Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with RAV of 18/5 had any push backs for EDD. Had one yesterday 25/6 - 16/7 and then today 23/6 - 14/7. Received delivery approaching text last Thursday but then these push backs. Called Tesla today can't give any additional info. Need to meet the 30/6 deadline or will need to cancel order. Asked if I could have the vessel name but couldn't provide. Not sure if it's docked at Port Kembla.

Hey there, just wondered if anyone had any guesses as to when I should expect delivery?

I’m picking up from Brisbane, car entered the RAV on 05/06/2023, I haven’t yet received the prepare for delivery text.

For reference I ordered a red M3LR with black interior on 27/03/2023, which was assigned to me on 24/05/2023

Hey there, just wondered if anyone had any guesses as to when I should expect delivery?

I’m picking up from Brisbane, car entered the RAV on 05/06/2023, I haven’t yet received the prepare for delivery text.

For reference I ordered a red M3LR with black interior on 27/03/2023, which was assigned to me on 24/05

2 x ships morning cherry and grand eagle are sitting off brisbane. morning cherry left shanghai on around 18/5/22. Grand eagle left shanghai 28/4/22 (or there abouts). have a look at your build date on your registration forms in your account, build date will give you an indication of which ship it is on (eg. my build date is on the 05/05/23, so i'd anticipate it's on morning cherry).

morning cherry is scheduled to unload in brisbane tonight. Grand eagle will dock a day or two later.

would expect delivery in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately i have to wait for it to be transported up from brisbane.

I think it’s pretty unlikely your car is on these ships.

I got my prepare for delivery message this morning so things are progressing!
yeah vedaprime basically charges a subscription membership for the information i just gave you lol.

i also go my message this morning, so they must have both been on morning cherry.

hopefully there's no further hold ups and we get them soon!

Just a question for the room, do you think they will still produce the M3LR and P whilst they are working on the Highland update, or are they likely to focus on the rwd models?

Obviously no-one has a crystal ball, but what are your thoughts?

Ordered Model 3 RWD on 17th June. My tesla account shows prepare for delivery. No VIN assigned yet. EST delivery date is between Jun-Aug 2023. How to check whether my tesla will be in the next ship or already built? My account shows prepare for delivery since the day I ordered.

Ordered Model 3 RWD on 17th June. My tesla account shows prepare for delivery. No VIN assigned yet. EST delivery date is between Jun-Aug 2023. How to check whether my tesla will be in the next ship or already built? My account shows prepare for delivery since the day I ordered.
Have you installed the hidden VIN finder Chrome extension? I ordered from inventory on the same day and was assigned a VIN soon after and was able to track it to be on the Bergamot Ace. Quite possible you might be in the same boat....

Have you installed the hidden VIN finder Chrome extension? I ordered from inventory on the same day and was assigned a VIN soon after and was able to track it to be on the Bergamot Ace. Quite possible you might be in the same boat....
It was a new custom order that I placed. Hope so the VIN number should be there by next week as VIN Finder is not showing anything at the moment.

It was a new custom order that I placed. Hope so the VIN number should be there by next week
I hate to break it to you, but you might be in for a very long wait. The Tesla estimated timelines are a joke.

Mate of mine ordered a M3LR on the 16th of March with estimated delivery of "March - April"
He only got a VIN yesterday (27th of June) with new EDD of late July to early August

It's been a while since my last post and I've had my model 3 LR for over a year now.

I remember being initially torn between the base model 3 and the LR, and I ended up ordering the LR, and while I don't regret it at all I have to say the case for the base model is still very solid - it is significantly better value, for starters.

These days I drive in Chill mode 90% of the time, it is still plenty fast and responsive, and is just more comfortable to drive I general. When I am in the mood or if there's a hoon that needs to be tamed off the line I'll switch it back to "standard" acceleration 😂

I tried the performance boost for free and cancelled it, as I didn't notice any difference. The car you might argue is too fast already - it is kind of heavy and picks up speed so fast that when you hit the brakes it doesn't slow down as fast as you would expect so you have to be careful! Not to mention the thrill of acceleration means you're way over the speed limit in seconds - risky on many levels.

I suspect the base model being lighter will steer and stop better. I'll get a chance to drive it soon, really looking forward to that.

The sound system in the LR - man it thumps! I'm scared to turn it up past the half way point most of the time as it gets LOUD. Again looking forward to comparing with the base model but I suspect it will be more than enough.

Which brings me to my final point - the battery. The LR is both great and a little annoying since it has plenty of range for all practical purposes including going on road trips, BUT you really should keep it below 80% most of the time due to the battery chemistry. This basically reduces your daily usable range to the same as that to that of the standard Model 3 anyway. It is nice to have that extra 20% when you need it although I have not so far.

Another important point regarding the battery chemistry - say you don't have charging at home and you're driving home after a weekend away. With the base model you can get home with a low battery and worry about charging later. No so with the LR as you really shouldn't leave it overnight with less than 30% battery to avoid degradation. It would be nice not to have to actively manage the state of charge on the battery so much.

In summary while I love the LR if I were to buy a replacement model 3 in 5 years time I would probably go for the base model. After I drive the standard Model I'll post an update here.
Ok so I got to drive the base model 3. It has pretty much confirmed my thoughts above, specially since now the base model is 60k drive away, closer to 55k after rebates. I paid 80k for my LR.

Having said that, I really do love the extra power, range, and the subwoofer on the LR. Emotionally speaking it is totally worth it. Financially, not so much. For me anyway. You might argue the power increase alone is worth it, but that's by the dying ICE standards. For those on the fence, I highly recommend a test drive of both cars. If money is no issue, get the LR, or even the Performance if you have enough self control.

I am taking delivery of my LR on 18/7. I only test drove a RWD and initially placed an order for one. After a LR popped up in inventory in my spec with a small discount compared to a custom order I had a change of heart and bought it. Then on 1 July when the prices dropped the monthly cost of the LR on a novated lease was only marginally more than my original RWD quote.
I cannot wait to pick up the car and given that I was completely satisfied with the RWD after a test drive I can only assume that I will be blown away by the LR. Thanks for your thoughts above.

Reactions: MThreeLR