Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my timeline for anyone in the same boat. Vanilla, basic AF, Model 3 RWD

April 12 - Ordered given EDD of "Apr - May"
April 16 - EDD updates to April 25 to May 15.
April 26 - EDD updates to May 4 to May 25.
May 5 - Delivery approaching text
May 12 - Book delivery text
May 18 - Car pick up at Chatswood NSW

Reactions: Davemcd
Hi everyone.

I've been scrolling through all the M3 posts and have a couple of questions as to where I sit in the scheme of things and what to expect from here.

I ordered a M3P in white (black interior) with EAP on 3/4/23 when the price dropped.

I had a generic delivery window of April/May. I removed the EAP when I realised that the LCT was also added to accessories which increased the $5100 addition to approximately 7k (planning to add it on after delivery). My generic delivery window changed to May/June.

No vin assigned as yet.

I see that when you go to a custom order it has a window of June/July for all configurations - I'm assuming this is not an accurate representation.

All the other states apart from mine (WA) have a plethora of inventory stock whilst WA has none. Is this inventory referring to stock that is currently being shipped to Oz but not yet allocated to buyers or are they sitting in yards over east?

I had read that M3P's and now MYP's were taking priority in delivery due to the increased profitability of the higher price tag. I'm assuming that this is not the case as I see some M3Rwd's are coming in now after April orders...

I have read that earlier orders have taken up to 12 months to arrive, were these orders showing this long wait from the start of placement or did it simply blow out over the waiting

Apologies if there are far too many questions for a newby.

I do realise I've been waiting for an extremely short time compared to the rest of you, just wondering how long a wait I'm in for (I'm guessing loooooong)

Thanks in advance.

(Also posted in the WA waiting room thread)