Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume they've finished sending out delivery appointment texts for the day.
I had a text 45 minutes ago asking if someone else could pick it up, when I said no they asked me what time on the 30th, when I said we already arranged 11am and it's already on the app, the then confirmed it again only about 5 minutes ago. So may still be working and their confusion suggests it's very hectic.

For us regionals, can you walk us through the pick up process please?
CEVA called and said my car would be delivered the following day between 10 and 12. I requested to collect it sooner from the depot as that window was close to when I needed to leave for work. They said they required written authorisation from Tesla and would send them an email. I called Tesla and they weren't sure why that was the case or who CEVA would even email. A couple of phone calls back and forth and I got it sorted.

CEVA give you a cardboard wallet with the two key cards and you're ready to drive. If you haven't received an email from Tesla prior to delivery with a link to your account to accept delivery, you text Tesla to advise you have taken delivery. They then update your account and you click a button to accept delivery. The car then appears in your app and you can set up phone key.

Reactions: No EV and choppa
CEVA called and said my car would be delivered the following day between 10 and 12. I requested to collect it sooner from the depot as that window was close to when I needed to leave for work. They said they required written authorisation from Tesla and would send them an email. I called Tesla and they weren't sure why that was the case or who CEVA would even email. A couple of phone calls back and forth and I got it sorted.

CEVA give you a cardboard wallet with the two key cards and you're ready to drive. If you haven't received an email from Tesla prior to delivery with a link to your account to accept delivery, you text Tesla to advise you have taken delivery. They then update your account and you click a button to accept delivery. The car then appears in your app and you can set up phone key.
Nice.

Did you spend any time checking over the car or checklisting it? Or nah, looks good lets go.

And have you noticed anything you do/dont like, 24 hrs on?

Does anyone know if the 2023 model 3 comes with floor mats? Very unclear if I’m supposed to order them separately.
Hey man, we are TESERY team. We focus on Tesla accessories, and we provide premium all-weather 3D Tesla floor mats. You visit the product page through this link to learn more details: All Weather 3D Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3 2018-2023 & Model Y 2021-2

Some pictures of the floor mats:
1_5_极速看图.jpg

tesla floor mats 454545.jpg

@ Mulgrave, VIC. Anyone picking up their tesla tomorrow willing to catch up and appreciate their new ride together? Single Malt on me.

Ps I work at Mulgrave Hospital. We can chill at the parking lot (5km away from the delivery centre)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ryanjava
Nice.

Did you spend any time checking over the car or checklisting it? Or nah, looks good lets go.

And have you noticed anything you do/dont like, 24 hrs on?
I did have a good walk around looking for damage outside and inside before signing the CEVA paperwork. I think I have a pretty good eye for detail and it all looked pretty good. I didn't use a checklist or anything like that.

Surprisingly, Autopilot had calibrated well before I made it from Mount St John to Idalia via Gulliver. TACC and speed sign recognition seem to be quite good. I gave autosteer a go on the Ring Road on the way to work today and it was a weird feeling but seemed to work well.

There is a lot I like about the car. I love the white interior; I have always wanted a light-coloured interior and it doesn't get much lighter. I like pre-conditioning to cool the car down before I get in. One-pedal driving is great. I have not noticed any radiant heat from the glass roof, even in Townsville heat. I love phone key and walk away lock. I really like having Spotify built-in; it just starts playing when I open the door and stops as I walk away. No waiting for phone to connect and Android Auto to start up.

There's not much I don't like so far. I don't like having to enter the car or go into the app to unlock the charge port, but this is only an issue if you don't use a Tesla branded charger. I hate myself for buying a phone that doesn't wirelessly charge, because that would be so convenient. I miss the ventilated seats I had in my Camry, but the pre-conditioning and white seats definitely helps with this, and I imagine window tinting will help further when I get that done in a few weeks.

I don't like having to enter the car or go into the app to unlock the charge port
I am pretty sure you can push the charge door and it'll open.

Edit: From the manual:
You can also open the charge port door using any of these methods:

• On the touchscreen, touch Controls and touch the Charge Port icon (lightning bolt).
  • On the touchscreen, navigate to Controls > Charging > Open Charge Port.
  • Press the bottom of the charge port door when Model 3 is unlocked.
  • On the key fob accessory (sold separately), hold down the rear trunk button for 1-2 seconds.
  • Use voice commands to open the charge port door (see Voice Commands). You can also use voice commands to close the charge port door, and begin or stop charging.

Reactions: cafz and daisy22
I am pretty sure you can push the charge door and it'll open.

Edit: From the manual:
You can also open the charge port door using any of these methods:

• On the touchscreen, touch Controls and touch the Charge Port icon (lightning bolt).
  • On the touchscreen, navigate to Controls > Charging > Open Charge Port.
  • Press the bottom of the charge port door when Model 3 is unlocked.
  • On the key fob accessory (sold separately), hold down the rear trunk button for 1-2 seconds.
  • Use voice commands to open the charge port door (see Voice Commands). You can also use voice commands to close the charge port door, and begin or stop charging.
My favourite is "Open bumhole".