Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up this bad boy in Canberra today. Hand over was great and as instructed the guys didn’t fit the aero covers so that was great.
D0A0ED84-7D8C-419B-9F3E-827E06F31E3E.jpeg
965BC1EA-DDF3-4323-BD61-8F998EAA1006.jpeg

To those registering in NSW: how is your rego papers coming along?

I am having a bit of drama here. Tesla's original rego paperwork instructions I felt were wrong. They want me to fill in MY OWN details as the "authorized representative".

I made the initiative to fill in correctly (to the best of my understanding), based on the succesful registration of my first Model 3 in 2022, but Tesla just rejected my paperwork.

Anyone else having this drama? It's Page 3 of the form. "Complete this to authorise another person to register a vehicle in your name". My understanding is, we (the buyer/owner) sign the top half, authorizing another person (Tesla's staff) to register the car on our behalf, and therefore the details of THAT Tesla's staff should be filled in at the bottom, not our (the buyer/owner).
UPDATE: spoke to a Tesla staff, in short: their instructions are correct, even though they admit it was counter-intuitive, but that's what Service NSW wants *shrugs* so... I still haven't got my car yet but consider this a false alarm, sorry about that.