Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the m3h doesnt meet ADR because of that stupid clip thing, how can you still book test drives?

Can i just take my car for a permanent test drive?
I think Registered vehicles are still considered Roadworthy until a recall is issued with an emergency stop drive order. There is no other go about it.

I can't remember any instance of a recall anywhere with immediate stop driving order even for that stupendous ford issue which causes the whole engine stall(US) at high speed due to a faulty steering lock issue and many other severe issues.

I think Registered vehicles are still considered Roadworthy until a recall is issued with an emergency stop drive order. There is no other go about it.

I can't remember any instance of a recall anywhere with immediate stop driving order even for that stupendous ford issue which causes the whole engine stall(US) at high speed due to a faulty steering lock issue and many other severe issues.
Didnt they just work out that it was cheaper to pay out the families of the people it kills than recall all the cars or something? hahaha. U.S.A !

Reactions: jeevas123
Nah, apart from the initial order email, I’ve never received a single email or text from Tesla regarding my order that I haven’t initiated.
That means I would say It is still not confirmed. The VIN in the app may be a glitch and it can change. So probably take it easy until you start getting half a dozen emails and SMS and even a call from Tesla Rep.

Also make sure that you didn't Spam Tesla emails. Check your spam folder once.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Nah, apart from the initial order email, I’ve never received a single email or text from Tesla regarding my order that I haven’t initiated.
I assume a lot of the standard flow of information is on hold at the moment while this issue is sorted.

Tesla seem to switch things up when they don't go to plan... for example for our Model Y order they never told us the new ship after the Glovis Caravel saga, the first we'd "officially" heard is that it had arrived in Australia.

Yes, but nowadays someone somewhere is going to do something really stupid and blame someone else.
It's not really about blame in this case. The people being affected are the babies and toddlers potentially being put into unsafe situations, and it's a bit much to hold them responsible for their own safety. And blaming the idiot guardians after the fact is going to be cold comfort to the actual people in danger here. The decision has obviously been made that eventually ensuring the national vehicle fleet ends up with anchor points in each rear seat is going to be the most effective course of action.

It's frustrating but Tesla should have known the rules, and they've goofed.

Reactions: helio3
Another mind bender:

If we are not going to subscribe to premium connectivity what is going to happen with the Sim card for LTE connectivity?

Will it ship with one if we don't subcribe?

Who is the MVNO for tesla simcard?

Can we remove the sim card easily ?
You just leave the SIM card there. It's used for standard connectivity as well, which is what lets you use the app to do a bunch of things remotely like control the air conditioning, start/stop charging, change the charge level, send navigation directions to the car, etcetera.