Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found keeping it between 30% and 80% rather easy. Just treat it like any other battery but it’s just larger and more expensive.
I guess if you look at your fuel gauge in you ICE car its what you are comfortable with once you know your routine. I dont fill my ICE car up everyday, i know i can drive for like a week or so but if it gets to say 1/4 tank i start thinking about it, 1/8 tank its time to do something. Or, i might be at 3/4 tank and i see fuel is at the lower end of the cycle i top up knowing im about to get rorted an extra 50c a litre if i leave it another day... same with solar or opportunistic charging i suppose...

Where is your dingy these days?
Mine is also at Feb 14 - Mar 6. Im assuming we're both on FA...
1705619273405.png

I guess if you look at your fuel gauge in you ICE car its what you are comfortable with once you know your routine. I dont fill my ICE car up everyday, i know i can drive for like a week or so but if it gets to say 1/4 tank i start thinking about it, 1/8 tank its time to do something. Or, i might be at 3/4 tank and i see fuel is at the lower end of the cycle i top up knowing im about to get rorted an extra 50c a litre if i leave it another day... same with solar or opportunistic charging i suppose...
Similar but still think you have to think about long term degradation due to resale factor. I’d prefer to buy a car that has 90% SOH then 85%, the decline is about to tenfold on the latter.

Reactions: dronus
Charging totally depends on your driving habits or routine. Luckily I work from home 3 to 4 days a week and having solar I typically find I can trickle charge using excess solar throughout the week and still have more than 60% of battery by Friday. Then on the weekend I make use of the 2 hour free Electricity period on Sat and Sun and charge to 100%.

Charging totally depends on your driving habits or routine. Luckily I work from home 3 to 4 days a week and having solar I typically find I can trickle charge using excess solar throughout the week and still have more than 60% of battery by Friday. Then on the weekend I make use of the 2 hour free Electricity period on Sat and Sun and charge to 100%.
That’s seems decent, I would get to about 30% on my LFP M3 within two days of driving haha.

Reactions: dronus
Similar but still think you have to think about long term degradation due to resale factor. I’d prefer to buy a car that has 90% SOH then 85%, the decline is about to tenfold on the latter.
Ahh yep makes sense. Not that ive bought a second hand mobile phone but similar principle i guess.. someone who has used the battery health thing vs someone who has wringed its neck, you can see the battery health in the settings after a year or so. My iph14pro battery heath is down to 89% :(

Reactions: X Æ A-12
My original delivery date was today. Now it’s Jan 18 Feb 8. I highly doubt it will be in this timeframe. I’m gonna start hassling them to get a free mobile connector at least 😂
I bought the Tesla home charger and got it instlalled. Bought $200 worth of accessories. Finance is all sorted and paid. So cancelling the order now is not worth the hassle. Someone should be loosing their job of this stupid debacle

Doubt you'll have much success there.

The best the Glovis Caravel victims got, after months of delays, was eventually 6 months of free enhanced autopilot.
Any freebie I can get is a win after this crap show. If I didn’t spend all this money already I would have already cancelled the order. I will give it 2-3 weeks and see what happens. Hopefully they can sort it out quickly