Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had an RS3 pull up alongside me tonight, I am sure under normal circumstances they may have had a go but maybe they knew I had them beat, shame thought
The HR was heaps good haha.

In Adelaide You can tell the people who have given up the tail gating game and they are the ones playing the exact opposite game.
What you do is sit back 4 car lengths from the next car and let everyone (including as many rat racers coming out of side streets) in front of you. People changing lanes, no problems, in you come. People who just rolled up to a t-intersection, be my guest. What’s that you are driving a bus? Here you go, the people behind me have no where to be…
This afternoon the car in front of me let 12 cars in front of him in a very slow moving 1km stretch of Marion road.
This makes people so mad they cut around and cut them off, but they don’t care, they just go slower.
The seasoned professionals at that game will piss people off right up to an orange light, then roll thru, making everyone behind them have to stop, or cause an accident and keep driving. Usually it’s courier drivers is my observation as they are on the phone.

The other Adelaide thing is to take your effing time when a traffic light goes green. Green… wait, put it in gear, change the radio station, look at a tree, check your hair, take off slowly, next car, slowly take off etc etc. the reaction time is so slow sometimes only 4-5 cars get thru on a change. When I was in Sydney if you did that someone would ram you off the road into a ditch and then get out and kick yo a$$.

Anyway, yes Adelaide is a lovely place to visit and live, we even have Sunday trading now!
LOL, everything you say is true. Yes, in sydney if you wait more than 1.2 secs you get a long beep, arm out the window and then they tailgate you for good measure.

Might be something else for my pile-o-crap down the line.
Ive got somethign similar on my current car. Really good in summer as i can leave the window cracked open a bit to let the hot air out and in winter it helps preventing fogging up.
What are your thoughts? Would it distract from the look? Affect aerodynamics?

Had an RS3 pull up alongside me tonight, I am sure under normal circumstances they may have had a go but maybe they knew I had them beat, shame thought

LOL, everything you say is true. Yes, in sydney if you wait more than 1.2 secs you get a long beep, arm out the window and then they tailgate you for good measure.
They didnt have a chance haha

Reactions: Cocoboy
@Cocoboy @AngryLitig8r and anyone else with a model3, as you get some warmer weather can you let me know how the AC holds up? We are getting high 30s tomorrow which might head your way.
Super keen to hear if the AC keeps up :)

Mine works fine so far but if the car has been sitting in the sun it's best to precondition it (run the AC for a few minutes before you get in) as it can take a while to catch up. The radiant heat from the roof glass is quite noticeable until the cabin temp has stabilised.

Also the fan is very loud while it's working hard to bring the cabin temp down, I'd rather that carry-on happens before I get in! ;)

Reactions: dronus
Mine works fine so far but if the car has been sitting in the sun it's best to precondition it (run the AC for a few minutes before you get in) as it can take a while to catch up. The radiant heat from the roof glass is quite noticeable until the cabin temp has stabilised.

Also the fan is very loud while it's working hard to bring the cabin temp down, I'd rather that carry-on happens before I get in! ;)
Cool, so once it cools down it works well?
The remote starting the cooling from your phone would be awesome! Another thing to look forward too :)

Cool, so once it cools down it works well?
The remote starting the cooling from your phone would be awesome! Another thing to look forward too :)
Can confirm. I am in Adelaide and this week my car has been parked in the sun - cabin temp gets up over 50 degrees. I put the remote cooling on for about 10 mins before i get back to the car and it is below 20 by then and ready to go.

View attachment 988986

That’s heaps good, hopefully it’s included across the board as we get a lot of dust and pollen etc here.
Will be awesome for those with kids with allergies and also when some stinky bugger insists in smoking in traffic, billowing smoke and flicking ash out the window (a pet peeve of mine!)
@Cocoboy @AngryLitig8r and anyone else with a model3, as you get some warmer weather can you let me know how the AC holds up? We are getting high 30s tomorrow which might head your way.
The AC works perfectly. I haven't had any issues with heating/cooling.

When I had the tinting done, the shop said they wouldn't recommend tinting the roof or even the lower portion of the rear window, but I know people who have done it.

In the end, I bought sun shades for the roof. I have never been a fan of glass roofs.

did you manage to see where in NZ it was? I have friends over there atm and if it was nearby i could dispatch them with a camera hahaha
Haha, no, they were photographed on a car carrier on a highway somewhere. Weird though as they were covered in white plastic wrap, not sure I have seen that before in other pictures. There looked to be a Model Y on the same carrier. They could be just going to the showroom? So maybe your friend can go and see there....

And not just that, but I get absolutely fecked off when waiting patiently at a roundabout during busy times when you have to be quick to take advantage of any gaps and some nobhead just turns left before you without indicating and by the time you realise, the next car is coming. My biggest source of roadrage, I am looking forward to this Tesla ability to change the horn noise to one of me shouting a pretty nasty four letter word....
The fart noise gives me endless enjoyment, my wife not so much.

View attachment 988986

That’s heaps good, hopefully it’s included across the board as we get a lot of dust and pollen etc here.
Will be awesome for those with kids with allergies and also when some stinky bugger insists in smoking in traffic, billowing smoke and flicking ash out the window (a pet peeve of mine!)
Aircon works very well but I havent had excessive heat yet and I live up in the cooler mountains. I have the cabin overheat set at 30 so it always cools it down and then I pre-condition at a set time so its nice and cool when I get in. I just love any excuse to pull out the app and play with the car. It is noisy at full speed but makes me feel like I am driving an ICE vehicle again!

Haha, no, they were photographed on a car carrier on a highway somewhere. Weird though as they were covered in white plastic wrap, not sure I have seen that before in other pictures. There looked to be a Model Y on the same carrier. They could be just going to the showroom? So maybe your friend can go and see there....
Ill let them know and see if they go past a show room if they can face time me.
I suspect they are out in the country somewhere atm speaking with Gandalf, or at a beach surfing. Holidaying in NZ can be random lol

Aircon works very well but I havent had excessive heat yet and I live up in the cooler mountains. I have the cabin overheat set at 30 so it always cools it down and then I pre-condition at a set time so its nice and cool when I get in. I just love any excuse to pull out the app and play with the car. It is noisy at full speed but makes me feel like I am driving an ICE vehicle again!
Heres another question then.

Say you plug your car in at home (or accidently at work) and the car has either finished charging or is waiting for scheduled charging.
If you turn the AC on, or have the cabin overheat thing set, does it just use the charger to run the AC or is it using the battery?
Im digging around for that one, i suspect it uses the charger..

When your free premium connectivity expires have you set any intentions whether you will subscribe to it?
I take it that PC doesnt affect the app-car relationship, its just the stuff listed on the site in regards to maps and streaming etc. From what ive read the car has 2 sims in it, one for tesla stuff and the other for the media type stuff.

I found this quite interesting as might other nerds :)