Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought more Tesla shares last night, I'm happy for them to stay low until I sell my ICE car because that money us going I to TSLA stock. Tesla are making 2 to 3 times the profit of the rest and have 20 billion in the bank and no debt to speak of. They will be just fine, don't mistake stock for the company.
Spot on, many people are confusing the stock with the company, Tesla’s fundamentals are strong across the board, they ain’t going anywhere, it’s a great time to buy TSLA that’s for sure, In a few years you’ll make a killing..

Reactions: ChrisAKAHydra
There are reasons that first deliveries for syd will be 2nd week of January onwards, maybe end of first week if lucky, it's not possible to be sooner.

I wish I can tell you why but I'm on vedaprimes service so I can't say.

Deliveries will not be based on order date, but it's relative location on the ship and the port transshipment area. As far as tesla is concerned this is all just one "batch". Unfair but it is what it is.

Look, I sometimes buy things online, and I pay 20 bucks for express postage if I desperately need it.

As angry as everyone is with how Tesla is doing things and why they do it that way, unfortunately that's how things are.

Those who won't want to take the service out of principle, that's fine, I'll tell you what I can. You can either believe me or refresh the app 10times per hour, it's a free country.

Tesla is doing 3000 cars for NSW, individually, you don't matter to them at all.

Reactions: ChrisGray
I've had almost the opposite experience to some on here it seems.

Ordered 29/10. Collected today at Mt Gravatt. Smooth experience. The car is great! Very happy.

The VedaPrime service was a decent tool to have in the background to fill in the blanks that Tesla really should be filling in themselves and it's frankly a bit *sugar* that they don't. Other car manufacturers sure can.

As much as the fact that service shouldn't have to exist I kinda do recommend factoring it into the cost of ordering your Tesla. It saves a lot of heart ache having some idea of what's going on behind the scenes rather than a giant black hole of no info. You shouldn't have to pay for it. But you're doing yourself a favour and saving a bunch of heart ache if you do.

Most of the speculation posted on here is pretty far from the mark and probably only fuels anxiety.

Again, I stress, VedaPrime shouldn't have to exist. But it's not VedaPrime's fault there's a reason for him to exist...

Well, maybe I should have used a checklist at delivery. I missed some transit damage to the sideskirts, which I only saw today when I sat on the garage floor to put my shoes on before mowing the lawn. I checked the bumpers but missed the sideskirts as it was parked between two other cars. To their credit, I logged a service request in the app and Tesla Service were at my house before I finished mowing, and they have ordered the parts and booked the repairs. Can't complain about that service. The service tech said that in his experience CEVA likely would have fobbed me off to Tesla even if I had noticed before I left the depot. Most importantly, there is no damage to the undercarriage.

PXL_20221223_004223637.MP.jpg

PXL_20221223_004256757.MP.jpg

Reactions: choppa and Ryanjava
Well, maybe I should have used a checklist at delivery. I missed some transit damage to the sideskirts, which I only saw today when I sat on the garage floor to put my shoes on before mowing the lawn. I checked the bumpers but missed the sideskirts as it was parked between two other cars. To their credit, I logged a service request in the app and Tesla Service were at my house before I finished mowing, and they have ordered the parts and booked the repairs. Can't complain about that service. The service tech said that in his experience CEVA likely would have fobbed me off to Tesla even if I had noticed before I left the depot. Most importantly, there is no damage to the undercarriage.

View attachment 888207

View attachment 888208
Guess what I'm going to check first thing tomorrow? ...

That's bad luck mate.

Well, those #$%@ have re scheduled my delivery window. Now Jan 18 to Feb 8th. Utter bastards. Been waiting since Feb 24........... to say i am pissed off is to say the least. I fail to understand how this has happened. No correspondence from sales staff or Tesla other than this on the App this afternoon..............
I am not sure how that is possible as I ordered in April and I am scheduled to pick mine up this coming Thursday. Something doesn't add up here.

Reactions: Missimpatient
There are reasons that first deliveries for syd will be 2nd week of January onwards, maybe end of first week if lucky, it's not possible to be sooner.

I wish I can tell you why but I'm on vedaprimes service so I can't say.

Deliveries will not be based on order date, but it's relative location on the ship and the port transshipment area. As far as tesla is concerned this is all just one "batch". Unfair but it is what it is.

Look, I sometimes buy things online, and I pay 20 bucks for express postage if I desperately need it.

As angry as everyone is with how Tesla is doing things and why they do it that way, unfortunately that's how things are.

Those who won't want to take the service out of principle, that's fine, I'll tell you what I can. You can either believe me or refresh the app 10times per hour, it's a free country.

Tesla is doing 3000 cars for NSW, individually, you don't matter to them at all.
Hi

A couple of questions about Vedaprime service.
1. Can you cancel subscription at an time
2. Does the 1 Month billing cycle start at the beginning of each month, or a Month from the day of subscription
3. Once ship is in port and a lot depends on the logistics of where the vehicle is located on ship and therefore when it will be unloaded. And the fact that in the above post it is stated 'deliveries will not be based on order but relative to location on the ship and the transport area'. Do all EDD's really become guess work from here. Or do they pick up again once vehicle is transported to delivery centre?

Last edited:
No, it seems everyone is getting it for a month starting on 22 or 23 December. Hopefully you get your car before the trial period is over.
Sounds good receiving a trial. Added permanently or at a discount applied to a certain criteria would be great. Wait greater than a certain period of time. I know I am probably wishing a little to hard here. Or even a 12 Month free trial.

Personally it feels suboptimal to take delivery of a 22 built car in 23. After waiting a year I’m considering not taking delivery and waiting a few more months for a ModelY built in 23.

Have no loan so not paying interest whilst waiting.
Sounds like a good idea. Except I sold my car during the last previous EDD! Or was it the last. I dont even know.

Reactions: Snoopy1
I've heard they will be cutting costs so your 2023 model might come with less features.
Not sure it’ll lose features? The cost cutting sounds like it’s more focused on the manufacturing side of things, it’ll probably have front and rear body castings like the Y has, which will make it a much more cost/time efficient car to build, my prediction is slight cosmetic changes to the exterior, more range, lighter weight, 360 cameras, indicator stalks gone and ventilated seats..