Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

Currently driving around in the new model 3 after having it delivered and it’s awesome.

Quick question though as this is my first EV: How low do you let the battery go to before you put it on charge? My cars battery is currently on 81%.

On a side note: The indicators on the wheel took a few seconds of getting used up. TBH I prefer this set up over traditional stalks.

Also the gear shift on the screen is a non issue.

Hey everyone,

Currently driving around in the new model 3 after having it delivered and it’s awesome.

Quick question though as this is my first EV: How low do you let the battery go to before you put it on charge? My cars battery is currently on 81%.

On a side note: The indicators on the wheel took a few seconds of getting used up. TBH I prefer this set up over traditional stalks.

For day to day driving, I plan to let it go down as low as 10%ish and just charge when it's convenient for me (or when there is a negative tariff), roughly once a week.

Unless I have a big drive coming up, I see no reason to worry about charging it up other than when it's most convenient.

Reactions: Tesl3on and dronus
Hey everyone,

I usually charge once a week. I don’t have a long commute to work, so the once a week charge works perfectly for me.

Reactions: Jules22
For day to day driving, I plan to let it go down as low as 10%ish and just charge when it's convenient for me (or when there is a negative tariff), roughly once a week.

Unless I have a big drive coming up, I see no reason to worry about charging it up other than when it's most convenient.
Recommend by a lot to never let below 20%ish but I could be wrong. I never let my old M3 below 20%

Had 0% degradation on sale

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
Those who previously owned Teslas or, those who have recently received delivery, what does your internal cabin temp typically sit at? I’ve noticed mine is unusually high (28c) even though external is lower, and car hasn’t been used for hours.

Thinking maybe heat from battery - but odd…
Yeah about 28 for my old M3, can help to have it covered or a sun shade if out doors

Reactions: GE33EK and dronus
Recommend by a lot to never let below 20%ish but I could be wrong. I never let my old M3 below 20%

Had 0% degradation on sale
yeah, LOTS of conflicting info out there, but my understanding is as long as it's not sitting at near 0% or near 100% for long periods of time, it is just fine. (no expert that's the best I've been able to come up with by looking at all of the various bits of information which often is conflicting)

Reactions: X Æ A-12
Hey everyone,

Recommendation is to charge to 100% once a week.

Lots of people here love (BYD) Tom and this might be helpful

Reactions: X Æ A-12