Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.

I've been scrolling through all the M3 posts and have a couple of questions as to where I sit in the scheme of things and what to expect from here.

I ordered a M3P in white (black interior) with EAP on 3/4/23 when the price dropped.

I had a generic delivery window of April/May. I removed the EAP when I realised that the LCT was also added to accessories which increased the $5100 addition to approximately 7k (planning to add it on after delivery). My generic delivery window changed to May/June.

No vin assigned as yet.

I see that when you go to a custom order it has a window of June/July for all configurations - I'm assuming this is not an accurate representation.

All the other states apart from mine (WA) have a plethora of inventory stock whilst WA has none. Is this inventory referring to stock that is currently being shipped to Oz but not yet allocated to buyers or are they sitting in yards over east?

I had read that M3P's and now MYP's were taking priority in delivery due to the increased profitability of the higher price tag. I'm assuming that this is not the case as I see some M3Rwd's are coming in now after April orders...

I have read that earlier orders have taken up to 12 months to arrive, were these orders showing this long wait from the start of placement or did it simply blow out over the waiting

Apologies if there are far too many questions for a newby.

I do realise I've been waiting for an extremely short time compared to the rest of you, just wondering how long a wait I'm in for (I'm guessing loooooong)

Thanks in advance.

(Also posted in the WA waiting room thread)
Although there are some people who have been very unlucky I think shipping situation is slowly improving and there shouldnt be any more covid interruptions in china. I would expect to get your car early July. If you're lucky in June.

Hi everyone.

I've been scrolling through all the M3 posts and have a couple of questions as to where I sit in the scheme of things and what to expect from here.

I ordered a M3P in white (black interior) with EAP on 3/4/23 when the price dropped.

I had a generic delivery window of April/May. I removed the EAP when I realised that the LCT was also added to accessories which increased the $5100 addition to approximately 7k (planning to add it on after delivery). My generic delivery window changed to May/June.

No vin assigned as yet.

I see that when you go to a custom order it has a window of June/July for all configurations - I'm assuming this is not an accurate representation.

All the other states apart from mine (WA) have a plethora of inventory stock whilst WA has none. Is this inventory referring to stock that is currently being shipped to Oz but not yet allocated to buyers or are they sitting in yards over east?

I had read that M3P's and now MYP's were taking priority in delivery due to the increased profitability of the higher price tag. I'm assuming that this is not the case as I see some M3Rwd's are coming in now after April orders...

I have read that earlier orders have taken up to 12 months to arrive, were these orders showing this long wait from the start of placement or did it simply blow out over the waiting

Apologies if there are far too many questions for a newby.

I do realise I've been waiting for an extremely short time compared to the rest of you, just wondering how long a wait I'm in for (I'm guessing loooooong)

Thanks in advance.

(Also posted in the WA waiting room thread)
I ordered a bog Std white/black RWD same day as you.
Received an EDD like you of April-May.

Yesterday it changed to June 25-June 30.

I can’t see a vin though. I’m told that’s likely due to having a trade in still in progress stage.

We’ll see.

From what I've seen, that means that an order made now would be fulfilled from a production run and shipment to your location that is currently expected to arrive for delivery in that time frame.

Shipments can get delayed, though.

They could be any where from the factory gate to the delivery centre, although at the moment it's mostly on ships or at port.

That's just the kind of weird thing people think up then gets repeated because it sounds truthy. When they opened the Model Y orders, MYRWDs came through a lot quicker than MYPs.

From what I recall, those orders tended to have delivery timeframes of ~9 months originally, so they've blown out a little.

Out of curiosity, with these dates of pushing out to mid/late June, has anyone enquired with Tesla as to if they will receive a refund on their luxury car tax should delivery run into July when the threshold is increased?
Up until final invoice Tesla will update to coincide with pricing and tax changes.
I had 3 changes while waiting for mine. Caused some strife with the novated lease company, but got there in the end.

I just went off build date from the final invoice. RAV still doesn't have mine.

Sounds like yours is stuck somewhere. My EDD was updated overnight to 18th-30th June (although i'm regional so they probably allowed 2 weeks for third party courier delivery)

Finally, I received to schedule my delivery date for 5th June (Monday) this morning.

Once you get your car in RAV, you will soon be notified of a delivery date. I contacted Tesla yesterday and confirmed my car is still sitting in Port Melbourne and pending delivery to Mulgrave Centre.

The delivery team's hand is really tight now. I thought they could schedule an earlier delivery day on 3rd (Saturday) as minimum progress can be made during the weekend. Instead, they are shipping my car to Mulgrave on 4th (Sunday) and will do some detailing before my delivery on 5th (Monday) at 3pm.

Model 3 RWD | Midnight Silver/Black OD: 5/5/2023 | Built 25/4/2023 | RAV 18/5 EDD: May 22- Jun 12 Jun 2-18. Pickup 5th June

Picked up my M3LR on Wednesday, I absolutely love it! Its not perfect though, rear doors are hard to open (they seem to catch) and some gap issues with the boot lid but I have raised a service request to get that sorted.
The gap issue seems to be normal for Tesla, and you may also be able to see the gap on the rear lamps, which is bc Tesla integrative molding manufacture.