here for the next 24hrs before heading out to see. Hope it's there to unload cars :D