Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me I needed/wanted to be under the LCT Threshold of $89332 and my theory is there will be buckleys and none chance of a performance spec highland being under it., non-performance series yes but not performance. Plus, I'm not motivated by fancy disco light interiours or cosmetics to headlights and so forth. Im yet to see something Im interested in - like bigger output drive units or better battery banks etcetc
I beg to differ, word on the street is that with improvements such as a structural battery pack and dual megacastings this *should* bring down production costs down.

Reactions: OzTzlaBloke
Weirdly my model code from API / image is MT329 which I can't find anything on... Anyone seen that before? Nothing assigned though of course so might be placeholder? Or the no USS version maybe (downgrade)?

Interesting, didn't know that was a thing until you mentioned it. Mine's MT328 which seems like the standard LR MiC. Sorry, can't help on the MT329 though.

E: inventory vehicles also show the MT329 for M3P cars.

I beg to differ, word on the street is that with improvements such as a structural battery pack and dual megacastings this *should* bring down production costs down.

Guess well find out eventually

Things like the headlight upgrade and the interiour upgrades will probably raise costs though. The rumoured audio system upgrade will cost more. And production savings dont always equal less at retail Tesla might want to market their pricing in a different way to the ultra ultra disruptive market discount pricing like now. Generally new or significantly changed models cost the highest on release then get reduced as time goes on but Tesla are known for not playing the standard auto game tactics so well have to see

Reactions: Cocoboy
I have placed an order for a Model 3 LR on June 30 and I have not heard anything back as yet. Was grateful for the price drop too!

In terms of progress since then:

No VIN
No EDD
No further correspondence from Tesla.......

Would be a great outcome if they decide to deliver a Highland version instead (would be happy to wait 2 more month if that is the case!)

Reactions: Cocoboy
I'm hoping mine, ordered 10/6, is on the Paganella which left Shanghai a couple of days ago. But not hearing any updates has me doubting that.

The next ship heading into Melbourne is not due until mid September so it could be a much longer wait than I originally anticipated, and if it stretches into October I'll need to organise getting the car collected by someone else.

Update to my previous post. I got a call from Tesla on the weekend confirming my payment method and advising my trade in offer should be completed in the next couple of days, no mention of ETA at that point.
Later I checked the app and noticed the delivery window that was showing June - August since the day I ordered it, is now Aug 20 - Sep 10.

Guess well find out eventually

Things like the headlight upgrade and the interiour upgrades will probably raise costs though. The rumoured audio system upgrade will cost more. And production savings dont always equal less at retail Tesla might want to market their pricing in a different way to the ultra ultra disruptive market discount pricing like now. Generally new or significantly changed models cost the highest on release then get reduced as time goes on but Tesla are known for not playing the standard auto game tactics so well have to see

If all the upgrades that have been "leaked" actually end up in the car it would likely be double the cost it is today :)

Interesting to see that Tesla have updated timelines for delivery of new M3's that now are only from Aug to September (RWD and LR), where they had been previously stating a three month delivery window. The Performance is Sept to Oct which talks to the performance version potentially being the last of the old M3 models to be produced on the current production line (prior to the Highland upgrade).

It really supports the conversations around production stopping mid August with a further 6 weeks for shipping out of China and delivery to Australia for RWD and LR.

Will be interesting to see what happens on the 14th August on the Tesla website! Will they stop taking orders for the current model 3?

Interesting to see that Tesla have updated timelines for delivery of new M3's that now are only from Aug to September (RWD and LR), where they had been previously stating a three month delivery window.
They gave two month EDDs last quarter as well.

I know someone who ordered a M3LR in March with a Mar-Apr EDD.

VIN wasn't allocated until the 27th of June, and delivery would have likely happened late July, because it arrived on the same ship as the MYRWD he picked up on the 28th of July instead

They gave two month EDDs last quarter as well.

I know someone who ordered a M3LR in March with a Mar-Apr EDD.

VIN wasn't allocated until the 27th of June, and delivery would have likely happened late July, because it arrived on the same ship as the MYRWD he picked up on the 28th of July instead
I was same, ordered may, nothing until June 30 and suddenly my LR was available and they sent booking link next day. I cancelled so I could upgrade to M3P. I assume I got a reject from someone else’s cancelled order.

Hi. Ordered M3LR last week. No VIN is showing on my dashboard. By there is a registration application there with a VIN on it. I am guessing that they have allocated a VIN to me then ? My account also just updated from Aug - Sept delivery to Sept 6 - 27.

Hello, I just ordered a M3P last week and have Est delivery: Sept - Oct 2023, no VIN. I noticed online that the new model 3 highland will likely be released soon, does anyone have a crystal ball and know if my order is likely to be filled considering it's so close to the release of a new M3?

Hello, I just ordered a M3P last week and have Est delivery: Sept - Oct 2023, no VIN. I noticed online that the new model 3 highland will likely be released soon, does anyone have a crystal ball and know if my order is likely to be filled considering it's so close to the release of a new M3?
I dropped my crystal ball a long time ago, so no predictions on timing of the change to Highland Model 3.
If you want a Highland Model 3 there’s a chance that it might happen soon, but it’s likely that the change will be accompanied by the move to HW4 which means the end of ultrasonic sensors. If that happens you will be notified of the change of specifications and will have to accept the change as part of the process. If you definitely want an existing Model 3 with ultrasonic sensors and the existing shape you can look at existing stock. There’s a Model 3 Performance in Tasmania in Midnight Silver Metallic/ Black. Whilst Tesla normally don’t wish to move in stock cars you can always ask.