Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who the heck is so pathetic to steal our 10cent each parcel tray flaps???

Fascinating.

1705892870774.gif

Pretty clear from the spare parts catalogue that the design intent is that Au cars have three exposed tether ports (as required by ADR). Tends to suggest a factory error (installed generic parcel shelves rather than Au-spec versions), not some half-baked attempt to avoid costs or simplify the process.

Pretty easy for Tesla to order the replacement parts - just look in their own catalogue. There's probably a h-u-g-e collection of Au-spec parcel shelves leaning up against a wall in the factory. Someone will be saying (in Chinese) "Yeah, I've been wondering what those were for."

Fascinating.

View attachment 1011126

Pretty clear from the spare parts catalogue that the design intent is that Au cars have three exposed tether ports (as required by ADR). Tends to suggest a factory error (installed generic parcel shelves rather than Au-spec versions), not some half-baked attempt to avoid costs or simplify the process.

Pretty easy for Tesla to order the replacement parts - just look in their own catalogue. There's probably a h-u-g-e collection of Au-spec parcel shelves leaning up against a wall in the factory. Someone will be saying (in Chinese) "Yeah, I've been wondering what those were for."
Some very good points there.
Id be hoping the parcel shelves would be getting pretty close if not at the DCs so they can be fitted..

Talking of spiders, i wonder what will happen to these supercharger spiders. They are getting bombarded with radiation.

I wonder if one day they will evolve in to some breed of supercharged mutant spiders. I definitely wouldn’t want to meet the spider version of Magneto or Jean

• Funny
Reactions: jeevas123
Who the heck is so pathetic to steal our 10cent each parcel tray flaps???

When you look at the Australia Part Catalogue for the highland model the repair quantity is 2 and order in quantity is 2. If you look at the previous version the repair quantity and order in quantity is 3. Interestingly when you look at the US version of the parts catalogue it has quantity of 3 for the tether cap assembly. So based on this it might have been a bit of an oversight from Tesla but considering it looks the US version has 3 tether points they should have parcel shelves available to sort it out.

1705894519259.png

When you look at the Australia Part Catalogue for the highland model the repair quantity is 2 and order in quantity is 2. If you look at the previous version the repair quantity and order in quantity is 3. Interestingly when you look at the US version of the parts catalogue it has quantity of 3 for the tether cap assembly. So based on this it might have been a bit of an oversight from Tesla but considering it looks the US version has 3 tether points they should have parcel shelves available to sort it out.

View attachment 1011128
I noticed that repair quantity 2 - order quantity 2 when the picture clearly showed 3. Also wondered why someone have to replace the whole set if one of them is broken or missing.

But then did the US Service manual already got updated to accomodate Highland changes, given that it just started taking orders there?

I noticed that repair quantity 2 - order quantity 2 when the picture clearly showed 3. Also wondered why someone have to replace the whole set if one of them is broken or missing.

But then did the US Service manual already got updated to accomodate Highland changes, given that it just started taking orders there?

Did they generate their specs with ChatGPT or something? This is almost like a hallucination.

I wish I had your optimism... my negative thinking has me worried we'll still be waiting in another 1+ months time 😅
I really can't see it going anywhere near a month, just doesn't make sense (remember BYD had more serious defects to rectify) but even if it does, it doesn't cost me any more to start payments now. Just means the worst case is not 1 month+however many days the NL company stuff around for + 48 hours for Tesla to release the vehicle.

Finally managed to get Smart Salary to go ahead and pay the invoice. Don't want to be held up by them stuffing around once these vehicles finally get cleared!

They were dragging their feet waiting on 'official word' It's not like it's going to cost me any more if I start payments now vs wait a week!
I was also seriously thinking about giving a go-ahead to the NL rather than making them wait.

Reactions: Jules22
Finally managed to get Smart Salary to go ahead and pay the invoice. Don't want to be held up by them stuffing around once these vehicles finally get cleared!

They were dragging their feet waiting on 'official word' It's not like it's going to cost me any more if I start payments now vs wait a week!
Yeah ive asked mine to settle the invoice as soon as they can.
Ill then let my SA know im good to go and that im available asap to take delivery :)

The longer i leave it now the more likely it will be delayed and my income tax goes up.

It is not that nobody cares, everybody does... It is because sending a ship back is easy, and doing something with crime is hard. Same as it is easier to put speed limits and sting lone mothers with ridiculously huge fines rather than fix roads to make them safe to drive.
It is not that nobody cares, everybody does... It is because sending a ship back is easy, and doing

I assume a lot of the standard flow of information is on hold at the moment while this issue is sorted.

Tesla seem to switch things up when they don't go to plan... for example for our Model Y order they never told us the new ship after the Glovis Caravel saga, the first we'd "officially" heard is that it had arrived in Australia.
Same happened to me, I was told that the car was on Australia, nothing about ship names.

It was the part catalogue updated for January 2024 which lines up with the release of the updated model in the US, now they could have just copied over from the previous one but was jus interesting that their updated catalogue was 3 and all the catalogues for the countries that already have them state 2.