Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have nfi how ANCAP ratings are granted but, Shirley there is a local body who does this, if so do they not inspect the car physically or did the M3H automatically retain the pre-facelift model? And then this #tethergate issue came to surface and they start to sh1t bricks?

Otherwise, where is the spokesperson of ANCAP to explain who missed the missing flap during inspection, and then signed off on the 5-star rating for the M3H sales to go ahead?
It was still using the old one. It was due to be reinspected next year. They last for 5 years apparently unless there has been a change in the car. Which I guess makes sense because 5 years seems to be the lifespan of most car models.

Without wanting to go over old ground, we know the tethers are actually there. It all feels a bit stupid. Just a brain fart in the factory. Dumb. It is hard to even blame Tesla tbh, just someone who had one job....

Reactions: AusMar
Seems like I found the answer: Tesla Model 3 electric car under investigation in Australia for possible compliance breach

1705481272943.png

Reactions: Murphster
I dont think the cars are actully inspected by au authorities, not even a sample.

All those cars are given to youtube content creators instead

This is my problem tbh, YouTubers who pretend to be car journalists, and the car journalists themselves. They all bloody reviewed this car, they are supposed to be experts. They had access to it before anyone else did. Some of them even published the specs and said there was three tethers in the rear, even as their "journalists" were test driving them and drinking the Tesla Champagne at the launch event.

Bit rich for them to be using this news as clickbait now, maybe had any of them done their jobs last year this wouldn't be a thing...

This is my problem tbh, YouTubers who pretend to be car journalists, and the car journalists themselves. They all bloody reviewed this car, they are supposed to be experts. They had access to it before anyone else did. Some of them even published the specs and said there was three tethers in the rear, even as their "journalists" were test driving them and drinking the Tesla Champagne at the launch event.

Bit rich for them to be using this news as clickbait now, maybe had any of them done their jobs last year this wouldn't be a thing...
Yep and people somehow see them as authoritive or educated but the media sites are there for advertising clicks and the youtubes are there for free stuff.
Neither of which benefits us.

It is hard to even blame Tesla tbh, just someone who had one job....
It’s a minor problem with an easy fix, but it’s easy to blame Tesla, in my opinion. This isn’t just someone forgetting to cut it at the factory, it’s part an engineering design that would have gone through multiple levels of review before finally being approved.

It’s a pretty bad mistake, in my opinion.

It was still using the old one. It was due to be reinspected next year. They last for 5 years apparently unless there has been a change in the car. Which I guess makes sense because 5 years seems to be the lifespan of most car models.

Without wanting to go over old ground, we know the tethers are actually there. It all feels a bit stupid. Just a brain fart in the factory. Dumb. It is hard to even blame Tesla tbh, just someone who had one job....
Prob under the pump to get the cars out

whos driving the Model Y?
I watched his video comparison, he ended up saying that if you commute into the city and back, occasionally do longer trips, then you should buy the Tesla. I stopped then. I assume he went on to say that the Seal was better if you drive long journeys everyday and need the range, comfort, buttons and stalks etc.. But I didn't hang around for that bit because I live in an Australian city and hate camping. So even BYD Tom says buy the Tesla.

I watched his video comparison, he ended up saying that if you commute into the city and back, occasionally do longer trips, then you should buy the Tesla. I stopped then. I assume he went on to say that the Seal was better if you drive long journeys everyday and need the range, comfort, buttons and stalks etc.. But I didn't hang around for that bit because I live in an Australian city and hate camping. So even BYD Tom says buy the Tesla.
Buy Your Dreams, that’s either Joy or a Tesla

You got further than i did.
Android gingerbread on a rotating screen would be too annoying. Even if “they will hopefully make it look better in an update” id be adding a car to the EV catching fire statistics pretty quickly. Just kidding.

Reactions: Jules22
Yeah ill just fly there and then sleep in a hotel thanks. My days of sleeping on the ground in a tent 3 feet away from some fat drunk dude in the next tent who spends the night friggin in the riggin then snoring and farting are well and truely over.

The short term “gain” of saving a few bucks would be deminished by 5 years of novated lease constrained getting payed out by everyone.

Reactions: Quickst
It’s a minor problem with an easy fix, but it’s easy to blame Tesla, in my opinion. This isn’t just someone forgetting to cut it at the factory, it’s part an engineering design that would have gone through multiple levels of review before finally being approved.

It’s a pretty bad mistake, in my opinion.
Hopefully Tesla's local homologation engineer gets the sack. However much money Tesla saved in removing the central tether access point, they've now lost.

Reactions: dronus