Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was scheduled to arrive on Sept 18th at Port of Brisbane - obviously a bit late.

Currently underway according to vesselfinder.

Port of Brisbane isn’t showing it yet - good chance it will be held at an anchorage before it gets to dock and unload. Still, not long to go!
Thanks, I said to myself I wasn't going to be that person who tracks the boat.... clearly I am :rolleyes:

Hope the delivery went well!!
Very well! We got there a bit early, and the SA was waiting out the front for us. The SA was excellent -- a young guy who knew all about the car (as young guys do!) -- we really felt like every question was welcome, and we asked a lot of dumb ones! :) His MO was to give us the basics and then let us ask lots of questions, and point out things to us along the way. As he said (and now I'm finding out) the car has lots of features, and it could be overwhelming if he told us about all of them up-front. I think this method works pretty well.

The build quality of the car is excellent. I am not a super-picky customer, but I'm not happy with just anything. Panel gaps, paint quality, fit and finish, all good. The only issue I have is with a rattle in the rear passenger side somewhere, which comes and goes. Everything that opens and shuts works well and feels good.

The grey looks good, and the wheel covers (I have the 18") look better in real life than in the photos. I'll be taking it in for paint correction and ceramic protection next week.

The Tesla method of servicing (via the app) is brilliant, I think.

There was way more room in the boot and frunk than I remembered.

The frameless doors took a bit to remember to close them via the door instead of grabbing the window :)

The drive was as good as I remembered it. I drove a lot around suburban streets, down and back to the shops, not much on the highway, just to get used to it today. That was a lot of fun! :D By the end the system had calibrated itself (cameras, etc) and it was showing the autopilot visualisations, which were sometimes great and sometimes amusing (when it doesn't get it right).

The wall charger worked beautifully. I'm really glad I got it. Have yet to try the granny charger.

Once you get the car and are actually using it, it's obvious there's a lot of depth to it (and you'll have a lot of fun trying everything out).

Tomorrow I have to work in the morning, but hopefully that'll be over soon and I can go for a cruise. We've got a couple of half-day trips planned to get used to highway driving, which I'm really looking forward to. Nothing involving longer trips and supercharging yet, but probably soon after that I reckon.

E: voice recognition is very hit and miss so far.

Guy in the photo is not me, but my Dad, who somehow accidentally got into the frame :)

IMG_2143.jpg

Can highly recommend the car :D

Last edited:
Very well! We got there a bit early, and the SA was waiting out the front for us. The SA was excellent -- a young guy who knew all about the car (as young guys do!) -- we really felt like every question was welcome, and we asked a lot of dumb ones! :) His MO was to give us the basics and then let us ask lots of questions, and point out things to us along the way. As he said (and now I'm finding out) the car has lots of features, and it could be overwhelming if he told us about all of them up-front. I think this method works pretty well.

The build quality of the car is excellent. I am not a super-picky customer, but I'm not happy with just anything. Panel gaps, paint quality, fit and finish, all good. The only issue I have is with a rattle in the rear passenger side somewhere, which comes and goes. Everything that opens and shuts works well and feels good.

The grey looks good, and the wheel covers (I have the 18") look better in real life than in the photos. I'll be taking it in for paint correction and ceramic protection next week.

The frameless doors took a bit to remember to close them via the door instead of grabbing the window :)

The drive was as good as I remembered it. I drove a lot around suburban streets, down and back to the shops, not much on the highway, just to get used to it today. That was a lot of fun! :D By the end the system had calibrated itself (cameras, etc) and it was showing the autopilot visualisations, which were sometimes great and sometimes amusing (when it doesn't get it right).

The wall charger worked beautifully. I'm really glad I got it. Have yet to try the granny charger.

Once you get the car and are actually using it, it's obvious there's a lot of depth to it (and you'll have a lot of fun trying everything out).

Tomorrow I have to work in the morning, but hopefully that'll be over soon and I can go for a cruise. We've got a couple of half-day trips planned to get used to highway driving, which I'm really looking forward to. Nothing involving longer trips and supercharging yet, but probably soon after that I reckon.

Guy in the photo is not me, but my Dad, who somehow accidentally got into the frame :)

View attachment 977800

That's awesome mate, congrats! and enjoy (insanely jealous)

I've got a M3 hired in a couple of weeks for a trip up to Brisbane to tide me over until mine arrives. Should be good to get a chance to try out all the features on a long trip (Has EAP and FSD)

View attachment 977800

So good!!!!

I’m so happy for you and insanely jealous!
Your car looks awesome and it sounds like you had a good experience at the delivery!

Excuse me while I read the post again!

View attachment 977800

Glad that it went well for you. Also glad to hear that there were no issues with the car. Considering we share the same specification, colour and the builds were on the same day, I am hoping that mine has no issue!

My pick up is tomorrow afternoon!

My other half is starting to get a bit antsy will all the cardboard boxes containing Tesla paraphernalia. I have started to store it in multiple spots around the house so the pile of gear does noo look to big in any one spot....... :D

The floor mats box and the sunroof shades are the hardest to hide IMO. The rest ive managed to blend in to other hiding spots, Ive had to move some stuff out to the shed to make room. I should just put the Tesla stuff in the shed, that would make more sense...

Im not sure this is such a good idea if the fuzz see it haha

And this would be a terrible idea for a Highland M3

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000
New toy picked up.

No issues with the car - better presentation on delivery than my brand new (and significantly more expensive) BMW was 18 months ago. No merch or fanfare (as expected) but also no quality issues. Paint, panel gaps etc. all very good.

Delivered with 80% battery, cameras calibrated before I made it home.

Attachments

• IMG_1025.jpeg
    IMG_1025.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 29
New toy picked up.

No issues with the car - better presentation on delivery than my brand new (and significantly more expensive) BMW was 18 months ago. No merch or fanfare (as expected) but also no quality issues. Paint, panel gaps etc. all very good.

Delivered with 80% battery, cameras calibrated before I made it home.
Very nice! Congrats!