Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, my order is STILL saying march/April. I'm losing faith haha, no sign of VIN yet. I've messaged Tesla who say that there are currently no delays and everything is on track.

We are currently operating on one vehicle which is painful. Would this delivery date suggest that my car is already on a ship or in the country. I've tried to do the hidden VIN search but can't find anything.

Hi all, my order is STILL saying march/April. I'm losing faith haha, no sign of VIN yet. I've messaged Tesla who say that there are currently no delays and everything is on track.

We are currently operating on one vehicle which is painful. Would this delivery date suggest that my car is already on a ship or in the country. I've tried to do the hidden VIN search but can't find anything.
What’s your state/spec?
It does seem unusual that it doesn’t say TBD or a date range by now. The April/May orders are starting to roll-in.

I’ve read sometimes that novated leases [and/or] trade-ins cause an unhappy path. Does that apply to you?

What’s your state/spec?
It does seem unusual that it doesn’t say TBD or a date range by now. The April/May orders are starting to roll-in.

I’ve read sometimes that novated leases [and/or] trade-ins cause an unhappy path. Does that apply to you?
Qld, long range white and white.

Novate lease yes, however it's all signed, approved and awaiting the vehicle, so I can't envisage that causing any delays.

From the experience of others who are some distance from a Tesla delivery centre, the process is a little different as they have to deliver your vehicle on a truck from Brisbane to Mackay.
You may get a TBD until quite close to your delivery.

As my delivery date approaches, did any of you current owners take some form of checklist to your delivery appointment? Did you just accept the car then lodge a service request for any issues found in the first 1000km?

It's difficult to work out how long they give you to go over the car at delivery and things like that. I guess it probably depends on location as well.

did any of you current owners take some form of checklist to your delivery appointment?
I used Tesla Prep late last year when picking up a Tesla on behalf of someone else.

For my own I had a mate with excellent attention to detail go over the car's exterior while I focused on the interior

It's difficult to work out how long they give you to go over the car at delivery
As long or as short as you want. They will get you to "accept delivery" via your mobile, then either take you to your car or tell you where it's parked.

You can then spend as long as you need going over the car, they will leave you alone unless you have any questions. Either flag down one of the many staff standing around or switch on the hazard lights and they will come to you.

I spent an hour going over the car I was picking up for someone else, and about 30 minutes on mine.

I used Tesla Prep late last year when picking up a Tesla on behalf of someone else.

For my own I had a mate with excellent attention to detail go over the car's exterior while I focused on the interior

As long or as short as you want. They will get you to "accept delivery" via your mobile, then either take you to your car or tell you where it's parked.

You can then spend as long as you need going over the car, they will leave you alone unless you have any questions. Either flag down one of the many staff standing around or switch on the hazard lights and they will come to you.

I spent an hour going over the car I was picking up for someone else, and about 30 minutes on mine.
Cracking reply. Thanks for making it so detailed!

I feel much better about it now ☺️

Shouldn’t you be permitted to look over the car BEFORE having to accept delivery? I’ve read others have refused the car because of faults. How is that possible if you’ve accepted delivery?

Hmmmm nothing in South Australia! And the sales rep is very quiet too!
Shouldn’t you be permitted to look over the car BEFORE having to accept delivery? I’ve read others have refused the car because of faults. How is that possible if you’ve accepted delivery?
Hi,

I recently picked up my car. They give you all the time in the world to look over the car, so there is no rush.
The team at Tesla were also great. I had a few marks on mine, so they went and got some cleaner and cloth to wipe it down.

I've heard of people picking up faults within the first week, once they reported it via the app, it was fixed for free. I haven't have to use it, so can't tell you if this is true or false.