Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any word on when we are getting the holidays software update? Mine doesn’t seem to have it yet.
My understanding is that the software is loaded on at the factory and have read it's an .x00 version for new deliveries that they use for some sort of tracking/telematics to ensure everything is working correctly before you get merged into the main branch.

Check this thread for post delivery Highland discussion- Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

Hopefully we can all be spending our time there soon!

My guess is that there are two ways to manage allocations, 1st is en masse when they’re notified the ship has landed because it means one person can just pump them all out over a couple of hours. The 2nd is as the orders come through the showrooms and the keep on top of them as they come through.

It could be as simple as there being more than enough inventory to cover everyone’s orders at this stage and so it’s a moot exercise doing it as they come through, because ultimately everyone will get a car.
Yeah, sounds like Mt Gravatt is one of the centres that haven't had VIN's release as yet. Hopefully soon.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
I did a test drive yesterday in RWD White. White does not get as hot as other colours. The roof gets very hot, so those sunshades are likely necessary; another option would be to cover it with IR reflective film, which should be a relatively straightforward DIY job.
RWD is slow and definitely less fun than dual motor LR. The sound in RWD is amazing, so LR sound would probably be even more amazing.
Stalks are non-issue. I've got used to the buttons in a few minutes and then stopped thinking about them. The thunk is definitely less tin-canny and more deep, bassy and posh.

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
It happened! Got a VIN.

1000001625.png

Seems like it's way later than other orders...

I did a test drive yesterday in RWD White. White does not get as hot as other colours. The roof gets very hot, so those sunshades are likely necessary; another option would be to cover it with IR reflective film, which should be a relatively straightforward DIY job.
RWD is slow and definitely less fun than dual motor LR. The sound in RWD is amazing, so LR sound would probably be even more amazing.
Stalks are non-issue. I've got used to the buttons in a few minutes and then stopped thinking about them. The thunk is definitely less tin-canny and more deep, bassy and posh.
On the topic of sound, for those with a LR on order -

Reactions: X Æ A-12