Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a summary of communications I've received so far for my 3LR order:

March 28: Order placed. EDD Apr-May.
April 4: 3k Price drop. Received updated order agreement.
April 25: Hidden VIN. EDD changed to TBD.
April 26: 'Vehicle Assigned' text & email.
April 26: 'Final Invoice Available' text & email. Build date 21/04 shown on invoice.
April 27: Rego forms available to sign.
April 28: 'Order update' email received regarding port delays.

Any Adelaide people have an upcoming delivery window? I still have TBD. I'm seeing some interstate folks with the same build date getting May xx-xx windows.

It's doing my head in now seem to have gone backwards. Went from a March-april EDD, to TBD and still with no VIN. All the while people that ordered after me have delivery dates, and my exact configuration is available as inventory in multiple states.

Ordered M3LR Wh/Bl yesterday (2/May) from the existing Inventory. VIN & Vehicle assigned notification received (Chrome extension picked up VIN in 10 minutes after ordering). Registration paperwork is available (with errors). The delivery is still EDD and the invoice isn't yet available.
Looks like Morning Cherry docked and (hoping that it must be) offloading cars... 🤞🏼

Last edited:
How soon do they clear the port after coming off the ship? I have a M3 RWD with ETA May 8th-30th in NSW. Spoke to Tesla chat this morning and they said it was still awaiting port clearance (but wasn't from the Morning Cherry). So I'm assuming it came from a previous ship and it takes a fairly long time to get through quarantine or whatever?

It's doing my head in now seem to have gone backwards. Went from a March-april EDD, to TBD and still with no VIN. All the while people that ordered after me have delivery dates, and my exact configuration is available as inventory in multiple states.
If you're in Mackay and getting it delivered to you, it changes to TBD rather than a specific date because it's being booked with a delivery company.

Those "available in inventory" vehicles likely aren't sitting in a warehouse, they can be unassigned vehicles still on board ships.

If you're in Mackay and getting it delivered to you, it changes to TBD rather than a specific date because it's being booked with a delivery company.

Those "available in inventory" vehicles likely aren't sitting in a warehouse, they can be unassigned vehicles still on board ships.
I rang up, apparently there was a delay in production and my car will be sitting in a port in Shanghai awaiting to be loaded onto a ship and assigned. Their batch allocation is very strangely done being segregated by state. People that ordered the same car yesterday will literally get their car before someone who ordered a few months ago.