Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Credit: someone on X

Looks good!
IMG_7294.jpeg
IMG_7292.jpeg
IMG_7293.jpeg

Went to the Tesla Parramatta Showroom today and they have a red M3 LR with black seats and Nova wheels on display.
It has a build date of 10/23.

I spent over an hour checking and inspecting everything and was very impressed with the car overall.

Here are some highlights:
  • The exterior looks great and the interior even better - very modern and luxurious.
  • Interior materials looked and felt great - a lot of soft-touch materials with excellent fit and finish.
  • Loved the ambient lighting and it doesn't reflect on the windscreen as it's slightly hidden (Tesla obviously tested this during development).
  • All seats were very comfortable and felt like they were custom made for me. Most people there said the same thing although we all differ in sizes.
  • Front seat ventilation worked well and were more effective than the ventilated seats in the BYD Seal.
  • Rear aircon controls were great and I was able to direct air onto my face even when I had my head right up against the headrest.
  • I didn't wanna go crazy so only tested 12 times and can confirm that the door thunk is definitely better than the old car.
I am glad I didn't cancel my M3 order in favor of a BYD Seal.

I also had a chat with one of the SA's there and he said:
  • He drove the red car last night and it was very comfortable and quiet.
  • Customer test drives won't be available until January 2024 [sad face].
  • There will be no USS just like the car on display.
  • He and most of his colleagues ordered the new M3 and they will get their cars before customers.
  • Tesla employees are expecting to get their cars in the 1st week of January 2024 and customer deliveries will start the week after [sad face again].
  • No chance of anyone getting their car in 2023 [sad face continued].
I am hoping that the SA is wrong about the last 2 points.

Went to the Tesla Parramatta Showroom today and they have a red M3 LR with black seats and Nova wheels on display.

I spent over an hour checking and inspecting everything and was very impressed with the car overall.

• The exterior looks great and the interior even better - very modern and luxurious.
  • Interior materials looked and felt great - a lot of soft-touch materials with excellent fit and finish.
  • Loved the ambient lighting and it doesn't reflect on the windscreen as it's slightly hidden (Tesla obviously tested this during development).
  • All seats were very comfortable and felt like they were custom made for me. Most people there said the same thing although we all differ in sizes.
  • Front seat ventilation worked well and were more effective than the ventilated seats in the BYD Seal.
  • Rear aircon controls were great and I was able to direct air onto my face even when I had my head right up against the headrest.
  • I didn't wanna go crazy so only tested 12 times and can confirm that the door thunk is definitely better than the old car.

• He and most of his colleagues ordered the new M3 and they will get their cars before customers.
  • Tesla employees are expecting to get their cars in the 1st week of January 2024 and customer deliveries will start the week after [sad face again].
My NL company who previously advised my delivery is pushed easier to December 2023 had now advised the new expected delivery timeframe is Jan 2024, which seems consistent with what the SA said. My bet is our cars will be coming over to Aus over the next month, possibly arriving just before/around Christmas and then delivery starts in early Jan.

Awesome review, thanks for writing it up.
Wow, that’s a fresh build date!

Bit average giving the Tesla staff theirs before paying customers, I didn’t expect that.

I was at Parramatta today. I asked one of them if there's a m3 with white interior that i can look at anywhere in sydney. He straight up told me this is the one and only new model 3 in all of sydney.
My conclusion: SA dont know whats up and my car is coming next week :D

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
I was at Parramatta today. I asked one of them if there's a m3 with white interior that i can look at anywhere in sydney. He straight up told me this is the one and only new model 3 in all of sydney.
My conclusion: SA dont know whats up and my car is coming next week :D
Yeah I tend to agree. Even if individually they are closely following all of this they probably just say the same thing or have no idea.
I had a response from a different SA saying to keep an eye on the app for delivery updates but didn’t give any specific info.

If they are weeks ahead of schedule then, like other countries the cars will turn up at the same time.

Reactions: DougalVizsla
I'm still hopeful, with the oversupply of MY's already I can't see them sending another two ships with more Y's back to back.

Also noting that the VP/MC combo are scheduled to get into port between 8 and 20 Dec, I can see them counting that as a likely early Jan delivery, particularly if they are being conservative regarding port delays, some people not being available to pick up over xmas, etc.

When I spoke to some of the staff at CBR about the potential for a pre-xmas delivery they did indicate that they are open and doing deliveries all the way up to the main public holidays, so they seemed cautiously optimistic.

• Love
Reactions: Murphster