Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped my crystal ball a long time ago, so no predictions on timing of the change to Highland Model 3.
If you want a Highland Model 3 there’s a chance that it might happen soon, but it’s likely that the change will be accompanied by the move to HW4 which means the end of ultrasonic sensors. If that happens you will be notified of the change of specifications and will have to accept the change as part of the process. If you definitely want an existing Model 3 with ultrasonic sensors and the existing shape you can look at existing stock. There’s a Model 3 Performance in Tasmania in Midnight Silver Metallic/ Black. Whilst Tesla normally don’t wish to move in stock cars you can always ask.
Thanks for your insights. I'm on the fence between waiting for the new model or taking one now. No updates from Tesla still :(

I was very much in the same boat.

I ordered my M3P in April and was torn as to whether I should wait or take the model I ordered.

I settled on taking the first one offered. My thinking was we don't really know how long it will be before the Highland makes its way to Oz.

We don't fully know what it will contain updatewise (rumours certainly look good)

And there are mixed reviews about the HW4 upgrade and removal of USS.

I figured at least I knew what I was getting with this one. There will always be something newer and (possibly) better in the pipeline.

But I certainly get your dilemma! Whatever you choose will be the right choice for YOU...

Just wondering if anyone that ordered a M3LR in the late June time frame, has either taken delivery or if they have had any updates regarding an updated EDD?

All my details on the Tesla site are ready for the next stage (delivery) but have not heard any further information.

Current EDD still says Jun - Aug (which was the original estimate).

I know M3RWD arrived on our shores since then as there are a number available in Inventory and ready for delivery now, but I do note that there are no M3LR versions available.

Just wondering if it is just me or have the M3LR deliveries been delayed?

Just wondering if anyone that ordered a M3LR in the late June time frame, has either taken delivery or if they have had any updates regarding an updated EDD?

I can only say that I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) as you. I have seen a couple of LR come into inventory here in the ACT, and disappear just as quickly. There are about half a dozen standard ranges here, and their details all say ManufacturingYear 2023-07-31, so I'm guessing they're all in the coming shipment. That probably indicates my LR is coming late September at the earliest, at a guess.

I can only say that I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) as you. I have seen a couple of LR come into inventory here in the ACT, and disappear just as quickly. There are about half a dozen standard ranges here, and their details all say ManufacturingYear 2023-07-31, so I'm guessing they're all in the coming shipment. That probably indicates my LR is coming late September at the earliest, at a guess.
Thanks for confirming. I guess we both just play the waiting game!!!

I was very much in the same boat.

I ordered my M3P in April and was torn as to whether I should wait or take the model I ordered.

I settled on taking the first one offered. My thinking was we don't really know how long it will be before the Highland makes its way to Oz.

We don't fully know what it will contain updatewise (rumours certainly look good)

And there are mixed reviews about the HW4 upgrade and removal of USS.

I figured at least I knew what I was getting with this one. There will always be something newer and (possibly) better in the pipeline.

But I certainly get your dilemma! Whatever you choose will be the right choice for YOU...
It looks like the decision might of been made for me. My delivery estimate of September - October is gone from the app altogether now..

I will update you all on what happens from here as I am sure there are others who have recently ordered a M3P who are in the same boat.

Rumour is GigaShanghai last week did mixed 2023 model 3s blended with highland model 3s. These are sitting out in the carpark with covers on them to be shipped to Chinese display outlets that’s not a rumour there’s footage. This week it’s full production only of highland on the lines no more 2023 model 3s the last VINs were last week.

China gets em first. Europe customers have seen October from Tesla but let’s see if that happens. I’d wager Nov - Dec actually here in Aus to customers if we’re lucky with showroom demo builds late September there’s not many Tesla showrooms across Australia

I’d anticipate a huge flood of orders and probable delays

I have a personal rule - don’t be the first on N. Be like n -1 where all the dramas not found in pre prod testing is sorted in part iterations later. Tesla is really good at iterating designs in prod over time. I’d personally choose to give it months at least.

Well that was interesting, I had my delivery time disappear (M3 SR Grey) and the Tesla website delivery times disappeared for a few minutes there on all Model 3's. Now everything is back as it has been previously with my account showing a Jun-Aug delivery expectation. Makes you wonder if there was an update taking place in the background on the Tesla website or just a coincidence.

Morning,

Ordered Model 3 Performance in White back on 28.07.23
Estimated delivery: Jul - Sep 2023

Still no update or VIN/hidden VIN

With no VIN assuming it will be sometime after September.

Anyone that ordered a M3P with same delivery estimate had any updates yet?

Cheers

China gets em first... and probable delays
China normally gets the bulk of third month (ie. September production) anyway to minimise inventory at quarter end. It then goes back to export markets in October for November and December deliveries.

From everything we've seen I'm not sure if demand is going to increase dramatically, it looks like a pretty minor mid-life revision, and with the rumours of HW3.5 vs HW4, they may be saving some things for down the line.

Reactions: OzTzlaBloke
China normally gets the bulk of third month (ie. September production) anyway to minimise inventory at quarter end. It then goes back to export markets in October for November and December deliveries.

From everything we've seen I'm not sure if demand is going to increase dramatically, it looks like a pretty minor mid-life revision, and with the rumours of HW3.5 vs HW4, they may be saving some things for down the line.
Yeah it seems a bit yawn sadly on whats coming through the rumour mill. Disco interiour lights meh, not happy on loosing alcantara on the door cars, win I spose on a minor level with an improved audio system if that ends up true. Styling changes on the exteriour are matters of opinion. The gigacasting process tends to be heavier so with my performance bent Im not keen at all the on idea of highland having a greater tare mass. Its so painful to write this as a fan boi lol :)

I hope there is undiscovered things on great stuff like battery improvements and drive unit improvements. Wish listing for vehicle to grid too. Any butt hurt will vanish immediately on those sorts of enhancements. I dont anticipate anything useful in chassis or dynamics I cant see Tesla changing links or key positions of high mass assemblies or enhancing stiffness etcetc.

If I were to dream I'd imagine a future m3P+ version with the carbon fibre wrapped drive unit from the S not juts a cut down one in the rear of the M3. And, none of this M3P gets the normal front drive unit I want a future M3P to have the super high performance ones as found in the S at the front. Full hairpin on carbon fibre for the front currently only the rear drive unit in Model 3 gets the hairpin stator joy.