Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5753E2DF-9422-40C8-9960-F3211399CD85.jpeg

The Don Juan currently at anchor off the Wollongong coast

To those paying cash, have any of you discussed splitting the payment to be credit/debit card payments instead of direct deposit? Trying to take advantage of some credit card points and get me a free business class trip somewhere… 💸
Yeh I’m considering chucking $10-$20k on my AMEX for points. I did some searching and historically the surcharge was around 1.7% back in 2022 for putting payments down for a car on credit card at Tesla. I’ll confirm with my delivery centre this week though.

Reactions: X Æ A-12
I’m assuming my build date is 12th Sept 2023. (12/9/23 not 9/12/23) Ordered on 15th December.
Maybe one of the first Shanghai highlands perhaps. Bit of a concern, although I will give them the benefit of the doubt after many years of production of the previous model 3…

Attachments

• IMG_2534.jpeg
    IMG_2534.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 15
I’m assuming my build date is 12th Sept 2023. (12/9/23 not 9/12/23) Ordered on 15th December.
Maybe one of the first Shanghai highlands perhaps. Bit of a concern, although I will give them the benefit of the doubt after many years of production of the previous model 3…
I doubt it very much, they didn't start producing RHD until MUCH later and they generally don't sit longer than a few days (weeks at most) before getting shipped from everything I've seen. I would bet it's 9 Dec, not 12 Sept.

That would be good to know,
Where could I find the build date other than the final invoice?
Does the VIN hold the build month somewhere?

After looking at the invoice paperwork, it seems you might be right about the non-US date format. The invoice date is in Australian format, so the build date of 9th of December 9/12/23 is logical.