Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlike most of you, I want to delay my delivery as I have two months more on my novated lease and don't want to pay the early termination fee. I also will be out of town from boxing day to new years eve. The original EDD of Feb 2023 would have been ideal.

I have received valuation on my trade-in but have not declined it. How long do I have before I need to respond to the valuation?

I don't understand why people are paying for the car before being given a delivery date
I did it based on the delivery ETA.

For me, it was locking in the funding interest rate and reducing any bottlenecks - SA told me yesterday, as soon as they have the car they’ll prep and send.. no waiting for funds to be sent (or finance company to direct) and clear.

Type 2 to type 2 charging cables. Anyone got one and if so, why and which please !
I bought the one from tesla - 22kw. Seemed the best value and even though the M3 charger can only use 11kw, I saw as an investment into the future.

The regional QLD charging spots have DC charging up to 50-75kw as well as type 2 AC charging up to 22kw.

If the DC charger is being used or is broken, I reasoned I could use the type 2 as a backup.. along with any occasional free type 2 charging post I happened to come across.

I hope not to use the type 2 but it is there if I need it.

Bunnings had the round “EV” cable bag for about $20 to stash it in.

That place y'all wanna be. Just taken delivery of the m3 @mulgrave. Sending you all good vibes and hopefully each one of you great people get your teslas very very soon so you can experience that excitement I had when I was there.

Attachments

• 20221222_102759.jpg
    20221222_102759.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 69
I’m a May order and no luck so far. My estimated delivery date is February - May so I don’t think we will be receiving a vin anytime soon unless someone cancels an order. I’m just here curious about the process of getting the car and what to expect. Unfortunately it looks like we will be waiting with nothing happening for a while
I ordered M3LR last day April, have heard nothing…. With wait times significantly decreasing, I’m now considering a MY, hoping a MYLR may be available to order before I get a VIN for current order of M3LR - I have not heard anything from Tesla regarding my order.

Well I got an SMS and email, but not the one I wanted. but what did I expect. This was predicted.

Delivery Estimate Updated
Due to ongoing port congestion resulting in vessel delays; we estimate your vehicle delivery will now occur between mid-January and early February. Visit your Tesla Account to view your current delivery estimate and complete any outstanding tasks.

Once a firm date is available, you will receive an SMS or Email inviting you to select your Express Delivery appointment.