Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last post 25th of November, the day i received my VIN. My car delivery was moved from Chatswood to Alexandria in December. Original EDD 5/12 - 25/12, latest EDD 8/02 - 1/03. Yet red rwd cars available on the Tesla inventory stock.

Finance and Insurance offers will expire, holidays have been messed about. . Not sure what to do anymore

First thing this morning, will ask for my deposit money to be returned to my account.
With cost blow outs now, having to renegotiating new finance and insurances and a good chance i will miss out the NSW government EV rebate.

Considering my options, may cancel my order. Plenty of new cars coming to market and another 2 month possibly till i receive a delivery date.

Please DO NOT hand any money over till you receive an actual delivery date.

Good luck everyone, not usually a negative person, but this experience has been definitely deflating.

M3 RWD Red/Black | Sydney
OD: 18/03

Last edited:
Reactions: hk12 and Ryanjava
My guess for the blowouts in EDD is the lack of car carriers available. The delays of the ships getting into Sydney means that the pre-booked carriers would've been cancelled and moved on to other jobs, so now it's a struggle to get carriers available and they'll trickle through early on when 1 or 2 trucks are available evry day or two. This will eventually pick up though once the company can allocate more trucks. While this is a guess, up until recently, my family has worked in the car carrying business for years so I have some knowledge on the inner workings.

I feel for everyone losing hope, but as we all know these dates can move around wildly so don't read too much into it at the moment. It'll most likely be completely different tomorrow, so save yourself the anxiety and take it with a grain of salt.

Last post 25th of November, the day i received my VIN. My car delivery was moved from Chatswood to Alexandria in December. Original EDD 5/12 - 25/12, latest EDD 8/02 - 1/03. Yet red rwd cars available on the Tesla inventory stock.

Finance and Insurance offers will expire, holidays have been messed about. . Not sure what to do anymore

First thing this morning, will ask for my deposit money to be returned to my account.
With cost blow outs now, having to renegotiating new finance and insurances and a good chance i will miss out the NSW government EV rebate.

Considering my options, may cancel my order. Plenty of new cars coming to market and another 2 month possibly till i receive a delivery date.

Good luck everyone, not usually a negative person, but this experience has been definitely deflating.

Almost at the finish line, Bro. Suffering for so long only to walk away when delivery is in sight.

I booked a camping trip on Dec 22 hoping to show off my EV (orig edd aug-oct). Took the ICE instead.
Booked a family holiday New Years) up the coast to show off the EV. Took the ICE instead.
Family visiting from O/S for 6 weeks over Dec/Jan and hoping to drive the Tesla and lend them my ICE, but that didn’t happen and they borrowed a micro car from my mum. My delivery date is 2 days after they fly home.
And sister in law has been holding out to take our ICE since last years QLD floods wrote off her car. That’s almost 1 yr waiting when we’d hoped it’d be much sooner for her.

Oh well. Hoping it’s worth the wait.
Btw, love the red colour but paying for blue was already a stretch for me. You’ve got a nice looking car you’re walking away from!

Reactions: Snoopy1
Almost at the finish line, Bro. Suffering for so long only to walk away when delivery is in sight.

I booked a camping trip on Dec 22 hoping to show off my EV (orig edd aug-oct). Took the ICE instead.
Booked a family holiday New Years) up the coast to show off the EV. Took the ICE instead.
Family visiting from O/S for 6 weeks over Dec/Jan and hoping to drive the Tesla and lend them my ICE, but that didn’t happen and they borrowed a micro car from my mum. My delivery date is 2 days after they fly home.
And sister in law has been holding out to take our ICE since last years QLD floods wrote off her car. That’s almost 1 yr waiting when we’d hoped it’d be much sooner for her.

Oh well. Hoping it’s worth the wait.
Btw, love the red colour but paying for blue was already a stretch for me. You’ve got a nice looking car you’re walking away from!
Whilst I’ve not been waiting for any amount of time in comparison to anyone on this thread I’m also now in the Feb range.

Ironically a rep yesterday committed to a delivery date of 08/01 a few hours prior to the change.

I agree with everything you say, but would suggest delaying any decision for a while, we are nearly there. Yes i expect another delay but still quicker than joining another waiting line.

I still think like others have said, lets wait them out until they give us our car!

Reactions: hk12 and danesuper6
edds.jpg

Just spoke to SA and he says following which we all know
1. car is in country waiting to be unloaded from port
2. Lots of Vehicle this quarter so they don’t know exactly when it will be sent to delivery centre
3. Port reopens on 9th Jan so they have updated EDD accordingly but expect some updates next week based on where the car is actually in the queue.

Absolutely spewing. I just checked the app and I’ve also been pushed back (again). Showing Jan 25th to Feb 15th now.

I’m also collecting at Miranda and I’ve had the exact EDDs as you! 13th March order here.

I can’t believe it!!
I am a Miranda 9 March OD, bulk standard RWD in blue/black; received the delivery email yesterday with a choice of 19, 20, 21 Jan pickup dates.

But we are on holidays then so I rang the service line and now have a 27 Jan Miranda pickup date (which is just after we return to Sydney).

The whole thing is pretty random ....

Reactions: Snoopy1
Yeah mine got pushed back today to Jan 31 to Feb 28.
I'm one of the idiots who paid early thinking I was taking delivery of my car in mid-December. I called support and they are pretty much refusing to issue a refund of the final payment unless I cancel the order. They did however confirm that my car will be loaded onto transport on the 31st Jan and will be available for delivery from 1st Feb @ Miranda 😤

RWD | Black /Blue | OD: 11 July 2022 | Miranda

I'm one of the idiots who paid early thinking I was taking delivery of my car in mid-December. I called support and they are pretty much refusing to issue a refund of the final payment unless I cancel the order. They did however confirm that my car will be loaded onto transport on the 31st Jan and will be available for delivery from 1st Feb @ Miranda 😤

It's interesting to see that some people are still waiting from their March order? Their delivery timing doesn't make sense sometimes.

I only ordered in Oct 2022, I keep expecting to see order delays, but still says FEB - May. I'm increasingly thinking this so unlikely with the posts I'm seeing here!

Can I ask what's the build date of your car?

Definitely don’t hand over any money until you have a actual delivery date. Look how much Tesla is making on interest with our money. I know I lost heaps.

Just curious what the price is down there. My brother-in-law in Victoria said the import tax on cars puts the starting price around $70k?
There's no import tax on cars built in USA or China due to free trade agreements

You can play with the configurator yourself to get an idea, in Victoria the "drive away" price starts at AUD$71000 but then you get $3000 back from the government, so AUD$68k - which is around $46k in US Dollars. Which seems about the same as you pay in Idaho

Reactions: Rally