Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So.

The Marine shipping finally updated.
Leo Spirit is en route to Singapore.
Beluga Ace is due in Thailand around lunchtime. I expect it to quickly load and return to Singapore.

In theory this has both vessels in Singapore on the 27th or so.
It takes six days from Singapore to Fremantle.

Without any forseeable delay, the Fremantle schedule could work.

MolAce's schedule says the mystery vessel should be in Shanghai at lunch time, then to Xingang on the 27th for a day, then to Fremantle on the 1st. It takes a week to get from Xingang to Fremantle. This timeline does not work.
Beluga Ace is not on their schedule at all. You search it, and it has no routes. It may be because it's only a transshipment vessel however, they don't count. In which case the original theory of Leo onto Beluga will be it.

I'm having issues loading the Marine Map so I can't currently get on it to scout for what the D VESSEL L is supposed to be in Shanghai. The MolAce schedule gets updated every night so it is up to date, it doesn't necessarily make it accurate.

If so, expect VIN allocations within a week.

Lets see.

Reactions: AkaJoonbuggy
So.

Beluga Ace is due in Thailand around lunchtime. I expect it to quickly load and return to Singapore.

MolAce's schedule says the mystery vessel should be in Shanghai at lunch time, then to Xingang on the 27th for a day, then to Fremantle on the 1st. It takes a week to get from Xingang to Fremantle. This timeline does not work.
Beluga Ace is not on their schedule at all. You search it, and it has no routes. It may be because it's only a transshipment vessel however, they don't count. In which case the original theory of Leo onto Beluga will be it.

I'm having issues loading the Marine Map so I can't currently get on it to scout for what the D VESSEL L is supposed to be in Shanghai. The MolAce schedule gets updated every night so it is up to date, it doesn't necessarily make it accurate.

Lets see.
Now the anxious wait begins 😬

An interesting change in the way Tesla are invoicing their cars - original invoice only had one line item with a description containing the full model of the car, including the full base price of the vehicle (ie. $55,900)
Now it seems they've broken it into two line items - the first with a generic description of "Model Y" and price of $40,900. The next line item says "Model Y Rear Wheel Drive" and a price of $15,000.
This could indicate they're giving more clarity on their models on the invoicing, potentially due to the introduction of a RWD LR model?!?

So.

Lets see.
Thank you again @Sturty. You’ve been doing such a good job here I reckon this WAiting community probably has its fingers crossed you never get your car … otherwise who will ascend the TEDD Throne? In all seriousness though, hope you’re the first on these new ships to get your VIN. 🙏😊👍

• Love
Reactions: TheRug80 and Sturty
Thank you again @Sturty. You’ve been doing such a good job here I reckon this WAiting community probably has its fingers crossed you never get your car … otherwise who will ascend the TEDD Throne? In all seriousness though, hope you’re the first on these new ships to get your VIN. 🙏😊👍
Ahh thanks mate, I might keep it going even after I get mine if I can get the data supplied.

Alright. So I made a bold call myself.

I've jumped out of the Quicksilver queue. Into the Ultra Red queue.
Why? I had an epiphany on the freeway home last night. You really do see SFA red Teslas. Hell, red cars aren't that common outside of Mazda.

Decision was made for me when the Tesla website was reflecting a 1-3 week wait. Quicksilver has blown out again. For anyone new.. I don't envy them.

Quicksilver clearly is selling like hotcakes. Look at the tracker.
Conversely, look at the Ultra Red. Until now, not a single entry for WA for the Model Y.

I think everything I've told you all so far is spot on. Hopefully I made someone's day by parachuting them up the queue.

However.... there's a but.
The Long Range dates haven't updated except for Quicksilver. That's a nasty November wait for a LR or P. Everything else is reflecting a July-August.

It may, sadly, be the case that the incoming vessel may be strictly RWDs. Alternatively, it could just be that they're unallocated.

The Tesla rep Eden has informed me the data pull has only occurred today. This is fresh data.

For anyone in a rush or even on the fence, now is the time to jump off the LR train I suspect.

1716540408645.png

Last edited:
Alright. So I made a bold call myself.

I've jumped out of the Quicksilver queue. Into the Ultra Red queue.
Why? I had an epiphany on the freeway home last night. You really do see SFA red Teslas.

Decision was made for me when the Tesla website was reflecting a 1-3 week wait. Quicksilver has blown out again. For anyone new.. I don't envy them.
Wow that colour change came out of nowhere since I knew you had your heart set on Quicksilver lol but welcome to the Ultra Red team ;-) wouldn't your colour have been on the ship anyway?
On the other point, I didn't know that tesla changed the way they were reporting the delivery. I'm glad it also changes depending on the colour too which makes more sense now.

Man, the LR model has such a long lead time now. Really hoping that mine is on this boat now 😬

Wow that colour change came out of nowhere since I knew you had your heart set on Quicksilver lol but welcome to the Ultra Red team ;-) wouldn't your colour have been on the ship anyway?
On the other point, I didn't know that tesla changed the way they were reporting the delivery. I'm glad it also changes depending on the colour too which makes more sense now.

Man, the LR model has such a long lead time now. Really hoping that mine is on this boat now 😬
I had been softening.
I still think Quicksilver is, objectively, the nicest colour we can get. I think Cherry Red is the overall nicest but we don't have that option.

I like the idea of being able to find my car in a carpark too!

I like knowing my car will be here. I'm suspicious WA will get ripped off with the Quicksilver again.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRug80
I had been softening.
I still think Quicksilver is, objectively, the nicest colour we can get. I think Cherry Red is the overall nicest but we don't have that option.

I like knowing my car will be here. I'm suspicious WA will get ripped off with the Quicksilver again.
Good choice, welcome to the red side!

I had been softening.

Yeah you will definitely not be climbing into the wrong tesla with Ultra Red. I always see how many teslas are on the road while driving and I've only seen about 3 so far lol.

Yeah, who knows what's on the ship! I'm a bit worried for my brother because he changed from white to Quicksilver 2 weeks back so wonder if his is on there now.

Yeah you will definitely not be climbing into the wrong tesla with Ultra Red. I always see how many teslas are on the road while driving and I've only seen about 3 so far lol.

Yeah, who knows what's on the ship! I'm a bit worried for my brother because he changed from white to Quicksilver 2 weeks back so wonder if his is on there now.
I'd be telling Brother C4rnage to swap to a different colour. Clearly the Quicksilver is oversold, given the wait time for it is so much worse. We also get half the deliveries comparitive to everyone else which slows it further.

Stealth Grey is nice

I'd be telling Brother C4rnage to swap to a different colour. Clearly the Quicksilver is oversold, given the wait time for it is so much worse. We also get half the deliveries comparitive to everyone else which slows it further.

Stealth Grey is nice
Yeah thats very true 👍 I'll have a chat to him this weekend I think :)

My LR better be on this ship though lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sturty
Sorry there's not much to update. The tracking website I prefer to use is down, not much has changed re status quo.
Leo Spirit and Beluga Ace are both due in Singapore lunchtime Monday at this stage. From there we watch intently.

Mol Ace's schedule has not changed.

For those on the Model 3 train, Torrens still due to begin to unload in the dead hours on the morning of the 30th.

Reactions: laurenj94